***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2011-12-15 17:55:59
  1. tigercranestyle

tigercranestyle Well-Known Member

palm pre plus and pixi plus. webos user here that's jumping on the nexan wagon. yes, i am a texan and a future nexus owner, so nexan is appropriate. :)

Advertisement
    EarlyMon likes this.
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer Well-Known Member

Judge: Hans you may question the defendant

*silence*

Judge: Hans!?

Hans: Huh?! Whu?!

Judge: I said it's your witness.

Hans: Oh right........well um. Hold on....

*Hans picks up one piece of paper with one sentence on it.*

Hans: Sir were you at 1245 Mariposa on July 15th, 2011 at 8:45pm

Defendant: No sir I was not

*panic washes over Hans face*

Hans: No further questions your honor

*the courtroom audience starts to get restless and commenting among themselves. The Judge slams the gavel down!*

Judge: Order!! ....Hans you have no further questions for the defendant?

Hans: Um no your honor.

Judge: Hans please approach the bench!.......what the hell are you doing? This man is on trial for murder and just told you that he was not at the scene of the crime and you just walk away?!

Hans: I'm sorry your honor. I'm not prepared at all.

Judge: Not prepared?!! What do you mean not prepared?

Hans: Well I've been spending an inordinate amount of time on a public forum talking about a phone.

Judge: are you shhhh I mean kidding me?!!

Hans: No sir. I am the top poster in the thread though with over 1500 replies.

Judge: Hans, get out of my courtroom!!

*Hans slinks back to his table and collects his sheet of paper*

Judge: In the matter of the State vs Mr Patrick Stevenson for the first degree killing of Sandy Ono this case is dismissed!!

*The court erupts in anger and disbelief*

*hours later Hans sits in front of his computer posting random pics on the Galaxy Nexus thread as the TV drones in the background..."In a surprising and stunning turn of events suspected Killer Patrick Stevenson......"*

FADE TO BLACK
  3. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Steve's Oh Boy statement was for the Head Phone gossip starting again.;)
  4. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

lol classic
  5. AJnATL

AJnATL Member

OTD- I grew up in the East Cobb/Sandy Springs area too. Now I live right near Perimeter Mall so I'm pretty close to everything. I was born here and have always loved it.

MMcCraryNJ- Welcome to Atlanta from me also.

Ever since I can remember VW has always been solid here. For years I've always been with AT&T (then Cingular) on a family plan with parents, and now I'm on a grandfathered unlimited AT&T plan. For that and the new LTE network here, I'll be sticking with them.
    MMcCraryNJ likes this.
  6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

CK - Or it could be this version:

Judge: Hans you may question the defendant

*silence*

Judge: Hans!?

Hans: Huh?! Whu?!

Judge: I said it's your witness.

Hans: Oh right........well um. Hold on....

*Hans picks up one piece of paper with one sentence on it.*

Hans: Sir were you at 1245 Mariposa on July 15th, 2011 at 8:45pm

Defendant: No sir I was not

*panic washes over Hans face*

Hans: No further questions your honor

*the courtroom audience starts to get restless and commenting among themselves. The Judge slams the gavel down!*

Judge: Order!! ....Hans you have no further questions for the defendant?

Hans: Um no your honor.

Judge: Hans please approach the bench!.......what the hell are you doing? This man is on trial for murder and just told you that he was not at the scene of the crime and you just walk away?!

Hans: I'm sorry your honor. I'm not prepared at all.

Judge: Not prepared?!! What do you mean not prepared?

Hans: Well I've been spending an inordinate amount of time on a public forum talking about a phone.

Judge: Not the RAZR I hope.

Hans: No sir, the Galaxy Nexus

Judge: SHH... That came out today?

Hans: Yes sir.

Judge: (pounds gavel) We will adjourn for the day, I have some business to attend to. (Runs out of the courthouse to the nearest Verizon store
  7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

8. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

AJ that VZW store right there on Abernathy at Perimeter mall? *cringe* I'll never visit that location again...

Been in ATL (SandySprings, Buckhead now Smyrna) since 73' always good to see a very rare "native" Atlantan!
  9. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Since there's no news, I'll just say this. Beats is pure marketing, just like Monster cable. How ironic is it that a lot of Beats products are from Monster cable. You aren't going to get audiophile quality at that level.

But seriously, even if it did do wonders. Even if it was the greatest system alive, most people are going to play thier 160kbps MP3 audio through thier phone. Garbage in, garbage out.

And that's if it even worked as advertised.
  10. X24

X24 Well-Known Member

Is rezound's screen pentile?
  11. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Think I read it's not

EDIT: It is not pentile it is S-LCD RGB somewhere around 342ppi
  12. Steven58

My deepest and most profound apologies. I just read through and realized what I had inadvertently done. Indeed I was rolling my eyes at the headphone tangent. The news I have is from last night.. that we most likely have a bigger battery than everyone else, by 100 mAh.

I never meant to lead folks on. Why it took so long for me to get back was because I didn't know folks were waiting. I was teaching a student and composing a long post for the Guide Central section, basically stating how staff here should be helpful and loving guides to all people, in order that we be known as the most helpful Android Forum on the planet. Serious. No joke. I mean it. I hope we're modelling caring for newbs and others.

Sorry!!!!

Steven
    Gandalf7, drbugsmn, dawnierae and 3 others like this.
  13. Steven58

Thank you guys. These dialogues made my entire day!!!! :D Love it!
  14. AntimonyER

Steven, if this doesn't prove how we feel about your info/contribution to this thread, nothing will. You practically brought this place to a halt as we waited for what we thought might be coming... We accept your apology and remember this side of us next time you feel conflicted about whether your contributions are valued and constructive here :)
    Ninjak and Steven58 like this.
  15. nj02vette

See the sort of power your weild. You need to change your avatar to the Emperor.

But seriously, I got your original post. Actually, I thought it was in response to EarlyMon.
  16. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

No more wrong than the fact that, in my head, all you Jersey-ites sound like Snooki or The Situation. :p
    BabyBlues likes this.
  17. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Oy!
    dawnierae likes this.
  18. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

dawnierae likes this.
  19. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Can't you like plea bargain or some other lawyer-y thing and get in and out of there before the Verizon store opens? C'mon, Han...be creative. Do I have to map this out for you? :)
    jbdan likes this.
  20. nj02vette

Ask for a continuance and rush out to the Verizon store.

Or, even better, convince the Judge beforehand that he also needs the GNex and have him postpone the date so you can both run to the store together.

Also, it most likely would be available first thing in the morning. Court always seems to be scheduled for later.
  21. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Yawn... this is going to be a long 13 days!!! C'mon Verizon let me pre-order today, so that I can focus on something else for a while.
  22. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

Check with your store first. The last couple of times I asked about paying retail for a phone they said they could not give me one from stock and it would have to be shipped to me. They were happy to take the money, but could not give me a phone from their stock because "they are all coded for contract upgrades". Sounds like a load of bull, but I got the same answer from 2 different stores.
  23. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

I took it out of context first. Busy day at work and didn't read your post clearly.

Sorry if that misled anyone, just a bit excited about this dang phone.

AntimonyER likes this.
  24. nj02vette

Thankfully, that POS crew aren't even from NJ. No one from NJ sounds like that, not even from the shore.

But north jersey shore does get a LOT of vacationers who do sound like that. That's why I stick to south jersey, and have a shore house in Ocean City.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  25. AntimonyER

Yeah, that's a common problem around here right now :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.