Last Updated:

1. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

Nice!!! Now nothing will hold me back from making this puppy mine :D:D:D

It better be $299.99

BabyBlues likes this.
  2. nbajam

nbajam Well-Known Member

That's not what it says. It just says Google is in charge of handing out the review units, which isn't unusual for a nexus device.

There's not much point in having an event for something that's already been announced.

Guessing the release date still isn't firm because the phone is still in final testing. Once it passes that, then we should get more official leaks.
  3. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

4. metasin

metasin Well-Known Member

Well that puts my last minor hang-up to rest. 32gb is good news indeed.

Out of curiosity, since this will be my first LTE device, I would assume that the micro vs standard SIM cards are not interchangeable?
  5. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

Great news if legit! :D

The only thing that made me a little wary is the fact that I got a malware warning from my antivirus program when I opened that link. :confused:
  6. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

With it showing signs of being at Costco for $289, I would say $299 or $349. Of course this is all probably after rebates.
  7. kg2128

kg2128 Well-Known Member

Great to see 32gb for the nexus, maybe that will stop a lot of the complaining about no sd card (I'm sure it won't stop all the complaining).
  8. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

Good question. There is a huge difference in size between SD and MicroSD cards. I would assume the same with SIM, but I do not know for fact. That does tell me I most likely won't be using the SIM from my Thunderbolt in the GNex.

I wonder if there is any point in hanging on to the SIM from my Thunderbolt if or when I sell it.
  9. Supposedly it is nothing new for a phone to still be in testing a day or so before launch. The i4 was still being tested a few days before launch I remember reading somewhere.
  10. metasin

metasin Well-Known Member

I would doubt the $349 just because I would assume Google would have addressed preferential pricing in the agreement with Verizon. I believe that Google wants this phone to sell well and I would have to believe that there would be some type of language to prevent Verizon from pricing the phone higher than the other two.

$349 is entirely possible but I would think unlikely it would not have been addressed in any agreement.
  11. Well I can't see it being more than $299 since the map did show it as that and that is what all the LTE high end devices are and they all have atleast 32 gb of storage.
  12. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Now I like to see confirmation on Nexus battery size. Hopefully it's 1850mAh at least.
  13. The high end lte phones I don't think any had a rebate. It was $299 no rebate.
    OfTheDamned likes this.
  14. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

great news, 32gb, bring on the 17th!!!!
  15. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Costco usually puts only $10~20 rebate on the new released phones. $50 or bigger rebates only come after a few months. So I think it's $299 for two years contract on verizon.
  16. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

If it drops on the 17th I will be there in line at 5am.
  17. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

I have faith in Steven's source of info saying there was a bump in the battery spec to 1850. Not official by any means, but I'm optimistically assuming 1850. If it's updated in the OP, it must be true, right? :D
  18. timetoroot

timetoroot Well-Known Member

I have been considering my coverage options as well. Why do you like Squaretrade better? I looked at Squaretrade per your recommendation and the cost is the same as Assurion but does not cover theft or loss as does Assurion. The deductible for Squartrade is double. Accidental damage is only covered with an additional cost where as it is included with Assurion. The only advantage I saw was a higher replacement value of $600.

Not arguing with you just may have missed something that you may be aware of.
  19. I would hope it is atleast 1800mah since that is what is in the stratosphere. If nothing else maybe that battery will fit in the nexus if it does only ship with a 1750 mah battery.
  20. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

how are those of you who bought the incredible on open day upgrading already? i bought a 1 year contract with mine but are there really that many people who bought the phone at full retail?
  21. aimetti

aimetti Well-Known Member

Well that pretty much confirms it for me. Time to buy 4s to sell for unsubsidized SGN (for ATT)
  22. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

I doubt very much there will be any kind of a line for this phone.
    jmar and redraider1 like this.
  23. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

He's been wrong before. He had some specs wrong because he was working with an early pre-production model, and of course the 11/3 release date. No one's fault of course, things just change.

There has been multiple reports of a larger battery though, so I think it's a lock.
  24. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

I forget now -- have we already covered whether this device is expected to do simultaneous voice & data over 3G, like the Thunderbolt? (Under 4G coverage I assume is a given?)
  25. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have too much faith in that dudes "leaks", he hasn't really supplied any kind of solid info that hasn't already been leaked elsewhere.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.