***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. bldgengineer

bldgengineer Well-Known Member

Never say never. Money talks and laws walk. The problem is that anything can be slipped into any bill brought forward to congress and it can be voted on and passed. Ex:

I'm sorry but this IS the US government we are talking about and people that I deal with on a daily basis. Trust me, you don't want to assume ANYTHING won't happen with our government.

kcs7272, AntimonyER and drbugsmn like this.
  2. bldgengineer

bldgengineer Well-Known Member

I want something official. Being in limbo sux:mad:
    kcs7272 and red66charger like this.
  3. Agree knowing an official date would be better than always guessing and wondering.
    red66charger likes this.
  4. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

5. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Would much rather have something official from Verizon. A million times over.
    red66charger likes this.
  6. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Well-Known Member

7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

So you would rather know its releasing 12/1 vs. NOT knowing that it is releasing 11/17?

edit: In that case, why don't you tell yourself it is releasing 12/31? We DO know that.
  8. Who wouldnt want a solid date even if its later. Then people wont be upset wjrn it doesn't come the 17.
  9. Stigy

Because that's too far away. I can wait 16 days :D
    AntimonyER likes this.
  10. Stigy

11. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I would rather have a solid date. Then its at least known. This being in limbo crap is crazy!

I think that's a good summary.

12. AntimonyER

I want the phone in my hand as soon as possible. Knowing we will get it in a month would be torture vs. the possibility of getting it two weeks from thursday. Sure if that day rolls around and we don't get it, I will be disappointed, but then it will only be two weeks (or less if they do a black friday launch) till the release (assuming they don't go past 12/1) as opposed to a month.
    dawnierae likes this.
  13. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

As much as we "want it now" which is what todays world is all about (sad I know, but true), we're that much closer each day! Will be here before we know it now stop trolling these threads every second of every day and go do something productive :p
  14. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I would definitely rather know when the release is going to be even if they say 12/31. It lets me know how much longer my OG Droid needs to last and if it can in fact last that long. If it is a 12/31 release, then I need to look for another option. Even if it's a 12/1 release, I might consider the Rezound or the Razr. ICS will be out for them shortly which is the major advantage for the Nexus. Take away it being the only phone with ICS for an extended period of time and it means absolutely nothing to me. I'm waiting for ICS, not the Nexus, and if the first phone with ICS (Nexus) is only released a couple of weeks ahead of when they roll out ICS to other phones (Razr/Rezound/etc) then I would rather have a new phone now with ICS upgrade in a few weeks than to hold on to a dying Droid now while waiting for a phone that will have ICS only a couple of weeks ahead of others. Frankly, the hardware isn't the impressive part of the Nexus and some others have their own hardware perks.
    pm1066 and redraider1 like this.
  15. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

Guys, i hate to be the bad news person but @droidlife tweeted last night "Galaxy nexus delayed" !!!!!!!!! i'm not good at twitter and couldn't find out where it came from. But droid-life is legit.

I pray they are wrong. Or that i'm just an idiot and didn't take it the right way.
  16. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Jbdan, the only "productive" thing I look forward to doing is customizing my new Gnex! :D

EDIT: Droid Life? Legit? Since WHEN? :p
  17. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

12/1 sounds logical to me as much as I don't want it to be. Again, it's after the 14 day return period of the Vigor and Razr.

I can't see Verizon releasing the phone on black friday.
    Travillion likes this.
  18. drbugsmn

Interesting article about price points on Verizon LTE devices Verizon Jacks Up DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus & HTC Rezound Prices For Early Adopters

An interesting excerprt FTA:
    "What's even more surprising is that both the HTC Vivid and Galaxy SII Skyrocket not only match the hardware found on Verizon's LTE devices but also feature “circuit-switch fallback” technology which improves battery life when using 4G LTE (a big problem for Verizon LTE users)."

Anyone familier with the circuit switch fallback, what it is and if the newer verizon LTE phones use it?
  19. RadYOacTiVe

That might be from yesterday's new from the UK site, Telegraph. Posted with no source, just speculation.

20. AntimonyER

Unless you are a government employee, in which case carry on.
  21. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Ah.... LOVE Iron Maiden. One of my favorite bands. Wish I were a bit older and could have seen them in concert in their heyday.
    RichSz and drbugsmn like this.
  22. jmanderson10

jmanderson10 Member

Blah. That's all. Blah.
    gapi and drbugsmn like this.
  23. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

nope, i followed that yesterday also (I'm following EVERYTHING on this phone).

this was way after that. They reported that earlier. this was hours later.

go to their twitter. I'm just not good at it. Plus that Panda guy said the same thing on his twitter. at a similar time
    RadYOacTiVe likes this.
  24. drbugsmn

I've seen them 4 times back in the 80s, one of the best live acts I've ever seen. Back in 84/85 on the Powerslave tour, saw them in Atlanta, where they had arrived 2 days previously, so they were rested up. They ended up playing for almost 2.5 hours. it was CRAZY. They are a fantastic live band.

I've got Flight 666 on the DVR but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I keep hoping that they will hit the midwest, because I will drive to wherever they land at.

Good luck, I hope you get a chance to see them! It will be worth the effort!
  25. RadYOacTiVe

Thanks for the info. I'm not a Facebook or Twitter person so I have no idea how to follow their tweets. I just wait for the updates here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.