• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys you know what?

you can be very proud of me!

wanna know why? i tell you if this comment gets 50 thanks... lol

[seriously its something you wouldn't expect from me :D]

no just kidding, i'm not as fame-hungry as those 2 on twitter are...

i just went to a T-Mobile Store yesterday and played with some smartphones...

wow i'm really impressed by some of them...

which i liked a lot:

HTC Sensation [strange, the version T-Mobile showed had really nice viewing angles, while everyone says they're bad ?], LG Optimus 3D [WOOOT i like the 3D :D], Samsung Galaxy S2 [BUT, it feels weird to touch it's AMOLED display...]

long story, short conclusion:

i was really impressed by the LG Optimus 3D though it only has an OMAP 4430, so i guess the OMAP 4460 will be pretty good, too... (still i don't know if the NP is a device I can keep for 2 years...)

Ps: no microSD-Slot upsets me! [ i don't have unlimited traffic/whatever, so i can't use cloud-services instead ~.~ ]

edit: and GSM-LTE for germany is something i'm hoping for, too... cause as already mentioned i want to keep the NP for 2 years... ;)

edit2: no thanks for my insight yet? :p

Upvote 0
Good morning Gnexers!

I really don't CARE that Moto is trying to snipe customers away from Goog/Sung by announcing their phone at the same time. All I want to be assured of is that the Gnex, AS IS, will be released on Verizon.

I would absolutely HATE to pay an unsubsidized price for this phone, but: when do we think Verizon will EVER allow this to happen again? This could be the best phone that Verizon may release for a long, long time. Maybe EVER :eek:

Upvote 0
This is supposed to be a video of the SGS2 HD lte
GalaxyS2 HD LTE Design and Speed - YouTube
If so it's a good indication of how the GalaNexus' screen will look....

The Nexus and this phone use the same screen and similar processors right? (I'm no processor expert and I don't want to start another exynos vs omap cataclysm like we already had, but don't they?)

Well, in any case, the screen looks essentially the same as the original Galaxy S2, (at least on camera) which is good. It's also blazing fast, and that's with TouchWiz, so I can only imagine how responsive a vanilla phone will be with those specs :)

Upvote 0
I know this was asked many pages ago (hey, I'm still catching up!), but I never saw much of an answer. In DC, we have great LTE coverage and in fact I usually get 2-3 bars of 4G (on my Bionic) in the basement of our restaurant :eek: So, I'd saw it is a bit better/stronger than WiMax.
Obviously, your mileage will vary.

I was hoping this was ture as I didn't know anyone that had LTE yet here so thanks!

Upvote 0
Nice to see that the screen chatter is still going on. Means I didn't miss anything while I was asleep. From my experience, its impossible to guess how a screen is going to look, kinda like guessing how a CPU will perform, you just have to see it for yourself and make a judgment them. Screens are too subjective to take someone else's opinion.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
i've been following this thread since page ~60 and i have to thank everyone for the constant flow of information and opinions that have lead me to believe this will be my next phone, as my dinc has seen its better days. just thought i would post up that i found another couple of photos on picasa possibly from the gnex that i havent seen posted here yet, so sorry if these have already been shown.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eI7-aoanpI49UtUmmrxEOQ?full-exif=true
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/NaSLAJ6xiArUNzo0Plr7jQ?full-exif=true

Upvote 0
i've been following this thread since page ~60 and i have to thank everyone for the constant flow of information and opinions that have lead me to believe this will be my next phone, as my dinc has seen its better days. just thought i would post up that i found another couple of photos on picasa possibly from the gnex that i havent seen posted here yet, so sorry if these have already been shown.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eI7-aoanpI49UtUmmrxEOQ?full-exif=true
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/NaSLAJ6xiArUNzo0Plr7jQ?full-exif=true

Hey whoa, those don't look half bad. Definitely not as grainy as the previous ones.
Like we've all been warning though, EXIF data is easily modified, so who knows what camera really took these pictures.

Upvote 0
Good morning Gnexers!

I really don't CARE that Moto is trying to snipe customers away from Goog/Sung by announcing their phone at the same time. All I want to be assured of is that the Gnex, AS IS, will be released on Verizon.

I would absolutely HATE to pay an unsubsidized price for this phone, but: when do we think Verizon will EVER allow this to happen again? This could be the best phone that Verizon may release for a long, long time. Maybe EVER :eek:

I don't get how people think Moto is trying to steal anyone's thunder. Motorola announced their event back on Monday before we had an official ICS/Nexus date and I'm sure Moto has had that date for a long time. If anything Moto is probably upset since they were expecting to have a 10/18 announcement to themselves since ICS/Nexus was originally planned to be shown a week earlier before it was canceled. Now they have to share the date.

Motorola and Verizon Tease

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
I don't get how people think Moto is trying to steal anyone's thunder. Motorola announced their event back on Monday before we had an official ICS/Nexus date and I'm sure Moto has had that date for a long time. If anything Moto is probably upset since they were expecting to have a 10/18 announcement to themselves since ICS/Nexus was originally planned to be shown a week earlier before it was canceled. Now they have to share the date.

I'll buy that, Snrub. Thanks for the clarification. Still, I want the friggin' GNEX!

Upvote 0
Hey whoa, those don't look half bad. Definitely not as grainy as the previous ones.
Like we've all been warning though, EXIF data is easily modified, so who knows what camera really took these pictures.

yea, if these did in fact come from the Gnex, then IMO the first one isnt bad at all, but the second leaves much to be desired. I have a 3 month old son, so camera performance will play a role in deciding what phone I purchase next, so I hope that it not only takes good photos, but does it quickly LOL

Upvote 0

Motorola and Verizon Tease

Upvote 0
Just curious, how would always-present software buttons be worse than any other phone you're thinking of buying?

Because when a device touts a 4.5, 4.7...5" screen. I want to be able to use what they are offering. I see no point in having software keys on a bigger screen if I can't use the entire screen, always. Seriously, whats the point of advertising a 4.65" screen if you can only use it for one or two things?

It would be like saying here we have a 55" TV. Oh but you only get to use 45" of it.

Here is a gallon of milk but you can only use 1 liter of it.

Sony PSP VITA 5" screen but it has a 1" letter box...

I dont know about you but I find it really pointless to have a nice big screen and most the time its unusable.

For me. The next phone I"ll be getting will be a 4.5" or up. And as of now it doesnt look like my wish will be coming true, any time soon.

I wanted to play dumb and hope it would do what I wanted, but after following this thread. Having everyone's speculations, concerns, positives and negatives build me up and down. I got tired of it and decided to stop playing dumb and get a bit more real. If it doesnt cater to my needs of more useable real-estate, why waste my time reading pages of this phone...

Its a big deal. Bigger than people complaining about how they have to unload flac and 900000 pictures.

Reactions: rushmore
Upvote 0
Because when a device touts a 4.5, 4.7...5" screen. I want to be able to use what they are offering. I see no point in having software keys on a bigger screen if I can't use the entire screen, always. Seriously, whats the point of advertising a 4.65" screen if you can only use it for one or two things?

It would be like saying here we have a 55" TV. Oh but you only get to use 45" of it.

Here is a gallon of milk but you can only use 1 liter of it.

Sony PSP VITA 5" screen but it has a 1" letter box...

I dont know about you but I find it really pointless to have a nice big screen and most the time its unusable.

For me. The next phone I"ll be getting will be a 4.5" or up. And as of now it doesnt look like my wish will be coming true, any time soon.

Hey, just because we don't know if the softkeys will disappear or not doesn't mean you have to assume the worst. I say you wait until Tuesday, and if the .2" is really a big deal for you, go ahead and wait for another phone.

Upvote 0
Hey, just because we don't know if the softkeys will disappear or not doesn't mean you have to assume the worst. I say you wait until Tuesday, and if the .2" is really a big deal for you, go ahead and wait for another phone.

You always have to assume the worst. Take a look through this thread. Everyone was all excited and now oh only 32gb...its a let down. If you're less positive and more negative when the let-down comes...there's nothing to be let down by. :)

Upvote 0
Psh.... speak for yourself. i have sooo many other things i could be doing tonight. really cool things too. i just choose to constantly smash my F5 key on the nexus prime thread..... i always had a feeling this is what family life would be like...

I'm still playing catch up from last night, but I howled out loud when I read this post!

"HOL"?, That'll never catch on, but I like it. :cool:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones