• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief... I'm out of it for a little while and you guys have already gone through 150 posts since I left? :eek:

OH BY THE WAY: for those of you keeping score (I have little better to do), we went from post 4000 to post 5000 in a mere 53 hours! If we keep up this exponential rate of posts, I'm not sure what's gonna meltdown first: the Android Forums or Steven58's brain!

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Good grief... I'm out of it for a little while and you guys have already gone through 150 posts since I left? :eek:

OH BY THE WAY: for those of you keeping score (I have little better to do), we went from post 4000 to post 5000 in a mere 53 hours! If we keep up this exponential rate of posts, I'm not sure what's gonna meltdown first: the Android Forums or Steven58's brain!
He is in melt down allright. I guess you have not seen the latest picture of Steve. I think it was post 4821.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Nashdroid
Upvote 0
Please let me know if that picture should be deleted from the OP. It didn't look quite right to me, either.

I would delete it, for now at least. We really have no hard evidence of exactly WHAT that device is. It may very well turn out to be the Prime, but it also may turn out to be a prototype or a tester device, or it may be ONE version of the Nexus. We really aren't sure. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0
So it doesn't look right because it doesn't look like what you want it to look like? What other phone out there has no captive buttons on it? And as was already stated that pic is a screen capture from the video of what is being claimed to be the Prime online.

I know it was claimed to be the prime. But yes it doesn't look right to me that's why I put "IMO" in my post :). Also I was saying that because the other leaks we saw said it would have a metal casing and this one doesn't look like it does (again IMO). Hopefully the final product is one everyone likes.

Reactions: Nashdroid
Upvote 0
I know it was claimed to be the prime. But yes it doesn't look right to me that's why I put "IMO" in my post :). Also I was saying that because the other leaks we saw said it would have a metal casing and this one doesn't look like it does (again IMO). Hopefully the final product is one everyone likes.

how can you tell it doesn't have a metal case by looking at the front of it?

Upvote 0
They are different pics. Look at the direction of the curve and the location of the bulge on the side profile
+
Nashdroid made some changes to the pic because the phones side view is upside down. And I think he did a good job tring to fix it the right way.

When I said the pic looks fishy to me had nothing to do with Nashdroids work.

Upvote 0
Not to say that you didn't make this but I've seen this on the net last week.

I never claimed to have made it. Maybe I should have made that more clear. I just edited it to make the profile of the phone, from the side, correct. It was upsidedown and mirrored. I fixed it. I DID NOT create this image. I only edited and corrected it.

Upvote 0
I never claimed to have made it. Maybe I should have made that more clear. I just edited it to make the profile of the phone, from the side, correct. It was upsidedown and mirrored. I fixed it. I DID NOT create this image. I only edited and corrected it.
Thx for making this Nash, I don't know why you're getting so much grief for making the effort to contribute something to the forum.

Upvote 0
I would delete it, for now at least. We really have no hard evidence of exactly WHAT that device is. It may very well turn out to be the Prime, but it also may turn out to be a prototype or a tester device, or it may be ONE version of the Nexus. We really aren't sure. Just my opinion.

By that logic we should delete this entire forum's worth of posts about the Prime since we don't know what will or won't be in the Prime or if it will even be called the Prime or what network it will be released on or even if this is just some cruel hoax to make us all a little crazier.

I think it should stay. It's as good and as accurate a picture of the Prime as anything else that may have been created or posted on the net. Again I go back to the question 'What other device out there doesn't have hard buttons?' Because the device in that pic clearly doesn't have them. I don't think it should be dismissed simply because we don't like it.

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
Nash quit trying to take credit for a pic that has already been out. You didn't make it somebody else did. You should know better than that..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I kid I kid. I'm doing lollercopters all over my apartment over this. hahahahahahahahah. Too funny

Upvote 0
By that logic we should delete this entire forum's worth of posts about the Prime since we don't know what will or won't be in the Prime or if it will even be called the Prime or what network it will be released on or even if this is just some cruel hoax to make us all a little crazier.

I think it should stay. It's as good and as accurate a picture of the Prime as anything else that may have been created or posted on the net. Again I go back to the question 'What other device out there doesn't have hard buttons?' Because the device in that pic clearly doesn't have them. I don't think it should be dismissed simply because we don't like it.

Yeah, I hear ya. My reasoning was just that the render, which I did an edit of, was never claiming to be the actual device. It was always just an artist's render. The other picture is actually claiming to be the actual device, and we really don't have any solid evidence that it IS actually the Nexus. It may be though. That was just my reasoning. If we got a leaked picture or video from a close inside source that we know is credible saying "this is the Nexus Prime/Galaxy Nexus" then I would be fine with it being in the first post. I'm just not entirely certain what that phone is that Ice Cream Sandwich was shown off on. That's all I'm saying.

Upvote 0

Do we think Samsung's original teaser video with the curved blue line looked like a metal case? Maybe that wasn't the Prime either? Or maybe Samsung got it wrong too.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I hear ya. My reasoning was just that the render, which I did an edit of, was never claiming to be the actual device. It was always just an artist's render. The other picture is actually claiming to be the actual device, and we really don't have any solid evidence that it IS actually the Nexus. It may be though. That was just my reasoning. If we got a leaked picture or video from a close inside source that we know is credible saying "this is the Nexus Prime/Galaxy Nexus" then I would be fine with it being in the first post. I'm just not entirely certain what that phone is that Ice Cream Sandwich was shown off on. That's all I'm saying.

Well that's easy enough to resolve. Simply post it with a caption that says "It this the Prime?"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones