1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theshape

Theshape Well-Known Member

Still up. Turn back your clocks an hour yet peeps?
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Eesh, just wasted all my prework time this morning catching up. Some great stuff you guys talk about in here. I thought I'd share another completely off topic story.
    The wife and I went to a Halloween 2 party last night (hey, Monday doesn't work for a party night, eh?). The host sets up this game for folks to play she calls Chat Roulette Bingo. Basically you get on the aforementioned site and you have a list of items to accomplish. Let's say the majority are very far from even "NSFW"! :eek:
    Ton of fun though and we talked to this really nice fellow from Norway who had a friggin mask with him at his computer, weird. :rolleyes:
    Hope you 9-5ers enjoy the day spent here, but I'll be at work.
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Umm.....yeah I forgot to change my freakin clock back last night so here I sit at 6:20, oops scratch that 5:20!! catching up on the thread. I could have watched the end of the LSU/Bama epicness last night.

Anyway so ehhh...good morning Gnexers, lol.
  4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Welcome to the nutZhouse modster good to have you aboard ;)

Good morning and good day to you all

11 days!
  5. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

Good morning, all. One day closer.
    harpua likes this.
  6. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

I think I get 25%?
  7. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Are we there yet.
  8. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

You could always go the medically induced coma route and have them revive you a day before the release :D
  9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

My luck they'd wake we up a day LATE and all Verizon has left are RAZRs and Fruit phones :eek:
  10. xzero425x

xzero425x Well-Known Member

Slowly and slowly getting more excited :D

Any word on the battery life of this yet? thats my biggest concern
  11. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Or a year late, and your account is closed and you lose unlimited data!!:eek::eek:

But by then we'll have eyePhone and Android eyePhone knock-offs ;)
    [​IMG]
  12. The_Chief

SHUT UP!
    I don't even have nightmares that bad!

You know, that'd make a great plot for a tech geek horror movie :p
    Ytram likes this.
  13. The_Chief

Speaking of nightmares and horror movies, did I accurately read somewhere a couple of pages back that Verizon is adding VZW apps and My Backup to Nexus?

I don't want ANYTHING of or related to Verizon on this phone except its service! :(
  14. Travillion

Travillion Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the implications are for the VZW G-Nex using the micro SIM instead of standard SIM? Obviously size is an improvement, but what about function? Better battery life? Better 3G/4G switching?
  15. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Honestly, with the apps they're putting on there, I can understand VZW requiring it. They need to have a consistent support approach for all of their phones, and the VZW Backup app is one of those things they use to support their customers. I don't use it personally, but I'll just remove it.

If we have any hope of a Nexus being more of a mainstream phone, then we've gotta allow some concessions to allow support of the mainstream customers.

Besides, we'll be able to disable or root and remove them, so it's all good in Nexus-land. And updates still come directly from Google.

I highly doubt the size of the SIM card affects network or battery performance. I'm sure it's just part of the continuing miniaturization of phones.
  16. The_Chief

No downside apparently, just smaller form factors for our phones:

What's the big deal about the microSIM? - Phones - CNET Asia

Which is good in itself :)
    Travillion likes this.
  17. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

I'm pathetic. I had a chance to fly to Hong Kong and Bangkok next week, but I turned it down so I could be in the US on Nov 17th.
  18. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

In preparation for my SGN, I've installed the Tron Legacy theme on Go Launcher Ex. I must say I'm getting excited!
  19. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

:eek:

Wow. Hope the 17th is legit, for your sake! (Although I'm sure it is.)
  20. CaptainRon

Well, I'm sure I won't be the only one disappointed if the 17th isn't legit!
  21. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

Wow dude. A phone is not worth that much... SMH
    Is that trip transferable lol
  22. CaptainRon

Hong Kong and Bangkok are nice, but they'll still be there after the 17th. It's not like going there was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. It's my job.
  23. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

Lucky $^%$@%^& :mad:
  24. harpua

harpua Well-Known Member

me going to love my SGN LONG TIME.
    BabyBlues, Karuk and CaptainRon like this.
  25. CaptainRon

Yes I am. But on the other side of the coin, instead of enjoying myself in the orient, I'll be spending time in that great tourist location - Lagos, Nigeria.:p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.