Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

How do you even find that?

2. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

That's exactly my problem with Apple. Honestly I think they make some very good products but they business practices are horrible. Even most of what they claim to be there's is really just a copy or improvement of something someone else did before them. Then they have the gaul to get a patent for it and try to sue the competition away rather than compete.

That people are basically sheep and mostly do and buy what they are told these days is a social problem that extends way beyond the iPhone and a discussion for another time.

Oh and were you kidding about banning him or trolling an iPhone forum? :p
    nbajam and UBRocked like this.
  3. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

Oops i misinterpreted what you meant lol my bad. yes that was what i was referring to the LTE outage.
  4. gilgehmesh

gilgehmesh Well-Known Member

You click on the post number next to the title of the thread.
    nj02vette likes this.
  5. Grandmadroid

Grandmadroid Well-Known Member

Let's hear a shout out to all of us OLD farts that, yes, took a few minutes to get used to it and yes, lived on the incredible forum to learn wondrous things....but would not, never, nada switch to the iPhone.
    4lph4num3r1c, BlueBiker and EarlyMon like this.
  6. Hey everyone! I have been following this thread for a while now and I have pretty much read almost everything so far and I have really enjoyed it. I was going to post a link that I think you guys would find really interesting about someone claiming to have used the Galasaurus Nex, but since I am a newbie here I can't. :(. Sorry for such a lame post guys.

Edit- http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-prime/126769-galaxy-nexus-hand-time.html

Edit 2- Looks like I can post things!!
    rpretzel, mrmax86, SPLover and 16 others like this.
  7. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Well-Known Member

This thread is officially a ghost town. I know it will be insane in here come Monday (if there is a last minute leak) or definitely Tuesday evening. However, until then...

Steven, if you're watching, could you try to get us a little tidbit from our source. Maybe they can divulge a little more info since we're almost to the announcement? I feel like if we don't get some more scraps, this thread is going to die. I hate for it to be like the Incredible thread was, and it just kinda died after the phone was launched, compared to what it was pre-launch. We need to kinda transition over from pre-launch to post launch or the hits on the site and the views in this sub-forum are going to drop dramatically come Tuesday or Wednesday. Just sayin'.
    nexusprimepls likes this.
  8. gilgehmesh

Welcome to the thread and I'll post your link for you:

UBRocked, pcj and EarlyMon like this.
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

PS - if ICS goes fully open source as many of us believe, I don't see how Google could stop anyone from customizing it.
  10. nj02vette

gilgehmesh likes this.
  11. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

I would agree to this that the reason she was more comfortable with the iPhone had more to do with the Blackberry OS she was coming from than the iPhone itself being more intuitive. I mean she had become comfortable using the Blackberry and that is one of the most unintiutive phone OSes ever in my opinion.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  12. bldgengineer

bldgengineer Well-Known Member

Ugh. Sorry man but its like I'd be driving around in the pesto-mobile...

You ever make it to the OC MD shows?
  13. Slow Eddie

Slow Eddie Active Member

My wife has an Iphone 3GS, and I have the OG droid. Her phone is still kicking ass, and mine is on its last leg. Random reboots, freezes, etc. Sure I could reinstall the OS and that would probably solve my problems for now (I've done this twice in two years). Also keep in mind her Iphone is 6 months older than my Droid.

Apple's OS software is buttery smooth, there is no denying that. I'm hoping with ICS the Android phones will finally "catch up" to the Iphone 4S. Bottom line for me is I live in a 4G market and I want a 4G phone. Apple does not have that as of this moment, save HSPA+ which despite what the fanboys tell you is NOT 4G.

My issue with Apple is not their phones, its with their customers. Iphone users are more blind and ignorant to anything but Apple products more so than any other customer base on the planet.

Also, I was playing with my sis-in-laws Iphone 4S on sprint, and the best I could get was 40 kilobytes a second download. Ouch! SIRI would not work since it requires a network connection. And you know why she switched from ATT? Because Sprint offers unlimited data. LOL the irony. When I asked how much bandwidth she used every month to warrant switching carriers for unlimited, she didn't know. And THAT is a typical Iphone customer folks!

AJnATL likes this.
  14. nj02vette

Don't be sorry, I don't drive it either. That's why I have my own. :D

We've made it to OC, MD once for the shows. Pretty nice event.
  15. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

He just posted that the bottom bezel of the phone is touch sensative to bring up the software buttons when in an app:eek:
    rpretzel, mrmax86, r4yN and 4 others like this.
  16. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Well-Known Member

Alright guys, got some news...

That guy Justin who apparently held and played with the Galaxy Nexus, said that to make the software buttons appear and disappear, the bottom area of the phone (bezel) is touch sensitive. Take it for what it's worth, but that's what he said.

galaxy nexus hand time - Page 3 - Android Forums
    EarlyMon likes this.
  17. gremsi26

gremsi26 Member

He also said this about the build quality of the phone:
    "The outside is plastic but it feels nothing like a Samsung phone. My Google employee friend said there is metal inside for support and good feeling"
  18. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

Packed to the rafters and sold out,But I got in to the Avengers forum....That movie is gonna be awsome!
  19. bldgengineer

bldgengineer Well-Known Member

My girlfriend loves the shows but they're like being teased to me lol. Can't afford a vette right with what I'm doing to the house but maybe one day...I'd settle for an 02 camaro ss with a forged lsx transplant lol! Oh well..I am working on an 85 c10 that I'm currently building a halfway decent vortec 383 to put in it.
  20. Trent Reznor

"Feels great and HQ in hand, about same curve as nexus s and the screen is so vivid, like nothing you've seen before"

"Yes an LED next to the speaker grille"
    RichSz and EarlyMon like this.
  21. jasaero

jasaero Well-Known Member

Apparently Chi Town less fellers that do terrible things to women I might have guessed based on that post that put him there!
  22. gilgehmesh

Touch sensitive bezel... hmm... cool!
  23. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Did he also say that the space is reclaimed for the app, or just that the buttons become invisible? We've heard reports of the latter before.
    rushmore and EarlyMon like this.
  24. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Yess!! New scraps, I'm freaking out way to much for my own good.
    I never knew I could feel such pure joy just from seeing a single link :D
  25. Trent Reznor

From other forum:

Removable battery
    Buttons turn in landscape mode like Dinc2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.