***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I actually like sense and motoblur widgets... I like sense better through. The Vigor will be in contention for me.

Advertisement
  2. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Is she a go'er?,...... does she go? nudge, nudge, know what I mean?
  3. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Well-Known Member

I have an Inspire 4G. Sense is not really bad. I like it, for the most part. Mostly the widgets and the music app. Still, I'd prefer a stock device. I've always prefered stock android. The mere presence of Blur made me steer clear of the Atrix.
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i agree with Steven on this. Its between the Vigor and the Nexus whatever for me.

On a side note....if and when we get some official facts and all that for the Nexus and its what i want. I'm going to take off of work on release day just to get in line and then have all day to play :)
  5. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that Verizon will get a re-branded SGSII-HD, just a name change to Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy Prime.
  6. Steven58

I may wait to see the video reviews.
  7. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head..
    - Automatic text reflowing when you pinch zoom on a web page
    - Power widgets in the notification area (wifi, bluetooth, data, etc)

There are many many more. Stock is boring to many, just not many on these forums.
    sgtmilstack and Steven58 like this.
  8. DCNATS1

DCNATS1 Well-Known Member

Right now I'm leaning towards the Vigor solely based on the story I read here on Phandroid (9/28) last week stating the Prime will have the "Pentile" screen. I've seen some pretty horrific stories around here about the Pentile so I don't want to be stuck. I have seen conversations here also where most folks think the the higher HD resolution will make up for the Pentile and make it virtually unnoticeable, is this most of your feelings? I really want the Prime I'm just afraid I'll notice the "fence effect" one time and I'll see it all over the place from that point forward!
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    dr01d3tte likes this.
  9. jrob007

jrob007 Well-Known Member

I too am watching both the prime and the vigor. At least, for now. Although the bigger focus for me is the screen. I read a lot on my phone, so the way text looks is very important to me. I want a bigger screen, but clarity and crispness more important. It will have to be a pretty great screen to get me to suffer with pentile.

I can always put a vanilla ICS rom on, changing the screen is harder.
  10. vandyman

Thats all fine and dandy if your young with 20/20 eye site.
    most people will not notice the difference, like me.;)
    DCNATS1 likes this.
  11. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Well, since there hasn
    DCNATS1 and huskerkate like this.
  12. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

I for one would never get HTC android. They got the worst battery life, weak reception. I don't like their sticking with Qualcomm snapdragon either. On top of that the major security hole in Sense made headlines on today's IT news and unfortunately iFans will use this to trash talk on entire android phone. But Samsung makes best display, camera, processor on their own and is also open to other processors (Qualcomm, nVidia, TI) in their phone.
  13. bldgengineer

bldgengineer Well-Known Member

I'll be happy to finally get an announcement so that we can start focusing on what matters...the phone!
  14. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Agreed. I had an HTC phone and would never buy one again.
  15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

That
  16. Steven58

That probably explains why I have no idea what folks are talking about when they complain about the pentile screen. My son has a D3 and it looks great to me. Of course, I need reading glasses at my age, so there you have it.

Very good points. The battery life is awful. My wife and daughter have the Incredible. That's why I bought them the HTC Evo battery. It fits and it has more mAh's.

The security thing is true. I'm looking at what that means to me. I didn't see the issue with snapdragon, though. It's very perky on my family's Dincs. Of course, that's the only HTC I know.
  17. DCNATS1

DCNATS1 Well-Known Member

I had a great experience with HTC and my Incredible which I loved, I also had a not so great experience with HTC, with the Thunderbolt, so I know what you mean about the battery life. But the Incredible did show me HTC knows how to make a nice phone, the question now is can they repeat it? I hear what you're saying about Samsung, I actually was lucky enough to have Verizon replace my Thunderbolt (after 4 refurbs) with a new Charge and the couple of days I got to use it were great! At that point my wife decided she liked it and it was confiscated by her for her use. I was then delegated her IPhone 4, basically I had to sell my soul as this was the only way I was going to be able to get the Prime or the Vigor. As I mentioned I would really rather have the Prime but I've seen SO many complaints here and on the Bionic board about the Pentile screens I do not want to deal with that.
  18. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

Wait till it's released before passing judgement on the screen. There's no point worrying about it now... :D
    DCNATS1 likes this.
  19. racerxe24

racerxe24 Well-Known Member

Personally, I would not own another HTC device again either. For all the reasons listed in the above posts. I have been a pretty loyal Motorola owner with the OG Droid and the DX. They are both solid phones and the most important part works. The phone part. They get great reception and call quality. I know I know, locked bootloader. That is why I want to move on the the Prime and see if Samsung has but a PHONE on par with Motorola. I know Sammy does everything else right, except for that GPS thing.... :~)
  20. vandyman

As far as the screen goes for me. I need something that has a minimal glare darn the day and something that is not to bright in the dark.

For me pixels and picture quality only really count when I am watching a movie on a flat screen tv.
  21. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I agree with most of what you said, including the part about Moto
  22. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

I agree that Moto is strong on phone part (reception, call quality). But they are lacking in screen, camera departments where Samsung excels. I think battery life is comparable between Moto and Samsung. Moto is second in my preferred brand after samsung, but Droid Razar is somewhat underwhelming with qHD screen, the same OMAP 4430 as in Bionic, a tiny step from Bionic.
  23. daygo718

daygo718 Well-Known Member

I would be perfectly fine with this. The SGS2 HD LTE is an upgrade over the SGS2 that many of us wanted to begin with. Just looking at the different comments on this thread as to what people like or don't like, it is clear that nothing that is announced on the 11th will please everyone. Some people really want a skin (TW, Sense, Blur). Others want vanilla android. For me, if "all we get" are the specs of the SGSII HD LTE, whether it has TW or not, I will be pretty happy.
    Sandroidfan likes this.
  24. daygo718

daygo718 Well-Known Member

I won't go so far to day I will never buy an HTC phone again, but the one big complaint I have with my DInc has been poor battery life. I'm not sure how Samsung fares in this department, but it can't be worse than HTC.
  25. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Battery life and horrid call quality are both enough for me to say never.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.