• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way a phone is dropping on Thanksgiving. wrong quote. too lazy to fix.

And that's why blogs get made fun of, just ridiculously lazy journalism, and a misquote of Steven to boot.

Nor does anyone seem to remember that there's two versions of this phone. Samsung is only talking about the GSM version. Why would they discuss the release date of an LTE phone that'll never see the light of day in Europe at an event in London?

Upvote 0
To all those saying international launch before US (really only a few people across the web):

Google has never released anything internationally before it came to the US. From phones (I believe N1 had a three or so month exlusive in the US from Jan to about April) to services (GVoice is still not open to anyone else, instant search was rolled out to US IP addresses first, maps mapped the US first, Google music), Google has always favored the US.

In a move that has the opportunity to come bite me a la Montana Man's wine cellar in the DINC thread (also, I believe Steven58 still has to eat a hat...), I will upgrade to premium if this thing comes International before US. I know that sounds like not much, but I am a poor college student, so it is all I can really bet. :p

-Nkk

Upvote 0
Pair of launches for Verizon: Motorola DROID RAZR November 10th, Samsung GALAXY Nexus November 24th

NOV 24!!?? or later! wtf!

The Verizon MAP list isn't always right and unfortunately, the proof of this can be seen with the Samsung GALAXY Nexus. Originally thought to be coming to market on November 10, U.K. newspaper The Telegraph says it has heard from Samsung that the first Android 4.0 flavored smartphone will be launched in the States one week after the November 17th launch in Britain. A poster on Phandroid's Android Forums who claims to be a Verizon insider, says that because of the lack of Verizon's bloatware on the phone, the carrier has decided not to push too hard for its launch. The November 24th launch is not written in stone and a launch could actually take place later than that date.

who's the mole??!! haha steven58 all eyes on u haha

I noticed that... but there's something I have to say... I'm not just a "poster" I'm a living breathing being. I have worth!

Even Shakespeare understood this principle:

Shakespeare said:
Hath not a poster eyes? Hath not a poster hands, organs,
dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with
the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
to the same diseases, heal'd by the same means,
warm'd and cool'd by the same winter and summer
as any human is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us,
do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that.
If a poster wrong a human, what is his humility?
Revenge. If a human wrong a poster, what should his
sufferance be by human example? Why, revenge.
The villainy you teach me, I will execute,
and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

Upvote 0
And that's why blogs get made fun of, just ridiculously lazy journalism, and a misquote of Steven to boot.

Nor does anyone seem to remember that there's two versions of this phone. Samsung is only talking about the GSM version. Why would they discuss the release date of an LTE phone that'll never see the light of day in Europe at an event in London?

That's good point. Maybe samsung is saying GSM Nexus is launching in US after Europe. That probably has no bearing on LTE version for Verizon.

Upvote 0
I'm just curious why the US release is so sketchy. It's not an exclusive so I wonder what the hold up is. No mention of T-Mo or AT&T either. This is one botched up release.

Samsung and Google have handled this whole thing terribly if you ask me. Amateurs :)

I wonder whats going to happen.

The Oracle speaks to me in tongues I cannot understand.

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0
That's good point. Maybe samsung is saying GSM Nexus is launching in US after Europe. That probably has no bearing on LTE version for Verizon.
Ohhhh, actually that might make sense. If Verizon releases it on the 10th or 17th and GSM version is released on the 24th or later....? IDK...I still think we are getting it on the 10th.

Upvote 0
I'm just curious why the US release is so sketchy. It's not an exclusive so I wonder what the hold up is. No mention of T-Mo or AT&T either. This is one botched up release.

Samsung and Google have handled this whole thing terribly if you ask me. Amateurs :)

Verizon happened. I think they could screw up a wet dream. :D:p

Upvote 0
I sent off a PM to the Source with the link to the article here requesting him/her to "kill me now."

I assume I'll have an answer. :p I'm guessing the source hasn't heard anything about an 11/24 launch. Really, is it so bad? We get to keep this thread going perhaps surpassing the world famous and historic HTC Incredible thread and everyone gets to make fun of me for having egg on my face. What could be bad with that right?

(Steven jumps out of the window. Of course, it's only a ceremonial gesture as the window is street level and only about 4 feet off the ground).

Upvote 0
I sent off a PM to the Source with the link to the article here requesting him/her to "kill me now."

I assume I'll have an answer. :p I'm guessing the source hasn't heard anything about an 11/24 launch. Really, is it so bad? We get to keep this thread going perhaps surpassing the world famous and historic HTC Incredible thread and everyone gets to make fun of me for having egg on my face. What could be bad with that right?

(Steven jumps out of the window. Of course, it's only a ceremonial gesture as the window is street level and only about 4 feet off the ground).

This whole Europe said article has take a life of it's own. First of all I can't see how Samsung Europe would have much of an clue about Samsung and Verizon's launch plans. Besides that if I'm Samsung Europe and addressing a European crowd I'm going to cater to them and tell them they will be the first to get it. I mean even if he did hear information that made them make that statement who's to say that information was current by the time they presented.

On another note I do believe Verizon managed to screw themselves out of an exclusive launch in the US.

Upvote 0

You're lucky then, the oracle doesn't speak to me at all, so not even a chance to translate ;)

Reactions: cereal killer
Upvote 0
This whole Europe said article has take a life of it's own. First of all I can't see how Samsung Europe would have much of an clue about Samsung and Verizon's launch plans. Besides that if I'm Samsung Europe and addressing a European crowd I'm going to cater to them and tell them they will be the first to get it. I mean even if he did hear information that made them make that statement who's to say that information was current by the time they presented.

On another note I do believe Verizon managed to screw themselves out of an exclusive launch in the US.

I really don't care if VZW gets an exclusive, or if all carriers get it at once, just as long as VZW gets it (quickly at that :D) I'll be ok with that :D:D:D

Upvote 0
Float, Float in the middle of the dark blue sea for Fire and Destruction surround you. A cold wind rushes by stealing any sense of heat. It's odd, strangely silent for such a brisk wind. When it makes landfall the masses will feel it's rage. ~The Oracle

Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.
~Iron Maiden (I mean, ahem, Samuel Taylor Coleridge)

By the way, the above is exactly what us poor Gnexer's are in a sea of Androids that aren't Nexus...damn thirsty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG_CXEdTIQE

Reactions: RichSz and drbugsmn
Upvote 0
Wait, so today AT&T announced that their first two LTE phones were going on sale Nov. 6th - the HTC whatever and the Samsung Galaxy S11 Skyrocket (wtf?). So does this mean that AT&T could also potentially see the LTE Nexus at some point? Or am I missing a key differentiation between Verizon's LTE and AT&T's new LTE? I know AT&T hasn't said anything but I would love to see AT&T getting the LTE nexus too!! Actually, any nexus anywhere would be great.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Wait, so today AT&T announced that their first two LTE phones were going on sale Nov. 6th - the HTC whatever and the Samsung Galaxy S11 Skyrocket (wtf?). So does this mean that AT&T could also potentially see the LTE Nexus at some point? Or am I missing a key differentiation between Verizon's LTE and AT&T's new LTE? I know AT&T hasn't said anything but I would love to see AT&T getting the LTE nexus too!! Actually, any nexus anywhere would be great.

Nope, they're not compatible. This article explains it:

Verizon LTE Phones Probably Incompatible With AT&T | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

I don't see AT&T and Verizon doing something jointly in the consumer's best interests unless the FCC decides to mandate it.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who believes that there may not be a conspiracy at all? When did Verizon push the date back? They never did announce an official date in the first place. They said, "later this year". Our Source told us he thought the 3rd, but he/she admitted that things change quickly. The MAP showed 11/10, but that could have been faked. So who's pushing the phone back if it doesn't land on the 17th? What if it lands sooner? Nothing and no one has proven that it won't.

OK, if there is some type of delay (HSPA+ isn't out either you know). Could it be that Google is furiously pushing out updates to try and get ICS more ready for prime time? Could it be that Sammy is trying to put more battery to squeeze more life out of the LTE version? Could there be a supply issue?

We simply don't know, yet we go round and round about how Verizon is screwing us by being mean to the people who are waiting for the phone. Who is actually waiting with bated breath over this phone anyway? The tech geek world? Have you told your friends about this new awesome phone that you are getting, only to get a half-hearted "That's nice" out of them?

No person can come along and PROVE to me that Verizon isn't taking it's time because it wants to absolutely wow folks with the Gnex. I know, I know...Verizon does it again and again. Since past phones have been released with less than ideal specs or whatever, we must assume that they hate the Gnex as well right? On what basis? Bloat? How do you know?

Upvote 0
if verizon pushes the release into december, i am most likely going to switch to att, get the skyrocket then figuratively rape verizon. I am so sick of wating. this is the most ****ed up phone release ever, and reading this forums is almost making it worse. Im not saying its stevens or anyones fault, how could u guys have known about anything, its just evertime we get good rumors they have been shot down, even after the phone was officialy announced we still dont ahve a release date. and many of the sources, dont know wtf their talkign about. or then again, maybe verizon is freaking dumb and can't figure out how to sell a quality phone for once besides and iphone. im so effin pissed right now. iv been waiting for a new phone forever, my contract ended in june and i could have gotten an upgrade in april. After the long wait for the gsii to come to us just to find no verizon version now this. :mad:

now that i have that off my chest, thanks everyone to contributing to this awesome thread!:cool:

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
my contract ended in june and i could have gotten an upgrade in april.

Yeha I hate sitting here on a contract less line :p I sure as hell want to keep AT&T paying my $400 subsidy every 2 years :)

Nope, they're not compatible. This article explains it:

Doesn't surprise me, I'm actually glad LTE will be on so many frequencies, maybe we will actually have a real network operating on wide amount of space to use. Not all this limited 3G nightmare, with carriers sitting on unused spectrum for years on end.

who cares about 19k. Who will get 20k is my question.

And I am just now discorvering this thread :p, I skiped past it for the last week thinking it was a sticky... (oops, I swear I read stickies... :rolleyes:) I'm here to join the 20K party.

So does this mean that AT&T could also potentially see the LTE Nexus at some point?

I doubt this. I just doesn't seem likely with how few markets AT&T LTE is in right now. Id love to be prove wrong here come launch, but It just doesn't seem likely. Sure AT&T released some LTE devices now, but those are only worthwhile for those that live in a LTE area right now. With the expected popularity of the Galaxy Nexus it seems weird to waste all the cost on LTE components that will only see real use in a very few areas for the first year... which is sadly about as long most of US will be using the SGN

All this anticipation is killing me, I just want to know when its out!! and if it is a Verizon exclusive after all I will be buying an unlocked version! (Yeah I'm that nuts right now over this blasted piece of plastic.) (I actually wake up and look at my iPhone in disgust thinking "3.5" of lame...[Its grown old to me, no longer innovative] )

Upvote 0
if verizon pushes the release into december, i am most likely going to switch to att, get the skyrocket then figuratively rape verizon. I am so sick of wating. this is the most ****ed up phone release ever, and reading this forums is almost making it worse. Im not saying its stevens or anyones fault, how could u guys have known about anything, its just evertime we get good rumors they have been shot down, even after the phone was officialy announced we still dont ahve a release date. and many of the sources, dont know wtf their talkign about. or then again, maybe verizon is freaking dumb and can't figure out how to sell a quality phone for once besides and iphone. im so effin pissed right now. iv been waiting for a new phone forever, my contract ended in june and i could have gotten an upgrade in april. After the long wait for the gsii to come to us just to find no verizon version now this. :mad:

now that i have that off my chest, thanks everyone to contributing to this awesome thread!:cool:

You clearly did not follow the Bionic...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones