• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nash quit trying to take credit for a pic that has already been out. You didn't make it somebody else did. You should know better than that..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I kid I kid. I'm doing lollercopters all over my apartment over this. hahahahahahahahah. Too funny

I mean a guy takes some time out of his Sunday to put the dang power button on the correct side of the phone and this is the thanks I get??? ;)

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0
Another great source of info on this, I think, is britishturbo's Google + page. The circles he's running in seem to be very well connected. I "found" him by googling Blake Manecks (Black Man X) and then pulling Lee Johnston out of his circles list. Lee's been pretty good about keeping dialogue open about what he believes is true...Just a thought for those looking for other sources as well.

Upvote 0
Another great source of info on this, I think, is britishturbo's Google + page. The circles he's running in seem to be very well connected. I "found" him by googling Black Manecks (Black Man X) and then pulling Lee Johnson out of his circles list. Lee's been pretty good about keeping dialogue open about what he believes is true...Just a thought for those looking for other sources as well.
He nailed the Bionic amidst all the misinformation on it. He is DEFINITELY one to "watch"

Upvote 0
I didn't realize that picture was a still from the leaked video. I forgot about the leaked video. I'm keeping the picture up for now, because it has a right to be there along with all the other rumor stuff we have. :)

Edit: the OS in the video didn't seem to me to be overly snappy. Hmm....

Reactions: BLD
Upvote 0
Is there something wrong with the Samsung video now?:eek:
Or am I losing it?

No. I was just being a little devil's advocate. There was a comment that the online video didn't seem right because it didn't look like a metal case as was stated in some of the many rumor. I was simply pointing out that the Samsung video didn't look like a metal case either.

Upvote 0
...Then there's the ICS tour video, where the phone appears to HAVE at least a metal band around the sides:

Nexus Prime first video - Gadget.ro - YouTube

@NashDroid: For the record, I think you did a great job fixing the upside-down image. It had bugged me for a long time, and now it looks a lot better. Thanks :)

Reactions: Nashdroid
Upvote 0
In the render, the front of the phone looks like the artist who rendered it used the Galaxy SII LTE for the framework, instead of the Galaxy SII LTE HD. The actual phone should appear longer and more slender, as compared to wider and shorter, like say...the Epic 4G Touch. The more I think about it, that video that was leaked could very well be the Prime. Of course it doesn't look as sexy as we'd like, because it's a crappy video that isn't even in HD. Not to mention we never get to see it from the side and see how thin and sexy it is, or even if it has a kind of metalic looking back. So...I'm going to officially say...that video could very possibly be the Prime. It doesn't look as sexy and as awesome as the artist rendering because the artist rendering was made, mostly, using high quality/high resolution stock images directly from Samsung. A real world photo isn't going to look as sleek and as flawless as an artist rendering. That phone in the video might be totally sexy, we just can't tell because they only let us see the screen. If we're honest, the screen and the front look just like a Galaxy SII without buttons. That's pretty simple and sexy, to be completely honest. We just can't tell because the video isn't high quality and we didn't get to see anything but the front.

Reactions: Namrak and BLD
Upvote 0
found the render with the screenshot of ics on it.

1Kk75.jpg

:cool:

Upvote 0
...Then there's the ICS tour video, where the phone appears to HAVE at least a metal band around the sides:

Nexus Prime first video - Gadget.ro - YouTube

@NashDroid: For the record, I think you did a great job fixing the upside-down image. It had bugged me for a long time, and now it looks a lot better. Thanks :)

There is definitely a shine around the edges of the phone in the video. Whether it is metal or simply just a shimmer from buffed plastic is the question. Merging the view in the video and the Samsung teaser video edge view I gotta say it's probably buffed plastic since the teaser video doesn't look metal to me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones