***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xs301

xs301 Well-Known Member

Good show. I still have to see mine on the dvr.
  2. ASC

ASC I'm Shy VIP Member

Off Topic
    I love Star trek!

But you're right, the actor Patrick Stewart is English, and sounds english... But his character Jean Luc Picard in the show is French. :p

On Topic:

Soooo Excited to get my hands on the GNex!

[​IMG]

Hanging out with one of my co-workers before our weekend USAF Reserve Duty.
    He just got the iPhone 4S and I was giving him crap... lol

We Had some fun playing with Siri.

Then, I Told him all bout the GNex... Now he's Jealous.

Edit: My OT part was Ninja'd by Steven58 & Ninjak. :mad::p:D
    OfTheDamned likes this.
  3. tbrindisi

tbrindisi Well-Known Member

You forgot dimensions! We still have no idea how thick the LTE version will be. I don't know how I feel about the "little bit bigger" comment.... I don't want to carry around a brick when the alternative (Razr) is only 7.1mm.
  4. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I thought I heard British in his voice. The character being French does make sense with the name now that I think of it.

I think it is horrible that they make our military dress up like elves. Is it a holiday thing or just budget cuts?
    Steven58 and ASC like this.
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Eh... I'm carrying around the Droid X. Why would I care about dimensions. ;)
  7. Steven58

lol!

Edit: welp.. I'm going to bed. Happy 22k everyone!
  8. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Agreed... seen so many of those... but this one was really good. The need to revise that battery spec, though ;)

Don't I actually get my own avatar in 3 more posts?

I have a good one to use...

One more?

How do I add an avatar?

I'm very excited about no longer being "junior". My mother can now be proud.
  9. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

Bedtime for me, too. Goodnight, gang!
  10. ASC

ASC I'm Shy VIP Member

Off Topic:
    That elf costume would probably be more effective than the current USAF ABU uniform. That was a multi-million+ dollar mistake! Thankfully they're transitioning to Multicam uniforms for deployed personnel.

Trying to think of something on topic to post with this but am drawing a blank. lol :D

At least I've learned to "hide" my off topic stuff so it doesn't get deleted right away hopefully :p
  11. ASC

ASC I'm Shy VIP Member

Off to bed.

G'Night Gnexicans! :D See you in the A.M.

Edit: Congrats on whoever get's 22K. Will this be the first late night milestone we hit?
  12. Steven58

Congrats! Go into user CP (control panel) (top left of any forum page). Click into it, hit edit avatar and the rest is easy. You can only have a certain size. If you want a bigger size, you can become a vip member for 20 bucks and join is in the VIP lounge and schmooze. ;)
  13. OfTheDamned

Well at this rate we won't see 22k tonight.
  14. MMcCraryNJ

MMcCraryNJ Well-Known Member

Oh there's a late night crowd here? I don't feel so alone anymore :)
  15. darejer

OTD... you edited me... must have two more posts to no longer be junior... searching for strength to make it to the finish line... might not make it :p
  16. xs301

xs301 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I don't need a tablet, so anything that fits in my pocket is good for me. It is a great thing the SGN fits! I still can't believe it is coming to Verizon! When I switched service, I never expected Verizon to get a Nexus device. I thought their desire to control everything would never allow it. Now that I think about it, maybe having the iCrap on the network helped. This may have paved the way for Verizon to be more open to not being able to control everything about a device. If so, thank you Crapple!
  17. darejer

Like my Avatar? And yes, that is a GN in his mouth :p
    drbugsmn likes this.
  18. darejer

That's what I'm going to look like when someone tries to touch my GN!
    BabyBlues likes this.
  19. Steven58

nice avatar!
    darejer likes this.
  20. darejer

Thank you, thank you. I stupidly thought that I had to be a "member" to post one. Been waiting for a while until I reached 100 posts:rolleyes:
  21. xs301

xs301 Well-Known Member

Lol. You got your two post. Congratulations!
    darejer likes this.
  22. OfTheDamned

Yea, sorry. Multi posting is ok on occasion, but is generally frowned upon so I needed to merge them all. No hard feelings? ;)

Well, they did it with the OG droid and the Droid Eris. Then came the love of Bing (lord knows why) and the bloatware just expanded from there. I'm hoping that ICS will change that in a lot of ways, although with them knowing that bloat can be shut down, it may entice them to load even more bloat on future phones. Maybe Apple did help this in some way, if so I actually thank them for it.
  23. darejer

Maybe the bloat and extra bloat is actually a good thing if we can now get rid of it. The more bloat that they put, the more storage space they need to put into the phone!
  24. xs301

xs301 Well-Known Member

Was the Eris vanilla android? I thought it wasn't.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.