1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

2. jmanderson10

jmanderson10 Member

I like those style of cases but don't you find it cumbersome to take it out of your pocket then out of the case every time you use the phone?

And second (or third or fourth) to the group that doesn't care about SD card if its 32 gb (or 16 if I'm being honest).

And to everyone who talks football occasionally I'm a Colts fan so you can all suck it. I'll just pour myself another scotch before kickoff.....
    Sharpe Man likes this.
  3. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

There's always a button combo that reboots the phone. But no easy CWM recovery screen by using the battery pull.
  4. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Well-Known Member

So, apparently the SGN has MHL for HD Video to my awesome Samsung tv. Can someone enlighten me on how this is supposed to work? Is there an extra port on the phone? How do I hook it up to my TV?

Not much use in recording in 1080P if I cant watch it on my 1080P LED TV...
  5. nj02vette

6. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

theres only one thing that bothers me about not having an sd card. i have a 4 month old, and i tend to have my phone nearby most of the time so it gets used to capture a lot of photos. with my dinc, i just have all the photos automatically saved to the sd, so if the phone dies, who cares, i just take out the card and put it into the next phone and still have all my data. with no card, its basically forcing me to either (A)pull the files from it onto the computer everytime i add something or(B)use something like picasa or photobucket to save them to the cloud, thus eating into my data allowance before throttling(grandfathered into unlimited). neither of those are deal breakers, just in my case, make things slightly less convenient.

edit: also videos, which arent as quick or as small of file size
  7. nj02vette

Taking 100 pictures in a day won't eat into your data allowance compared to one HD movie.

But your concern about backup is valid.
  8. nj02vette

No extra port, it's a combination USB and HDMI. You need a dongle that plugs into the phone, and then plugs into an HDMI cable. As I understand it, any micro USB plug will work fine, but you'll need an adapter for HDMI.
    jaydotelloh likes this.
  9. timetoroot

timetoroot Well-Known Member

Maybe like the SGS2.

MHL
    jaydotelloh likes this.
  10. The_Chief

If we're just streaming TV/music and uploading pics, I doubt very seriously that Verizon is going to throttle us. I think they reserve that honor for the top 5% of data hogs who are torrenting 24/7, eating up mega-gigas a month. Don't worry, be happy.
    rhietpas likes this.
  11. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Well-Known Member

Ah, I got it, thought it was a wireless protocol. I was going to be very upset if it was wireless as my TV is not. :D:D
  12. nj02vette

magdelaine likes this.
  13. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member

The wait till February is going to feel excruciatingly long
  14. The_Chief

I wonder if my family would mind if I spent half of that camped outside my Verizon store...
  15. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

It would not hurt my feeling's if it only had 8gb I have only used 4.25gigs of total space on my X that's between system and the SD card.
  16. nj02vette

Why don't you just offer the first guy in line a cool couple grand, like those Apple fanatics do.
  17. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Buy this, and connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable.
    I know it's Galaxy S2 branded, but it should work exactly the same. In any case, I'm sure Samsung will sell an official one for the Nexus too.

Edit: actually, does the Galaxy S2 come with the MHL adapter bundled in? I think I read that somewhere. If so, I'm guessing the Nexus will too.
    jaydotelloh likes this.
  18. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

There was a couple that camped out for, I kid you not, 18 freaking days.
    First in Line at NYC Apple Store Turns Down $1,500

That would literally be like if one of us camped outside a Verizon store from now until the Nexus released on November 10...
  19. bluenik25

bluenik25 Well-Known Member

Whoops, it's been a long day!
  20. The_Chief

Dude, if I had that kind of money to throw around I'd just bribe the manager to sell me one early ;)

EDIT: Besides, this small town? I plan to BE the first guy in line :)
  21. gapi

gapi VIP Member VIP Member

Save your cash and get it here.
    drbugsmn likes this.
  22. cavefishes

cavefishes Active Member

Not really. After a while it becomes second nature. I keep my Zune in my left pocket, so my left hand pulls out the device and simultaneously pushes in the top of the case so it slides out a little ways. Then it's a simply a matter of placing the Zune in my right hand, pulling away the case, and unlocking the screen. It maybe adds 1/4 of a second on to the time it would usually take to unlock it, with the added benefit of being protected in my pocket. That extra 1/4 of a second isn't even the biggest deal. :D
  23. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

My Dinc is used nekkid, but it goes into the thin leather Sena case when pocketed.
  24. X24

X24 Well-Known Member

This made me curious... as this is the first phone I'm buying on launch day... when do screen protectors and cases start coming out for new phones? Is there going to be any made for it available at/before launch?
  25. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

I know I've read that in most markets, the top 5% falls in around 2gb/month.

Conveniently...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.