• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting tired of all of this doom and gloom news I keep seeing about the SGN not having Gorilla Glass. Until it's further clarified what kind of fortified glass they're using, they're just fearmongering and people are biting.

We just have to remember that Google is involved in selecting every single part of this phone, and I can only hope they wouldn't skimp on one of its biggest selling features(a 4.65 inch HD screen) just to save a few bucks over using Gorilla Glass.

Gloom & Doom? It was released it would have some form of protection, just not the Gorilla brand. Gorilla may have gotten greedy in the pricing and Sammy slapped them.

Upvote 0
The truth about deliveries:

September-06-2011-01-54-23-dailypicdump75064079Dailypicdump20110721s324x600208611580.jpeg

Upvote 0
I haven't worn those boots in years! :D

Great, glad to know that.

This is not HanSolo - mods can tell.

I like a good joke as much as the next guy, and this one has its merits, evidenced by the thanks garnered on that post.

However - please do contribute positively and more than just spoofing the most popular guy here.

But he that filches from me my good name. Robs me of that which not enriches him, And makes me poor indeed. Othello Act 3, scene 3
Cheers, thank you.

PS - Before anyone else tries: we have a strict policy against creating multiple accounts.

Upvote 0
Gloom & Doom? It was released it would have some form of protection, just not the Gorilla brand. Gorilla may have gotten greedy in the pricing and Sammy slapped them.

Yeah, I'm just referring to a lot of the news I'm seeing right now on a Google News search is talking about the lack of Gorilla Glass on the SGN. Just getting annoyed with it when I want to see some real news.

Upvote 0
Great, glad to know that.

This is not HanSolo - mods can tell.

I like a good joke as much as the next guy, and this one has its merits, evidenced by the thanks garnered on that post.

However - please do contribute positively and more than just spoofing the most popular guy here.

Cheers, thank you.

I thought it was obvious that I was not the real hansolo....my posts are now being deleted so I must've worn out my welcome :( On a serious note, I am here for the GN and lurk here often. I just thought since I have not seen anything new and exciting lately regarding the phone that this would it would be ok to have a little fun. guess not. I will creep back into the shadows until I see some news on a release date ok?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm just referring to a lot of the news I'm seeing right now on a Google News search is talking about the lack of Gorilla Glass on the SGN. Just getting annoyed with it when I want to see some real news.

Ahh! the gloom and doom in the press! I see. Yes, they are getting desperate for something to blog about.

That all basically copy and paste everything, its a shame. I would like to tune into one news blogger that does not live by copy and paste.

Upvote 0
I thought it was obvious that I was not the real hansolo....my posts are now being deleted so I must've worn out my welcome :( On a serious note, I am here for the GN and lurk here often. I just thought since I have not seen anything new and exciting lately regarding the phone that this would it would be ok to have a little fun. guess not. I will creep back into the shadows until I see some news on a release date ok?

It is rather off topic. I keep responding to my forum alerts looking for new news on the GN and getting Han jokes. EEk. Ya Know?

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

Will the real HanSolo please stand up? Please stand up. Please stand up.... (to the tune of "The Real Slim Shady") :)

Upvote 0
I've been a long time Verizon customer and have always settled for their newest phone while other carriers were getting higher spec'd phones because I wanted their network.

As you said, I can finally have the BEST PHONE ON THE BEST CARRIER.

I feel sorry for anyone on Sprint. They may get one eventually but they are still stuck with WiMax.

This phone is going to be amazing and I'm going to have it with Unlimited LTE.

Best phone on the best carrier (voice AND data).

WIN!!!!

mwahaha. brinnnnng it.

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0
Looking a lot like 10th for pre-order, 17th for in-hand now.

Between this image considering how it lists 10/27 for the RAZR which is it's pre-order date, and the post on the Phandroid front page about availability of the SIM-free version on the 17th now per Amazon.

verizon-map-bionic.jpg
Good find and point. My speculation: they let it drop without preorder. Available at the store with no fanfare on 11/10. Yes? Who's with me?

Upvote 0
I've been a long time Verizon customer and have always settled for their newest phone while other carriers were getting higher spec'd phones because I wanted their network.

As you said, I can finally have the BEST PHONE ON THE BEST CARRIER.

Its a good time to be a Verizon customer... FINALLY!

Upvote 0

Better still, use an account we can respond to, and post whenever you like. :)

It's nothing personal - look at it this way - imagine how lousy the place would be if we allowed sock puppets - that only leads to one thing: sock puppets talking to sock puppets until no one real is talking at all. ;)

I laughed myself - and your welcome's not worn out.

We just do that voodoo we do so the hoodoo that some do doesn't turn into the booboo that bans do.

See you back under a better name, real soon! :)

Upvote 0
if that chart is not something someone mocked up... I agree, the GN will most likely release without pre-order.

But I really hope you are wrong! :p

It was posted on droid-life yesterday, and the Bionic's price did drop by $50 today.

I think a release without pre-order and them making a big deal out of the phone is unlikely considering they paid for exclusivity.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones