• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clear this ordeal up. P3Droid was doing a parody on the other poem and tweeted that he was joking about the whole 10,000 followers thing but that the poem did contain real info. He's a bit dramatic with his news, but he has very good sources.

Just caught this article from a Tweet:

Samsung releases 1.5GHz Exynos processor and 16MP CMOS for mobiles, if you're nice -- Engadget

A special customer will be receiving these in Q4...hmmmm...could it be? Hey...this is a speculation thread so why not? :)

p.s. I know that the new exynos processor was linked a couple of pages back. The 16MP cmos is new news though...

Thanks for clearing that up! I just wish we had something concrete and new.

Well, at least we're in October, everybody! I can't believe we've made it this far without at least a couple of flaming, bannable rants. :p

Upvote 0
Thanks for clearing that up! I just wish we had something concrete and new.

Well, at least we're in October, everybody! I can't believe we've made it this far without at least a couple of flaming, bannable rants. :p

Speaking of rants, the folks here are far more and better behaved than those of us who were involved in the epoch Incredible thread. Just sayin'. :p

Upvote 0
Just a note. If the NP did happen to come with bloat and or TouchWiz on it that is all pretty irrelevant as long as its unlocked. So the whole bloat convo really doesn't even hold water for me.

Totally. But, I would more appreciate the gesture of providing us with a stock device. It's symbolic I guess. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe for a fraction of a second that Verizon would have some altruistic motive for doing so. I just feel like it would be a good way for Verizon to say that they are listening to a small, but important group of customers.

Upvote 0
Totally. But, I would more appreciate the gesture of providing us with a stock device. It's symbolic I guess. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe for a fraction of a second that Verizon would have some altruistic motive for doing so. I just feel like it would be a good way for Verizon to say that they are listening to a small, but important group of customers.

If companies listened to a small but important group of customers, I'd still be able to buy Mickey Mouse bars at the grocery store. :p

Reactions: ryoung19
Upvote 0
this is Verizon we are talking about. Awesome Android phones are not synonomous with them. We get table scraps while the other carriers enjoy 4 course meals.

Upvote 0
You sound like me a la 1 week ago.

October 11, CK! October 11!! You'll get so much food you'll feel sorry for the other 3 carriers' customers.
I'll never feel sorry for the other carriers lol. They already are loaded with TONS of stellar Android hardware. If your prediction is right we will only have 1 great one :) No feeling sorry

I always forget though. We have the iPhone I shouldn't complain :p

Upvote 0
Can you poem interpreters do your magic and tell me what this means? LOL
It means Paul is dead. Or the walrus was Paul. Or Paul is a dead walrus.
I hate to say it but my Charge is a great phone rooted with a custom ROM.
Yeah it is. Besides, hopping up a Honda is more fun than a Vette, right?
A sucky Prime is extremely hard to imagine at this point in the game, but if it did suck, I can't see myself waiting that long for the Note. It's an awesome phone, but it just hit FCC for AT&T, is not expected until early next year (probably January), and who knows when or if it's coming to Verizon.
Good points all.

Upvote 0
CTIA 10/11 will be held not so far from where I live in North county of San Diego. I was thinking of attending it to see Nexus Prime myself, but just figured that admission ticket for public is over 1000 dollars! I will just watch it over online video news.

The exhibit pass starts at $75. That should get you in right? Although, if you're about to drop a few hundred on a phone, tacking on another 75 bucks might be a bit much.

Upvote 0
The exhibit pass starts at $75. That should get you in right? Although, if you're about to drop a few hundred on a phone, tacking on another 75 bucks might be a bit much.

That's exhibits pass for member (85 for non member). I was looking at partner events that needs expensive super pass. Not sure if I can get into that Samsung/Google event with only exhibit pass. If so, that's great!

Upvote 0
This guy appears to have a picture of it.

LINK

this can't be the nexus prime... u can cleary see Samsung's Touch Wiz-UI and the prime will have stock android ICS without any launcher/UI/...

also omap 4460 seems a bit unlikely... as we all know there are some problems with the new OMAP 4-Soc... the new exynos 4212-soc seems more likely

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones