***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Can you link to his review showing off the terrific viewing angles? :)

Advertisement
  2. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

by the time razr gets ics 4.0.1 or whatever it ships with, nexus will likely already be on 4.0.2 or 3
  3. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, they don't broadcast 1080p yet due to bandwidth constraints. However, if you have ethernet or wireless hooked up, you can get VOD @1080p, but it's horribly compressed, moreso than their normal channels.

I mean, err, make a mistake like that again and I WILL hump your leg.
    jmar likes this.
  4. gapi

gapi VIP Member VIP Member

I guess if you want to hound CK you will have to go to the RAZR forum. I peeked over HanSolo's shoulder at him over there.

I would have never guessed he would be swayed by cosmetics over specs.

I cannot get over the non-replaceable battery and to me the RAZR is not pretty.

Personally, I just want to see all screen when looking at a phone.
  5. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

could just go to his account, but for the youtube challened, here it is :D its mostly just the first ~45sec, and although it doesnt seem intentional, i think it shows them pretty well

Galaxy Nexus hands-on.mp4 - YouTube
  6. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member

Am I the only person on Earth that thinks the Razr is the most lackluster phone announced in a long time?

Its a Bionic in a smaller case. NFC? Nope. HD screen? Nope. Stock Android? Nope. Fastboot oem unlock? nope.
  7. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

I've seen them too, and I click on them every time :D

Also this may be a bit slow of me, but I just figured out why Galaxy Nexus doesn't roll of the tongue at all. There's too many x's in the name :p
    Seriously, words with x's in them are hard to say in quick succession!
  8. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure about the resolution being able to be scaled back or not, but I know that my tv shows HD channels @ 720, but blu ray and dvd @1080. So I think that HD is broadcast in 720 to save bandwidth or along those lines, even though the tv has the capability of the higher resolution.

I also seriously doubt the human eye can differentiate between 720/1080 on a 4.65 inch screen. I hope it is an option though, because I am fine with the way 720 shows up on my screen unless I am watching a Hollywood Blockbuster, and I doubt I'll be making any of those with my SGN :)
  9. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

jmar, AJnATL and zx10droid like this.
  10. mangopositive

mangopositive Active Member

That is a huge consideration, but my theory would be that by December, Motorola will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Google.
  11. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I am lucky enough to have a boss that understands when I get a new phone almost no work gets done for at least 2 days. So I don't need a day off for it.

And razr will have motorola and verizon bloat added. Same as the vigor. I've never kept a vanilla rom on my phone for long but I'm thinking ICS is going to be my foray into vanilla territory

I love the ads popping up! My panties do a little twist and shout each one I see. :D

Please don't hang me for this question ..... What's the Nexus stand for?
  12. gapi

I hope that was with the GN. The absence of motion distortion looked nice as he panned.
  13. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Well-Known Member

That's a much better answer than I had, lol.
  14. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does his phone have the old (solid) softkeys instead of the new (outline) ones?
  15. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

But nature I'm a pessimistic person, I hope this work's out for everybody would be a nice change with all the crap that is going on around world. Not that I'm saying this will save world.
  16. jasaero

jasaero Well-Known Member

That's true. He mentioned other brands though also and a gun ends up being a lot of metal even if there is a lotta plastic to lighten it. Should go find the post. The RAZR has carbon/kevlar also. It really is a much more premium built phone. Not sure it's fair to say it's built BETTER without messing with both, but definitely more premium materials.
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I always thought it was their "Star Trek" answer to the Droid's "Star Wars" theme. . .could be wrong though.

[​IMG]
    BabyBlues likes this.
  18. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

congratulations!!!!!!
    The_Chief likes this.
  19. gapi

I would expect Moto to have a strong build excluding the OG battery door and some of the sliders going sloppy lose.
  20. Kaddoble

Kaddoble Well-Known Member

I would love to hang you from those panties, but I won't.... to the guillotine instead for you young sir.

No, seriously, it stands for an android experience as Google intended it (without skins or bloat) and quick updates to future versions of the OS (Jellybean--->Kit Kat--->Lemon squares, etc).
  21. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I am not a sir. :)

But thanks for the explanation.
  22. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

Interesting... looking at that back of the phone in the other picture it has more of a "wood grain" look vs the textured look on the Gnex press release photos.

I like it... really hope thats the look of the VZW version.
  23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

It's true that DirecTV will provide 1080p thru VOD via the internet. It's also true that they broadcast a limited set of PPV at 1080p via the satellite downlink - I watch them sometimes. Sometimes they're ok, sometimes they skip frames - but that's a matter for a different forum.

The ATSC standard allows for 1080p broadcast (OTA), but I suspect that the reason they don't is more a matter of economics, from program supply thru transmitter upgrades thru consumer demand.

Checking... yep, my leg's pretty safe here. ;)
    jmar likes this.
  24. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

If you live in a world where "young sir"s can be hanged by their panties, I'm worried.

Personally I don't like it. I love the hyperskin look, and the Windsock's nexus looks bloated. The three connector dots are way down against the edge, whereas the one unveiled in HK has them straight smack in the middle.
    jmar likes this.
  25. gapi

OK! When girls come in here talking about their panties, I'm sold on what ever phone it has to do with. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.