1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasaero

jasaero Well-Known Member

The RAZR matches everything here except ICS/Buzz and 4.65" display, but has similar display and MASSIVELY more sxy build/material quality and will get ICS in a few months if you aren't too impatient in that respect as GB is pretty good already. I want the nexus, but I would be more likely to buy a casio than a Rolex also as that material/build aspect doesn't do much for me if the cheaper is just as durable for the length I intent to keep the product.

BTW, RAZR is $299 with 32gb of total memory and a 32gb SD will get you to 48gb since 16gb is internal.
    cereal killer likes this.
  2. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Anything that gives more control and power to consumers is a GOOD thing. Anyone white-knighting for a corporation is on the wrong side.

Again, I still half agree with him regarding e-mails. I don't think that's the appropriate channel. Social media? Heck yeah.
    dmiller2007 likes this.
  3. Travillion

Travillion Well-Known Member

Han, your grass-roots movement worked! Thanks, man!

Now, I'm guessing VZW saw how upset they were making us, so they released the statement, but to help prevent the cannabilization of RAZR sales that they were trying to prevent by not announcing G-Nex in the first place, they have neglected to provide a date for us and even made it sound like a long-ways away ("before years' end"....). Now, all the faint of heart can run out and throw their money at the RAZR, and those of us who know the G-Nex is just around the corner can patiently bide our time.
  4. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

Not so. The RAZR is OMAP 4430 and the Nexus is OMAP 4460.

Edit: Don't forget the locked bootloader. Unless Moto's been working on ICS for a while, the RAZR will not see ICS till spring '12 (IMO). Seems like they've added even more "bloat" to GB. Anyone who's looked at Moto's Blur builds can easily see the massive amount of modification they've done.
    bouchigo and Sandroidfan like this.
  5. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

RAZR is a 4430, not 4460. They're clocked the same, but that means it'll likely require more battery and generate more heat.

Also, the battery is not removable, which is a big turn off for many.

However, I'm still disappointed that the SGN doesn't have a MicroSD like the RAZR. I'll be even more disappointed if the $299 price point is for the 16GB version.
    bouchigo likes this.
  6. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Same here. I'll pay full price and save my upgrade for the next latest and greatest.

7. nbajam

nbajam Well-Known Member

I would say it's almost a certainty that this thing is released by Black Friday. That'll be the last chance they have to do it.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

TI's web says the 4430 maxes out at 1 GHz - I'm still confused by the RAZR specs.

Ditto x2.
  9. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Sure, passive tense, blame it on the pants. :rolleyes:

No, I wanted to discuss post hoc ergo propter hoc but nobody would play along. :(
    EarlyMon likes this.
  10. cabraswell

cabraswell Well-Known Member

I think at this point we can assume it's not going to have a microSD slot.
  11. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

similar display? HD compared to not HD?

Not to mention the google support that will last much longer than the RAZR's. Potentially not being able to unlock the bootloader and use custom roms (absolute deal breaker for me, but thats just me). and how much is that 32 GB SD card that most people wouldn't already have? it seems you're including that in the $299 price point.
  12. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

Nevermind :)
  13. dmiller2007

isn't the 4430 according to Motorola's website? Rob may have 4460 because thats what they initially said then changed it to 4430.

Edit:
    And the link http://developer.motorola.com/products/droid-razr-xt912/
  14. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Noooo. Not allowed. I will be on a cruise an outside of the Us from the 13th-20th. This is absolutely not allowed to happen without me. :p I'll be on Verizon on the crazy-expensive cruise wifi ordering my phone to be helicoptered out to me. :D Where of course I can't use it without paying International rates. So yeah. 11/3, 11/10, cool. Otherwise, you alll gotta wait with me! ;)
  15. huskerkate

huskerkate Well-Known Member

16. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

I'm not at all happy with those prices if it turns out you are right.

If you are right I may just skip this phone even though I do really want it.
  17. cabraswell

cabraswell Well-Known Member

+1

I wasn't worried that it wouldn't come to Verizon but at least we know now that we'll see it by the end of the year.
  18. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

Razr is 16+16 and supposed to be $299 so who knows.
    Sandroidfan likes this.
  19. Trent Reznor

Yup... just found that... please disregard my original post:D
  20. jasaero

Other than dual core you also have hardware gpu accelerated UI stuff(active even in apps not coded to us gpu) which should be more efficient in the end than doing everything with software through the CPU. You then have the app specific data control you can use.

Agree on HD screen though. I always point this out as a disadvantage of Pentile, even if the display itself uses less power you need to push more pixels to get similar perceived resolution and I argue usually that the trade off would be a net nothing in power use possibly. With RGBG you don't even get power savings though and the smaller pixels might need more power to get to the same overall display brightness the way I understand it so you might get a double power draw increase.
    Montana Man likes this.
  21. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

22. dmiller2007

Besides.....the RAZR doesn't even have a barometer.... psh.... how Gingerbread-ish of them.
    Mannequins likes this.
  23. Trent Reznor

24. jasaero

I doubt they will benchmark much different. Only thing I figure that might be different is GPU and the Nexus has more pixels for it to push. So figure it's still a draw regardless of model number.
  25. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

Thanks, you saved me the trouble of responding with a similar response :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.