***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2011-12-15 17:55:59
  1. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Hmmm, any word on a release date or pricing? That would be nice, right? :p

But seriously, I really hope we get some substantial info soon. I hunger for news.

Advertisement
  2. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

Nothing new, really
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Well, I have some new news I haven't posted through 16k...if they release the Gnex anytime in the month of Nov, I'm in. I haven't really ever fully committed in my own mind throughout the thread but the time has come. Not that anybody really cares but I'm just keeping the dream alive here people. :D

Even if the specs ante is upped in 2012, I'm banking on heavy dev support for this one. That's all I really care about. I'm a rommer with an addiction and I see this as being the most fun one can have with root access through the end of next year. By then I'll have won the lottery so who really gives a crap.
    Rhystatic likes this.
  4. Leaked map pricing had it at $299 on contract and a nov 10 launch, take it for what it's worth.Evidence Mounts for Nov 10 Galaxy Nexus, HTC Rezound Launch, Oct 27 for Droid RAZR That shows the razr launching thursday which we know that date is for preorders so the nexus could launch the 10th or be preorders. Nobody knows for sure.
  5. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

All conjecture at this point. :(
  6. Jb2db

Jb2db Well-Known Member

Good point! I'm just so tired of my 3gs and am ready to move on from iOS. I'll hold out for as long as I can. Really want that GNex though..
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer Well-Known Member

Stanley Kamel was a great mentor of mine. He was Dr Kroger. As you know he died :( great man...I miss him.
    3vil and drbugsmn like this.
  8. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

jmar likes this.
  9. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

who hears better? lol
  10. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

I'm not a facebook twitter person but I dont mind sharing a pic with you guys, been reading your posts for weeks!

11. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

I hears better... now... Who disagree? ;)
  12. BabyBlues

13. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

there I go excluding you again, BabyBlues. . .sorry! I just looked at the one above me and raced back over here to remind everyone. Nice shoes!
    BabyBlues likes this.
  14. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

Crashumbc likes this.
  15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

[​IMG]
  16. BabyBlues

It's ok. You just make it so easy to tease you. And thank you.

LMAO!
  17. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

3vil, ASC, Rrrracer and 3 others like this.
  18. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

drbugsmn likes this.
  19. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member

Damn that thing flies around websites.

*Checks post count*

Wtf 300 post already? And all I ever do here is bother people on the DX board about flashing ROMs :p
  20. kamon211

kamon211 Well-Known Member

Theres an article on the main page for a replacement TTS (text to speech) app. It would be so baddass to have my nexus running ICS, with my stock TTS replaced with one that sounds like Jarvis, from the iron man movies
    drbugsmn likes this.
  21. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member

I was gonna ask why not make it sound like Optimus Prime, but I forgot about the name change.
  22. Just reinforces how nice this phone is and how much of an improvement it is over gb devices.
  23. kamon211

kamon211 Well-Known Member

This would have been reason 236 why they should have left it nexus prime
  24. evil-doer

evil-doer Active Member

is there any actual evidence that it ever was called prime? even as a code name?

could just be a rumor name that was wrong and just repeated over and over.
  25. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I think it was a code name. I know my sister (works at VZ) referred to it as the Prime, but also that it was called
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.