***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

The more I look at this image, the more I think we could still be in for a pre-Black Friday release. Just look at the text for the Galaxy Nexus: "SAMSUNG HOLIDAY PORTFOLIO (WITH GALAXY NEXUS)". They don't even name it after the phone like they do with the RAZR, Rezound and iPhone.

Considering the presence of the iPhone(which obviously is not just now being released), this definitely looks to be a marketing plan for their stores, rather than a release schedule. Perhaps they will get signage that is supposed to be displayed during the dates on the graphic. And considering that the Nexus doesn't even get its own category, but rather is simply included in the "Samsung Holiday Portfolio", then who's to say it won't be released earlier, but not advertised until after Black Friday?

Ah well, dare to dream.

hgray likes this.
  2. redchilicat

redchilicat Well-Known Member

That is kind of what I was thinking/hoping...
  3. Rrrracer

Rrrracer Well-Known Member

Well I guess I'm glad that my DInc is still running strong... but man I WANT this thing lol...

Steven, you and Early bring the act of moderating to a new level, one that is more an art form than anything else (dare I say Jedi-like lol).

Regarding the release of information from The Source, if I were you, I wouldn't second guess myself. People just have to take it for what it is. You have truly done an amazing job of bringing us relevant information that we otherwise may have not been privy to.

I think its safe to say I speak for the overwhelming majority of us that appreciate it when I say thank you to both you and The Source.

OK enough butt kissing. Now give me the *@#%$ phone! :D
    BabyBlues likes this.
  4. jrob007

jrob007 Well-Known Member

There are other threads? :eek:
  5. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

dawnierae and redchilicat like this.
  6. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

Depending on how things unfold in the coming weeks, there's a good chance I'll just stay with AT&T. If the grass is greener on the other side (VZW), maybe that's because it's better fertilized. Just saying...
  7. kamon211

kamon211 Well-Known Member

I use under 2gb monthly, but I'm a semi working of Droid, i could see myself in 3gb/more territory once I'm on a decent LTE phone. We HAVE LTE at home and at work, and most of our weekend stomping grounds (Los andeles/San Diego)
  8. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

As a fellow OG Droid user, I also barely use any data. However, once I've got 4G on my phone, I definitely think I'll be seeing a definite increase in usage. The only reason I don't use it more is because of the terrible download speeds I get on 3G.
  9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Depends on what you want to do with it that you can't do with the OG Droid... like stream live TV or movies. I plan to do that, and when I do I can almost guarantee you that I will be VERY happy to have unlimited data :)
  10. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Steven, are you going to update the title and the OP w/the new info?
  11. shawn218

shawn218 Well-Known Member

Sigh.. Was so hyped for this phone 2 weeks ago. This is stupid. We should twitter them again
  12. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

Please, I hope not. This really could be the advertising schedule.
    Travillion likes this.
  13. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

I usually average about 2GB but last billing cycle I hit 3.9GB with the NFL app streaming the redzone free for 4G customers watching about 1.5 hours each sunday.

14. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Yeah I understand. Just trying to see what he sees as more accurate since he has access to more info at this point
  15. brain85

brain85 Well-Known Member

If this thing isn't released by the 17th, I'm buying the unlocked version, canceling VZW, and going to AT&T.

Seriously....I HATE verizon and their bull****
    kcs7272 likes this.
  16. brain85

brain85 Well-Known Member

Someone give me verizons twitter so I can spam the hell out of it please.
    kcs7272 likes this.
  17. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I kind of agree. It is good info, but we aren't sure what it is or what it means. It is rather confusing.
  18. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Go for it dude -- the swearing is unnecessary.

There was never any concrete info given about the phone. A lot of us are upset, but spamming their Twitter isn't going to make them give you a phone early.
  19. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Here, I don't care. Do what you want. :(
  20. rpretzel

rpretzel Well-Known Member

The general attitude of the GNex crowd sure has taken a dive today. Sheesh! :eek:
  21. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

I think so too, promotion starts the week of with release on Thursday of that week.

This jives with my post this morning of a 12/1 release, 14 days after the Vigor is released right at the end of the return period.

22. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Steven gave a clear warning and asked for polite treatment of everyone.

It ought be taken very seriously.

It ought not be met with smart alec or snarky remarks.

Unfortunate choices carry unfortunate consequences.
    Steven58 likes this.
  23. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

On the bright side,I am off from work on Black Friday.What time does Verizon open,I have a $100 credit ready to go.
  24. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

This is reminding me of the ThunderBolt release all over again with the crazy amounts of rumored dates and then later rumored dates...after all that I thought that there was no way Verizon could keep jerking around its customers like that....

I was wrong.
  25. shawn218

shawn218 Well-Known Member

What should the # be? For twitter
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.