***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

I suspect everyone doesn't feel that way about this piece of ICS. I actually have the exact opposite opinion. Eliminating capacitive or physical buttons may be the worst feature in ICS. I do NOT want a portion of my 4 or 4.5" screen taken up by virtual buttons. I like them on tablets, I think they will be an issue on phones and get in the way. We will see, I suppose..

Advertisement
    kcs7272 likes this.
  2. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

I would wait untiil the beginning of the the year then. There will be better phones with a proving ICS OS.

For me; I was waiting on the SGSII and now I will jump on the next Samsung whatever that is close to the SGSII.
  3. vandyman

I agree, the more screen the better. I guess the only reason for the soft buttons is because of the size factor. A phone is a phone, not a tablet.:rolleyes:
  4. CellRaven

CellRaven Well-Known Member

well the whole thing is that the buttons would hide out during video, browsing, games and what not. .this would help. .at the same time, IF this phone comes with no buttons at the bottom, I think it's more to keep the phone smaller, rather than make bigger device. . .If you ask me even 4.5 or 4.6 is too big for a phone. . these are mini tablets now
    Sandroidfan likes this.
  5. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

True, that is possible, but I'd be shocked if ICS doesn't include the ability to hide the buttons or at least do away with them when you're on the web or watching a movie, etc.
  6. vandyman

just to quote myself.

There is going to be a time when I will buy a $10 phone just for making calls and I will buy a small tablet for other uses, such as the Samsung Note.:D
  7. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

ATTENTION!!!! I do want a Nexus device. THAT IS ALL....End transmission. :mad:
  8. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Updated OP with rumored new picture. Thanks Cell Raven! :D
  9. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for prime mainly because of its excellent hardware but ICS will be great bonus to it.

As for software button thing, after using my eee pad tablet for a month, I found how convenient the software buttons are. It rotates with your device to the bottom of view and disappears when playing video on max screen. And there are power+volume buttons for unlock, reboot, shut down. So I have no problem with ICS device having only software buttons on bottom.
  10. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

I have thought of that. However, if this is the case then we would then need at least 2 taps to do what you can do with 1 now (tap to show, tap again for "back" for example). In most cases this makes things more cumbersome, and unnecessarily so IMO. I don't see any particular problem they are solving by doing this. The buttons are great now IMO. I see no real benefit, and do see several potential usability concerns. Of course, the exact method of implementation is key here, so I will wait to see exactly how much it detracts from use and screen real estate before judging, but I can say with some confidence now that this is not a "benefit" I will be looking forward to, and at best might be a push if done really really well somehow.
  11. CellRaven

12. CellRaven

yeah I've thought of the extra tap which would have to be done before going back, but on video I wouldn't mind it, nor on games, or web. . but in other apps it might bother. .I don't really know but it could be gold, or the opposite, ,can't wait to find out for sure.
  13. Thejungle

Thejungle Well-Known Member

This is just clean place. :) You can draw a patato here, for example :)
    (deleted some stupid comment ;)
  14. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Dude, this made me LOL literally.

No, Steven congratulated you for being the 1000th post on this thread. Look at the number in the upper right hand corner of your post. For example this post I'm typing up right now is #1014.

Nobody is out to get you, Jungle!

:D
    johnny#5 likes this.
  15. Thejungle

Youp, I got it, when I've written it again and again and saw #1000 above ;-). It's ok, i've deleted it.
    johnny#5 likes this.
  16. Thejungle

Ok, I like you all, I must say you make me really enjoyed. Now, As I won a free Nexus Prime, I have a little puzzle for you.

1. Have you noticed I'm not living in US? (Maybe my bad english, or maybe is it quite comprehensible?)

2. When you get some idea about that, I can tell you what hour I've got on my clock now (And you will laugh) :D
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

johnny#5 likes this.
  18. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Tell us Jungle, tell us! What hour is on your clock!!

I personally think you work at Samsung HQ and are Korean. ??
    johnny#5 likes this.
  19. Thejungle

I am serious now. >| And this is not funny! :p

I'm not Korean. Tell me how is my english, cause I don't beliece you didn't notice my language is buggy
  20. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I would say your English is probably a 7/10. But then again, so is Cereal Killer's. So that doesn't tell me much.
    johnny#5 likes this.
  21. Thejungle

I'm from Poland. Funniest thing is that I have 10 PM now. When you're all sleeping nicely I have dinner. When I get up early, you have a late evening. I'm laughing sometimes about it.
  22. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

***Banging my head on the wall***

Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt.

I can't believe how many people are drooling over this phone. I am so disappointed in my TB, I just don't see how I could pay for another HTC device. Released on March 17 and still no OTA Gingerbread. 3 battery pulls a day. Shouldn't we expect better? Shouldn't HTC give some assurance Vigor/TB2 will be a better experience than TB. Frankly, all I see is disappointments with new devices these days. Honestly, what device in the last 18 months has not been a disappointment? I could be setting the bar too high, but it's not like they're giving these phones away.

For those who are willing to buy Vigor/TB2, how are you able to overlook the fail that is the Thunderbolt?
  23. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I don't want the mental image of me sleeping and you staring at my posts! Yuck!

If you're going to stare at someone's posts while they're sleeping, I suggest Sandroidfan's.
    johnny#5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.