1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

That's what happens when Han Solo isn't around. Must be celebrating the Bears win.
  2. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Well-Known Member

It's not, its the stratosphere... It says so right in the title and article.

Phone on the left in the pic would be the galaxy nexus. Sim slot just to the right of the Camera

Attached Files:

3. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member

Looks like the iPhone needs to lose a few ounces :p
  4. gapi

gapi VIP Member VIP Member

I suspect it was just camera shake. Auto focus is basically a range finder and he had the range set on the 1st shot and was just snapping them off one handed. I would not hold too much stock in that demo.
  5. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

I appear to be in the minority... but if we get the 32gb version on VZW I really don't care if it has a microSD slot.
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

did you all see the youtube I put up in that post?
    I edited it in.
    kcs7272 likes this.
  7. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

And this pic basically confirms the camera is staying in the middle.

[​IMG]
  8. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

Me either so now there's two of us.
  9. Trent Reznor

Needs to work on sticking the landing.
  10. Trent Reznor

However.... if its the 16gb version my position changes.
  11. gapi

Me Too,
    They go all out to make a thin phone and we slap a huge case on. I will try a Steinhil Ultra Crystal if they make one only because sometimes I'll forget I have keys in the wrong pocket.
  12. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Haha, I don't mind the lack of a microSD slot either. I'm guessing the majority don't care, haha, I think most things like this just have very vocal minorities :p
  13. darkestred

darkestred Well-Known Member

Don't care either. No issues connecting to PC to manipulate files.
  14. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

Yea. I could live with it I guess but I know I'm eventually going to be unhappy about it when it's full.
  15. Trent Reznor

I have 24gb of storage on my Dinc and I very rarely fill it up. An extra 8gb of that would suit me fine (could fit a few more movies).
  16. cavefishes

cavefishes Active Member

My favorite casing solution for mobile devices is offered by WaterField here. They're dirt cheap (usually less than $15 shipped), extra soft so your device doesn't get scratched, they don't get stuck in your pocket, and they add almost no bulk. If you're someone who likes a naked device, then you're doing yourself a disservice not getting one of those. I've had one for my Zune HD for about two years and it's held up great.
    I'd give them two or three weeks or so after the GNex comes out to release the correct size.

Edit: They look much better in person than they do on the site. The actual product is more of a deep black than a dark gray.
  17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Betting it has a player or embedded tag in the link - that borks forum formatting.
  18. gapi

Looks like someone has one with advanced brain powers eh?
  19. nj02vette

I'm one of those vocal minorities that doesn't like the fact that there is no SD card slot. I hate it.

Even though I've not once removed the 16GB SD card from my DX. So, I'm somewhat of a hypocrite. I want that ability, even though I've never used it.

Still, I feel somewhat ingenuous for calling out Apple fanboys who accept that feature, and yet here I am willing to do the same. I at least comfort myself by knowing I can use an adapter and extend memory using the USB/MHL connector.
  20. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Well if it DOES have a slot it's gonna get stuffed with a 64GB card. HD video recording will eat up memory, methinks.
  21. gapi

No, your not, I have never came close to loading my 16GBin my OG. I'll never remove the cover. I hope? Battery pulls?
  22. nj02vette

I know. I'm not sure where the OP got GNex from that. What's the Stratosphere supposed to have?

Nevermind, it's a midrange slider. Nothing special.
  23. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

His name is Nexus. :D
  24. gapi

Knowing of the history how Motorola & Verizon likes to have you remove the battery when things are going wrong, what are they going to do with the RAZR? :)
  25. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

Bang it on the table? :p

Edit: Or better yet return it and get a GNex. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.