• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
Nothing Verizon has out right now is that great, but IMO the Charge is the closest. If they had dropped in a dual core processor, 1GB of RAM, and sizable internal memory (even just 8gb), it would have been a great release back in May, and certainly a 2 year phone. The display is amazing. The size is fine (even though it's not super thin). Even the battery life is good for the hardware. The only thing that was crap was the software, of course, and that holds a lot of these phones back.
Agreed. I think even now the Charge is an excellent device (even better w/decent launcher), and I just don't understand the antipathy towards Prime turning out to be some sort of Charge 2. An updated Charge w/1GB RAM, Exynos or 4460/4470, HD screen, and ICS would make me plenty happy.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I think even now the Charge is an excellent device (even better w/decent launcher), and I just don't understand the antipathy towards Prime turning out to be some sort of Charge 2. An updated Charge w/1GB RAM, Exynos or 4460/4470, HD screen, and ICS would make me plenty happy.

I can only speak for myself, but whenever I hear "Charge 2" I think of a bumped up dual core and Gingerbread. If that's the case, I would be a bit disappointed.

If they call it Charge 2 but include 1GB RAM, Exynos or 4460 OMAP, HD, ICS, with no capacitive buttons, that's close enough to a pure Nexus for me, Touchwiz or no Touchwiz. They can call it whatever they want.

Reactions: joebone
Upvote 0
Just a general question as I read the report of the Galaxy Note being available for the UK in November.

Why does the U.S. get shafted on Samsung releases? I mean, I don't in any way think that the U.S. should be first, but why is it always last?

From the Galaxy Note article:

But readers outside the U.K don’t get upset because you too will be getting the device at the same time approximately, excluding the US.
Not just the Note, but the Celox, the SGSII with LTE, etc. And I'm betting the U.S. won't see SGS3 at the same time as anyone else.

I just don't get it. And we can't blame this on Verizon, because SGSII is just now getting to the other three major carriers, a long time after its initial release overseas.

What gives?

Upvote 0
I can only speak for myself, but whenever I hear "Charge 2" I think of a bumped up dual core and Gingerbread. If that's the case, I would be a bit disappointed.
Fair enough.
If they call it Charge 2 but include 1GB RAM, Exynos or 4460 OMAP, HD, ICS, with no capacitive buttons, that's close enough to a pure Nexus for me, Touchwiz or no Touchwiz. They can call it whatever they want.
Definitely. And, um, it goes w/o saying that they have to get rid of their bizarre proprietary MolassesFS(tm) filesystem.

Upvote 0
Looks like Moto is finally ditching the Pentile display.

This is promising, given that Moto (in my opinion) is a good manufacturer except for screens. Hopefully Droid HD has non-Pentile as well, if the Prime craps out.

Well that's good. Now they just need to stop locking their dang bootloaders and maybe I will find myself owning another Motorola.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have been with Verizon since my boat docked at Plymouth Rock.....can't beat the coverage....not the happiest with every price plan I've encountered over the years....was first in line at my local Big Red on release day of the Incredible (which I still have and have been very happy with....).....but now, alas,....I must confess,.....I actually spent time today on OTHER carrier's sites......the phones, the plans, the phones, the promise of new phones,......Oh, Verizon, Verizon......why do you treat us this way????? COUGH UP SOME #*&%$*#&% FACTS ....so we can sleep tonight!!!!!

Upvote 0
What has me worried is the lack of blurry pics or anything definite. No FCC docs, nothing. I still have a bad feeling that this is all going to blow up in our faces, like SGS2.

I can imagine Google holding a conference on the Nexus and announcing it for 3 out of 4 carriers.

Edit: Sorry for being so pessimistic, guys. I just need something definite. My sister's hearsay is not nearly enough.

Upvote 0
CK, this sounds suspiciously similar to the stratosphere. That was said to be single core on a rumor, but we don't know that definitely, right? What if the stratosphere is "the one with keyboard" and actually ends up being the Charge 2?

That just doesn't flow with the traditional "part 2" of any phone from the past. Usually the 2 phone is just a specs upgrade.

Upvote 0
CK, this sounds suspiciously similar to the stratosphere. That was said to be single core on a rumor, but we don't know that definitely, right? What if the stratosphere is "the one with keyboard" and actually ends up being the Charge 2?

You bring up some EXCELLENT points Kyler and I can't say you are off base. I think your comments have a lot of merit.

Upvote 0
Its a shame that Verizon customers have to wait for a good cell phone that will last for a couple of years. I Blame Verizon for making me come here every day with the hope of something that will suit me.Instead I am here just like everyone else ranting and raving.

The only phone that Verizon has to offer is the Moto Bipolar phone and they can not even get that right.

Somebody please help me..:mad::(:eek::D:thinking:

Upvote 0
What has me worried is the lack of blurry pics or anything definite. No FCC docs, nothing. I still have a bad feeling that this is all going to blow up in our faces, like SGS2.

I can imagine Google holding a conference on the Nexus and announcing it for 3 out of 4 carriers.

Edit: Sorry for being so pessimistic, guys. I just need something definite. My sister's hearsay is not nearly enough.

Wait.. .I don't think you should be venting on us. I think you should be venting on and nagging your sister!! :p (You must admit, I have a point, here.)

Its a shame that Verizon customers have to wait for a good cell phone that will last for a couple of years. I Blame Verizon for making me come here every day with the hope of something that will suit me.Instead I am here just like everyone else ranting and raving.

The only phone that Verizon has to offer is the Moto Bipolar phone and they can not even get that right.

Somebody please help me..:mad::(:eek::D:thinking:

I believe I think with a clear head. I don't believe Verizon is so far behind the times on smartphones, anymore. When I complained to them about their lack of smartphones, in the Windows Mobile days, they explained that they were sinking their money into building the network, which is why it is the best network in the US now.

Now they have competitive phones. Win-win. I tell you what. If October and November comes and goes and we don't see anything special, I give you folks permission to rant here and I won't say anything. :p (the other mods may. ;))

Reactions: alprazolam
Upvote 0
All these twitter people don't really seem to say anything we don't know already or are not very obvious predictions. I feel like I could make an account and give just as much info as these people... and I have no insider info at all....

The people in question have a history of this kind of thing, a well as track record, fwiw .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones