***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Agree most likely won't be a line. It isn't an iphone I can't remember any android launch that had a line.

Advertisement
    jmar likes this.
  2. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

You've got options. Sell your phone and offset the cost of full retail. Use a flip flop upgrade with another line on a family plan.

I've heard a LOT of folks talking about paying full retail for the SGN though. Surprises me. I'd never pay $600+ for a phone, no matter how smart it is. $299 is hard enough to justify to the wife ;)
    Travillion likes this.
  3. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

Really? I was thinking of showing up about a half hour before the store opens. When the Thunderbolt launched I was there an hour early and there were maybe 10 of us waiting by the time they opened the doors. This was in Clearwater, Florida. I expected there would be a bigger turnout for GNex, being first with ICS. But then again, Tbolt was first with 4G and there wasn't really a crowd gathered for it...at least in Clearwater.
  4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

This is good news... not that we didn't already know it, mind you. ;) The Source SAID SO! ;)

32 gb... a modding I will go.. a modding I will goooooooooo
    Hiyo the dairy-o a modding I will goooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (note the octave jump on the final note. :p)
  5. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

I think the reason you have no lines for android phones is there are like 10 new ones releasing every month. Over saturation. Iphone comes out once a year-among other reasons. But then again Nexus is once a year too. People just aren't familiar with it.
    Travillion likes this.
  6. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

I want to see it in score, Steven.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  7. That and most preorder their phones so they don't have to wait in line. I mean with having so many choices that cuts down some of the lines also.
  8. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Well crap, now you're making me think I better be there when the door opens. Man I would hate to get up that early :eek:
  9. aimetti

aimetti Well-Known Member

What are the chances of amazon selling an unsubsidized gsm version?
  10. They already have some listed.
  11. Steven58

OP updated with link to training materials!

Go Nutz!
    nexus15, Stigy, lennydude and 12 others like this.
  12. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Well-Known Member

I'm using my last annual upgrade for being the main account on the plan.

I think that is how most people are upgrading or they have multiple lines that are upgrade eligible every other year.
  13. aimetti

14. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

That's what I think. If it's 1850mAh, Nexus will do just fine on battery I think. The absence of custom UI like Sense, Blur is big advantage and ICS probably has better power/task management that also helps with battery.
  15. Not sure you would have to check.
  16. aimetti

Ya nothing on there now. Maybe on 17th i guess. We shall see
  17. Steven58

Let's get this right. My source said that the fone he/she tested in the summertime was 1850. Then another source said they bumped a minor spec. My source said he/she expected it was the battery back up to 1850 but didn't know. The other source wouldn't confirm it. Later on that second source did confirm that the tweak was the battery.

Bottom line: vz prolly has the bigger battery.

Funny story. The source (not THE source) who let me know that there was a spec tweak wouldn't tell me what it was at first. Days later, I noticed that he/she mentioned on a certain social network that he/she was drunk. I seized the moment and asked what battery they had. They said 1850 and that it used to be 1750. SCORE.

Don't say I never done did anything for yiz.
    rpretzel, nexus15, Stigy and 20 others like this.
  18. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

I am planning on getting to the store an hour and a half before it opens. I was thinking two hours but...that is a lot of waiting lol
  19. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

Watching Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel. Every set of commercials has a Droid Razr. Every time YUCK
  20. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

Ill just be there at 9 30 am and take my chances.
  21. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I suppose I'll show up 20-30 minutes before they open. Maybe they'll feel sorry for me and let me in early ;)
  22. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

Not likely,Try crying.
    callmeox likes this.
  23. dakster

dakster Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by The_Chief
    I suppose I'll show up 20-30 minutes before they open. Maybe they'll feel sorry for me and let me in early

Or practice the eyes. It's all about the eyes.

[​IMG]
    The_Chief likes this.
  24. darkestred

darkestred Well-Known Member

Is it just me or 100mah doesnt really mean much. How come everyone is hoping for an extra 100? I'd rather see 2000 vs 1850.
  25. Because any bump in battery is a good thing. I just want it to make it through a work day and ill be happy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.