• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I've only seen it a few times, but he always sounded so British to me.
<----Shrugs and sighs. Not a Trek fan, sorry.

Off Topic
I love Star trek!

But you're right, the actor Patrick Stewart is English, and sounds english... But his character Jean Luc Picard in the show is French. :p

On Topic:

Soooo Excited to get my hands on the GNex!

tumblr_ls94y64Sem1qdeyqk.gif

Hanging out with one of my co-workers before our weekend USAF Reserve Duty.
He just got the iPhone 4S and I was giving him crap... lol

We Had some fun playing with Siri.

Then, I Told him all bout the GNex... Now he's Jealous.

Edit: My OT part was Ninja'd by Steven58 & Ninjak. :mad::p:D

Reactions: OfTheDamned
Upvote 0
Red,

You know if I have something I immediately tell everyone. I'm not into holding onto stuff for any reason. I don't play games. I'm just as excited as everyone else. My sense is that there isn't much more information to be had, really.

We pretty much know everything except:

1) The price breakdown (if there's a difference between the 32 and 16 gb, heck even if there IS a 16 gb for VZ)
2) The actual release date confirmed by vz. That bit of info will obviously have to come directly from vz because we have their supposed internal documents.
3) Confirmation of battery size.

That's pretty much it, the way I see it. We already got everything else leaked or revealed. The way I see it, we coasting until verizon goes public.

You forgot dimensions! We still have no idea how thick the LTE version will be. I don't know how I feel about the "little bit bigger" comment.... I don't want to carry around a brick when the alternative (Razr) is only 7.1mm.

Upvote 0
Off Topic
I love Star trek!

But you're right, the actor Patrick Stewart is English, and sounds english... But his character Jean Luc Picard in the show is French. :p

I thought I heard British in his voice. The character being French does make sense with the name now that I think of it.

On Topic:

Soooo Excited to get my hands on the GNex!

tumblr_ls94y64Sem1qdeyqk.gif

Hanging out with one of my co-workers before our weekend USAF Reserve Duty.
He just got the iPhone 4S and I was giving him crap... lol

We Had some fun playing with Siri.

Then, I Told him all bout the GNex... Now he's Jealous.

I think it is horrible that they make our military dress up like elves. Is it a holiday thing or just budget cuts?

Reactions: Steven58 and ASC
Upvote 0
You forgot dimensions! We still have no idea how thick the LTE version will be. I don't know how I feel about the "little bit bigger" comment.... I don't want to carry around a brick when the alternative (Razr) is only 7.1mm.

Eh... I'm carrying around the Droid X. Why would I care about dimensions. ;)

Upvote 0
Yes, thanks. Actually was a decent article. :)

Agreed... seen so many of those... but this one was really good. The need to revise that battery spec, though ;)

Don't I actually get my own avatar in 3 more posts?

I have a good one to use...

One more?

How do I add an avatar?

I'm very excited about no longer being "junior". My mother can now be proud.

Upvote 0
I think it is horrible that they make our military dress up like elves. Is it a holiday thing or just budget cuts?

Off Topic:
That elf costume would probably be more effective than the current USAF ABU uniform. That was a multi-million+ dollar mistake! Thankfully they're transitioning to Multicam uniforms for deployed personnel.

Trying to think of something on topic to post with this but am drawing a blank. lol :D

At least I've learned to "hide" my off topic stuff so it doesn't get deleted right away hopefully :p

Upvote 0
I'm very excited about no longer being "junior". My mother can now be proud.

Congrats! Go into user CP (control panel) (top left of any forum page). Click into it, hit edit avatar and the rest is easy. You can only have a certain size. If you want a bigger size, you can become a vip member for 20 bucks and join is in the VIP lounge and schmooze. ;)

Upvote 0
Eh... I'm carrying around the Droid X. Why would I care about dimensions. ;)

I feel the same way. I don't need a tablet, so anything that fits in my pocket is good for me. It is a great thing the SGN fits! I still can't believe it is coming to Verizon! When I switched service, I never expected Verizon to get a Nexus device. I thought their desire to control everything would never allow it. Now that I think about it, maybe having the iCrap on the network helped. This may have paved the way for Verizon to be more open to not being able to control everything about a device. If so, thank you Crapple!

Upvote 0
OTD... you edited me... must have two more posts to no longer be junior... searching for strength to make it to the finish line... might not make it :p

Yea, sorry. Multi posting is ok on occasion, but is generally frowned upon so I needed to merge them all. No hard feelings? ;)

I feel the same way. I don't need a tablet, so anything that fits in my pocket is good for me. It is a great thing the SGN fits! I still can't believe it is coming to Verizon! When I switched service, I never expected Verizon to get a Nexus device. I thought their desire to control everything would never allow it. Now that I think about it, maybe having the iCrap on the network helped. This may have paved the way for Verizon to be more open to not being able to control everything about a device. If so, thank you Crapple!

Well, they did it with the OG droid and the Droid Eris. Then came the love of Bing (lord knows why) and the bloatware just expanded from there. I'm hoping that ICS will change that in a lot of ways, although with them knowing that bloat can be shut down, it may entice them to load even more bloat on future phones. Maybe Apple did help this in some way, if so I actually thank them for it.

Upvote 0
Yea, sorry. Multi posting is ok on occasion, but is generally frowned upon so I needed to merge them all. No hard feelings? ;)

Well, they did it with the OG droid and the Droid Eris. Then came the love of Bing (lord knows why) and the bloatware just expanded from there. I'm hoping that ICS will change that in a lot of ways, although with them knowing that bloat can be shut down, it may entice them to load even more bloat on future phones. Maybe Apple did help this in some way, if so I actually thank them for it.

Maybe the bloat and extra bloat is actually a good thing if we can now get rid of it. The more bloat that they put, the more storage space they need to put into the phone!

Upvote 0

Was the Eris vanilla android? I thought it wasn't.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones