• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic :p : do we know anything about the speaker on the speakerphone? Like if it gets nice and loud w/o crackle?

yea, it seems like it's nice that it has 32 geebees and all, but how clear is the receiver? does the person on the other end hear echo? does it get good reception, assuming major verizon covered metropolitan area? does it switch from 3g to 4g well?

Reactions: EarlyMon and jbdan
Upvote 0
yea, it seems like it's nice that it has 32 geebees and all, but how clear is the receiver? does the person on the other end hear echo? does it get good reception, assuming major verizon covered metropolitan area? does it switch from 3g to 4g well?

As interested as I am on those, I am not too concerned. My ns had good sound quality, and samsung has already made a 4g LTE device to learn from. Also, after having a samsung nexus device, I know google has a major say in quality, and function. Therefore not too concerned. Other than speaker I guess.

Upvote 0

Those questions won't get answered until after launch day. I have the same list of demands, among others. But again we won't know until it's actually released.

Upvote 0
P3 indicating Nexus won't avoid all the bloat...

@P3Droid: Newest VZW Nexus Build has a minimal amount of bloat, like 3 apps.. The rest of it is stock..stock launcher etc.
@P3Droid: new build includes MyVZW, & VZW Backup <---- anyone use those apps?

I use back up assistant for some of my contacts. I will not care if it has those apps as long as it doesn't slow updates which I dont think it will since the sprint nexus s has some sprint apps on it and still updates come from google.

Upvote 0

@P3Droid: Newest VZW Nexus Build has a minimal amount of bloat, like 3 apps.. The rest of it is stock..stock launcher etc.

Is that possible?

No I don't know any1 who uses any vz apps

Edit: well redraider does.... :)

Upvote 0

1 bloateare app and I will be disappointed...but ill live, as long as its on verizon

Upvote 0

Remember, with ICS we will most likely be able to remove those apps and never see them if we want! :D

Reactions: tpags and drbugsmn
Upvote 0
I use back up assistant for some of my contacts. I will not care if it has those apps as long as it doesn't slow updates which I dont think it will since the sprint nexus s has some sprint apps on it and still updates come from google.

Same here. I actually like VZ Backup Assistant. I had an incident where my mother was deleted from my contacts. Gmail contacts deleted it too after syncing overnight, but was recoverable through backup assistant.

Upvote 0
What is going on with this LSU - Alabama game? I thought it was supposed to be a meeting of the Titans?

YOU

Bama's kicking game is weak 3 missed field goals? It is a clash of the titans and isn't going to be a high score game when you have the #1 and #3 overall defenses.

GUYS

It's not looking that way to me. It's on at the bar and There's a lot of unhappy men due to this.

ARE

What a fight awesome game pure defense! They are both Titans indeed feels like watching an NFL game

JUST

Fantastic game!

Somebody's O Has Got to Goooooo!

PADDING

I know which one I am hoping for!

YOUR POST COUNTS!!

Saw this posted earlier on the thread: Up close and personal with HD SuperAMOLED | Android Central Thanks for that.

Just wanted to say, isn't the screen fuhgorgeous? That was one of my concerns...I believe this puts that to bed.

(Mags wipes away tears of joy.)

Posted it on the last page, but stuff moves so fast you wouldn't necessarily know that. Second time's a charm! ;)

You need to stop. They are going to think your kidding.

LOL... Ok.. I'm gonna let it out of the bag. OTD is really a sweet, sweet person.

I agree. I have been on a lot of forums and didn't want to actively post here. So I lurked for a long time and just started posting after seeing what a great job is done here. Not to mention the overall civility by most members! I applaud everyone, especially Steve as he leads by example!

Steven's head get's big(ger). :p Thank you! :)

Reactions: drbugsmn
Upvote 0
Same here. I actually like VZ Backup Assistant. I had an incident where my mother was deleted from my contacts. Gmail contacts deleted it too after syncing overnight, but was recoverable through backup assistant.

My gmail account got hacked and I was locked out so i had to make a new account and luckily i had backup assistant with all my contacts which was a life saver.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones