• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keeps forgetting that Verizon is a wolf in sheep's clothing, that is why they are called Big Red...

I am not falling for this BS that Verizon is getting the Nexus Prime. The Nexus Prime will probably be a world phone (GSM) for all carriers accept Verizon. Verizon will get something close to it but it will not be pure.

In a 11 days we will get part of the puzzle solved.

Do the math;

SAMSUNG + GOOGLE = NO VERIZON.(GT-i9250)

SAMSUNG + VER-OOGLE = VERIZON.(SCH-i515)

Upvote 0
I dunno: having gotten used to the shape of the OG Droid, I'm not sure how I would take to a rounded phone. Do they fit well in car & desk docks? I suppose I could get used to it...

I do wonder how well it would work with a dock, but it might make for a better dock look as well. Not sure though. I guess I feel as though there are so many phones taking that cornered iPhone look that something a little different would be nice. Watch it happen though, and then the iPhone 5 will be rounded off as well. Hahaha.

Upvote 0
I really think that we have already seen the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus Prime in the form of the Galaxy S2 LTE HD. I think it will be that phone without capacitive buttons and running ICS.

I would be perfectly fine if it turned out like this. I really like the SGS2 and this would be an upgrade to that running ICS.

Why are some people so hung up on have a pure vanilla android device? Is it because these devices are the first to receive any updates from Google? Are there any other benefits? I've been fine having sense on my Incredible and others don't seem to mind TouchWiz. I understand the Verizon bloatware complaint, but that is a different issue from the skin.

Regardless, whether it is pure vanilla android or not, I want this phone now!

Upvote 0
Everyone keeps forgetting that Verizon is a wolf in sheep's clothing, that is why they are called Big Red...

I am not falling for this BS that Verizon is getting the Nexus Prime. The Nexus Prime will probably be a world phone (GSM) for all carriers accept Verizon. Verizon will get something close to it but it will not be pure.

Do the math;

I'm not sure about this. Probably just relentless hope though. There's no shortage of peeps that are begging for a great phone on Verizon. Back to begging the phone gods.

Reactions: dr01d3tte
Upvote 0

Do the math;

unfortunately I have to agree. This is Verizon we are dealing with. Great Android phones are not synonymous with Verizon.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure about this. Probably just relentless hope though. There's no shortage of peeps that are begging for a great phone on Verizon. Back to begging the phone gods.
From the first page of rumors and etc..to the last page. It has been said over and over that GT-i9250 is not for Verizon, and SCH-i515 is for Verizon. Has there been a change that I missed?

Upvote 0
Why are some people so hung up on have a pure vanilla android device? Is it because these devices are the first to receive any updates from Google? Are there any other benefits? I've been fine having sense on my Incredible and others don't seem to mind TouchWiz. I understand the Verizon bloatware complaint, but that is a different issue from the skin.

Android is just fine the way it is without some manufacturer trying to "improve" on it with a skin that assumes I want my phone to work their way, on their terms. A stock, vanilla Android phone is infinitely more customizable and I can make that phone my own... instead of personalizing a look that everyone else has too.

Reactions: daygo718
Upvote 0
But she still says that the little she has heard doesn't indicate a DROID branding.

I really hope it doesn't get the branding because that, coupled with the app list leaked with no bloatware on it, points to us getting a pure Nexus device.

Sounding a lot like Verizon doesn't have a huge stake in the hardware/software which fits with this being a Google Nexus phone. They may be doing limited testing under the control of Google rather than using the usual test groups, hence the lack of information/leaks. Wouldn't surprise me further, with the upcoming iPhone, if Google explicitly locked down any leaks ahead of the announcement to one up Apple and steal their thunder this month.

Reactions: Sandroidfan
Upvote 0
Android is just fine the way it is without some manufacturer trying to "improve" on it with a skin that assumes I want my phone to work their way, on their terms. A stock, vanilla Android phone is infinitely more customizable and I can make that phone my own... instead of personalizing a look that everyone else has too.

Ok, pretty much what I thought. Just like many products, it comes down to customer preference. I completely understand why people would insist on a stock Android device. At the same time, if the Samsung device that's coming out has all the specs that are rumored with TouchWiz and/or Verizon bloat on it, IMO it will still be a fantastic phone that I would purchase. I'm sure that some people may not buy it at that point because it's not stock, but I guess you can't please everyone. Having said all that, I do hope it does come stock, but I will buy it nonetheless.

Upvote 0
From the first page of rumors and etc..to the last page. It has been said over and over that GT-i9250 is not for Verizon, and SCH-i515 is for Verizon. Has there been a change that I missed?

I know that. But that different model numbers is mainly due to difference in radios between verizon (CDMA) and others (GSM), not necessarily due to verizon bloatwares. Model number doesn't give us clue on pure vanilla or not.

Not saying verizon will have pure Nexus though. I know their recent track record on android doesn't give any confidence on it. Time will tell pretty soon. I"m personally fine either way with that kind of hardware spec on Prime.

Upvote 0
I hope not. I would like to see a design more similar, or spot on, to what's in the op. A bit more rounded. Design is one thing that killed the bionic for me. I was looking forward to something a bit more rounded.

nope.

the rounded design (Nexus S for example) just looks like those generic, cheap phones from the early 2000s.

The slightly curved edges of the SGS2 are so much more appealing in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I know that. But that different model numbers is mainly due to difference in radios between verizon (CDMA) and others (GSM), not necessarily due to verizon bloatwares. Model number doesn't give us clue on pure vanilla or not.

Not saying verizon will have pure Nexus though. I know their recent track record on android doesn't give any confidence on it. Time will tell pretty soon. I"m personally fine either way with that kind of hardware spec on Prime.
Yes, I forgot about the radios. But I do not think Verizon will give us a pure OS phone, maybe this time next year in 2012 just before the world ends.:eek:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones