***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

If it gets released on Black Friday with no pre-order, I guess I'll end up with one sometime in December. I refuse to be a part of that stupid marketing ploy. In my opinion, nothing is worth the foolishness that happens on that day.

It doesn't make sense for Black Friday to be the real date since someone earlier mentioned Verizon tried that once and it was a disaster. Why would they do that to themselves if it was proven to fail?
    callmeox and drbugsmn like this.
  2. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of the way extended batteries look, and that one for the Vigor is particularly hideous.

It's a good looking phone otherwise though.
  3. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

People are inherently selfish and irresponsible with credit cards.

Also, it's too much of a coincidence that the Love Tunnel is feeding us bad news about a possible delay and then Kellex tweets about it being pushed back to Black Friday.

I think I'm okay with it. My original cut-off date was Black Friday anyway, from back in the Bionic forums. At least it's this month.
  4. Kroaker

Kroaker Member

I'll take a G-Nex for Christmas :) As long as I can play with it early.
  5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

MOD NOTE: As a moderator, I state de rulz: any personal attacks on anyone (on CK, or anyone else) will be deleted and/or infracted. :)

Carry on.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yeah Kellex has had some good info on the GNex so far.
    Stigy likes this.
  7. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Agreed. But I had to stand out in line at 5am for my wife's iPad 2, so I guess I can do it for this. But this time I'll be smart and bring gloves, hot chocolate, and a folding chair. I was miserable last time.

I really hope there is online pre-ordering. I'll be pissed if there isn't.
  8. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

My wayward son?

Sorry can't help it -- always pops into my head when I see "Carry on."
    drbugsmn likes this.
  9. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

Is that Betty Page?
  10. rpretzel

rpretzel Well-Known Member

Yeah, having a bulky extended battery tacked on the back is not ideal, but I could deal with it if I just have to use it for baseball games.

It just seems to me that, after the TB fiasco, HTC would be very leery of releasing another phone with crappy battery life.

Again, for me, it's really going to come down to my own hands-on test of the two devices.

(Edit: Yay! 100 posts!)
    EarlyMon likes this.
  11. AntimonyER

One question, are there FED-EX deliveries on black friday? Or will we have to hope we either get it early, or wait till the following monday to get our phones?
  12. jasaero

jasaero Well-Known Member

Yeah. Think my question is whether he is in a "need to know" sorta position on a lot of our questions or whether he has to fish from inside Verizon for info from those that are actually in such "need to know" positions. I just don't get the impression he is getting info he doesn't seek on this phone, other than maybe that he was involved in testing the phone, but guessing lots of Verizon peeps are involved in testing.

Regardless it seems VZW is concerned they won't be able to supply demand for the device. And it seems this info was independently obtained from a similar suggestion by BMX or P3 last week. Unless of course you have under-informed BMX/P3 followers inside VZW creating internal VZW rumors. If I had more respect for VZW I would say they would control such stuff internally well, but I do not. I see them as an Ivory Tower kinda institution where someone like BMX could possibly be better than asking around through proper channels internally simply because BMX has better connections to the top of the tower.
  13. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Agreed. Does this mean you'll be giving us info as it comes in??

And does the infraction rule apply to personal attacks sent through PM's? :confused:
  14. Stigy

ajoudi84, metlcat, kyler13 and 7 others like this.
  15. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

I know you'll hate this, but P3Droid actually was the first to bring up possible supply problems :)

Black Friday would actually not be TERRIBLE for me, as I have my actual upgrade date on the 28th. I currently have an early upgrade available, but if I wait it out until the 28th, I can get an extra $30-50 off. If it came out earlier on the 17th, I'd still go for it though ;)
  16. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Crap.

From Kellex:
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

So seems like it's confirmed for 11/28. After Black Friday. When most will be penniless.

Okay. At least it's still November, at least it's still November.
    nexusprimepls likes this.
  18. AntimonyER

Yeah that looks like black friday to me.
  19. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

20. Stigy

Also from the image above looks like they are doing Monday releases for their phones now -- at least that's what it looks like from those Milestone dates above the information. Unless Monday is just the beginning of the week for them.

I guess we can confirm after we hear a date for the Rezound.
  21. dan h

dan h Well-Known Member

I don't write much on this forum but do read almost everything in here.... From my experience, what makes you a great moderator is that you are not here just to regulate things but you are also a participator and contributor. You have great insights and take the risk to share those with the rest of us. Can't remember the last time I was in a any forum where the moderator volunteered themselves for criticism and did it with style, humility, and a will to serve others.
  22. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

So it seems to be confirmed that:

RAZR on 10th

ReHound on 14th (still weird)

SGN on 28th (another Monday)

Weird, but I'm going with this. Kellex has too much credibility and the Love Tunnel hasn't said differently.
  23. Steven58

-1 for making all lol-y when I'm trying to be all stern-y/mod-like. :rolleyes::D

I try to be all "bad cop"... it just doesn't work.. no one takes me seriously. ;) I need to consult with Early on how he does it so well. :p
    drbugsmn and Stigy like this.
  24. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

25. Steven58

Wow. That blessed me. Thank you.
    lennydude and dan h like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.