***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2011-12-15 17:55:59
  1. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Good God get a room already :D

Advertisement
    rhietpas, drbugsmn, Namrak and 4 others like this.
  2. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

3. xs301

xs301 Well-Known Member

I can feel it. We're getting closer!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  4. josephnwhite

josephnwhite Active Member

I am going to get my Nexus from RadioShack unless there is some loophole I haven't found. They are offering all Verizon phones for $100 off with new or upgraded 2 year contract. I spoke to a rep there and he said the only phone excluded is the iDoesn't and every Android has been discounted from release day on.

I have a $50 loyalty discount from Verizon as well which I'll try to stack on top of that, but I'm not sure if they'll let me.

RadioShack Wireless | Save on Smartphones Cell Phones & Phone Plans
    Stigy, rhietpas, rsb148 and 2 others like this.
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Whoooo hooo! Donuts for Early on Steven!

OK, OK - bagels but extra creme cheese.

Mmmmm - bagels with Deerfield cheese... :)

You deserved ever word I said, ya lovable knucklehead! :D

ftfy! :)

BTW - OTD's on your CC for the third one. :D
    OfTheDamned likes this.
  6. tswany11

tswany11 Member

Is that online, in store, or both?
  7. They wont let you add the $50. The 100 promo was short time not sure if its still going on.
  8. Dubbin1

Man I hope they have them in the store for that price.
  9. timetoroot

timetoroot Well-Known Member

I just called RadioShack and they said you can't combine their $100 rebate with any other offers through Verizon :(
  10. josephnwhite

josephnwhite Active Member

When I talked to the rep the discount was available in store and he said they were renewing it on a monthly basis. That link says it is still going, so it should be going through November at least. That just leaves the question of when they will get stock of the Nexus and how much.
    Dubbin1 likes this.
  11. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Would you lose your unlimited data plan if you renewed through Radio Shack?
  12. ryknoll3

ryknoll3 Active Member

I was intrigued by the Radio Shack deal, but I am upgrading on a annual upgrade, not an NE2. Radio Shack's system (as well as Amazon) doesn't recognize the annual upgrade as being eligible. Their upgrade check still tells me February (when my NE2 comes up). I don't think I'll be able to use the Shack.
  13. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Bionic appears to be missing from their page. Maybe the Shack is holding it back for awhile? So maybe the GN will be held back.
  14. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

I got an e-mail about the $100 off, and it says it's only good through November 5th, i.e. today :( Might have something else going on the 17th though...

I don't know why you would.
  15. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

RadioShack was supposedly labeling the Bionic as "unsellable" recently. According to the articles I read, they were to be removed from their shelves. Nothing I read had any details on what actually made it unsellable for them, whether it was a contractual deal, perceived hardware problem, or something else entirely.

Edit: Source
  16. Maybe all the issues they are pulling it from the shelf in favor of the razr.
  17. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Your wallet :eek:

I kid, ladies :)
  18. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

You play your cards right, that's got win-win all over it.

:D
    K-West and zx10droid like this.
  19. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

There was many many lines across the country for the Droid X launch. The line at the particular store I was at had over 130 people in it.
  20. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Joe,

The Radio Shack salesman I spoke with today said that the discount ends when the new phones come out. Perhaps he's just pulling my leg to get a sale, I don't know, but I thought you should know that.
  21. Still nothing like an iphone launch or anything that most places did not have enough stock for. I mean the 4s has been out weeks and is still backordered.
  22. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Nope. However, you can only "upgrade" at a reseller if you are eligible. If not, then there's not much a reseller can do.

My official upgrade date is Mar 2012, but I'm eligible for an early upgrade from Verizon. But I have to go through Verizon to get that, unless someone knows a way around that.
  23. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Anyone know if I "upgrade at full price" will I lose my unlimited data? Does upgrading full price turn your contract into a month to month?
  24. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Game time kiddos! Good luck to both parties may the best team prevail! ;)
    Cam likes this.
  25. Dubbin1

Nope, it wont effect your original contract at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.