• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a range Antimony! I sing 2nd tenor but am comfortable with baritone. My bread and buttah though is on my Strat

Haha, yeah I am a natural Baritone, but after my 4th year someone joked about me singing a different part every year, and I took it as a challenge to do it. Bass II was a stretch, but a managed to pull it off.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Don't know it. I am a new convert to the nerd community. Lol.

Star Trek episode. Guy in pic has lived thousands of years, from ancient Greek times. Can't stand losing women to age, so he builds a robot, Rayna. Catch is she doesn't know she's a robot, until she goes into the secret room, and finds her 15 previous failed models. She's Rayna 16.

Hence EarlyMon's reference to Stephen58 being better than Stephen57, Stephen56, etc.

Upvote 0
That is something I pondered when I seen my 1st SGN hands on video. They peel it off. Perhaps he can feel it flexing inward on spaces behind it?

I have one of the new ultra thin, highly flexible back covers on my 3vo. At first I was convinced it was cheap junk that would break easily.

Nope. It's just great, and on the phone feels somehow more solid than the old thick covers. In fact, before, I always felt a cover - now it just feels completely solid.

I'm projecting that expectation here.

Don't forget, I'm a hobby geek, not a real geek. I'm a Juilliard trained opera singer. I can throw terms on you guys that would YOUR head spin. ;)

Internal consistency test 63-75241v, passed.

Reactions: sophocles
Upvote 0
Haha, yeah I am a natural Baritone, but after my 4th year someone joked about me singing a different part every year, and I took it as a challenge to do it. Bass II was a stretch, but a managed to pull it off.

I was always a tenor/baritone, have a degree in Music Business and then after College decided I didn't want to sing...now I'm a triathlon coach...kinda similar...(not really at all) but need to have good lungs! :cool:

Upvote 0
At least discussing the eagles is slightly on topic. You never know when they are going to show up either.
As a HUGE Eagles fan, I LOL'd with that one.

Not a big fan of this team though. They've got some talent, but Vick is a complete mistake. He's not a good QB, plus all the other issues. Andy Reid seems only able to coach with two weeks to prepare (11-0 after the bye).

Not that into football at all this year. Glad the Eagles humiliated Dallas, because that just warmed my heart, but as for the rest of the season, they can fall apart for all I care. The worse they do, the more I move up in the Season Ticket wait list, so I'm also slightly biased.

Upvote 0
Don't forget, I'm a hobby geek, not a real geek. I'm a Juilliard trained opera singer. I can throw terms on you guys that would YOUR head spin. ;)

What?? *can't tell if Steven is pulling our legs*

nice try...member of android forums since 2010 lol

Member yes. But that was only to be part of the DInc ordered vs ship date thread. Didn't root my phone or even know what that was till this summer. :p

Star Trek episode. Guy in pic has lived thousands of years, from ancient Greek times. Can't stand losing women to age, so he builds a robot, Rayna. Catch is she doesn't know she's a robot, until she goes into the secret room, and finds her 15 previous failed models. She's Rayna 16.

Hence EarlyMon's reference to Stephen58 being better than Stephen57, Stephen56, etc.

Thanks. Never saw any Star Trek or Star Wars or most of the 'classic' movies

Upvote 0
Basically he means your trial by fire mod training hasn't blown up in their face so far. i.e. You're doing a good job newbie ;) haha, j/k, but seriously I would have to agree, you may be the good cop, but you are still a cop.

If you are "Still a cop" You are in good company.

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0
oh wow, lots of singers here. I'm not sure if what I do can be called singing quite yet, but I'm learning. Been at piano for 11 years, thats my main thing. I'm only a high school junior though, not sure if I wan't to go to a music college. I've just started getting paying solo gig's and making decent recordings of my own songs, so I'm pretty excited with how my musical life is going. We should make a Gnexers band. 4g is definitely fast enough for us to play together over the internet

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
So this "web only" thing has me a bit concerned. If it's "web only" does that mean I can't call VZW to order it?

My wife is a current VZW customer, and being that we just got married recently, I'm with AT&T. I want to join her on VZW with a family plan, bring my AT&T phone number with me, and get GNexes for both of us (she's eligible for an upgrade). I'm not sure I'll be able to do all that online...

I also want to make sure I get my order in as soon as they're accepting orders, so as not to get screwed by these rumored supply problems.

Can any VZW veterans or employees let me know whether or not I need to worry about the GNex being allegedly available "web-only?"

Upvote 0
So with the dual core and aluminum frame, how much heat do you think this thing will generate when really taxed? Any of you folks that started out with the Eris remember the attempts to mount a coin in the battery cover to dissipate the heat? Just thinking of some of the mods that might come out for this awesome device.

Fwiw - my dual core runs smoother and faster while doing more work and stays cooler than my previous single cores.

That said, max it out with intense gaming or the like and will get good and warm. By that point you're running past what you would have on your old phone tho.

Until we know, I would say the heat generator to watch for would be the 4G radio and whatever battery stress running it entails.

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0
As a HUGE Eagles fan, I LOL'd with that one.

Not a big fan of this team though. They've got some talent, but Vick is a complete mistake. He's not a good QB, plus all the other issues. Andy Reid seems only able to coach with two weeks to prepare (11-0 after the bye).

Not that into football at all this year. Glad the Eagles humiliated Dallas, because that just warmed my heart, but as for the rest of the season, they can fall apart for all I care. The worse they do, the more I move up in the Season Ticket wait list, so I'm also slightly biased.

Apparently you haven't seen Vick play much the last year. I used to hate him, and hated the fact Reid brought him in. But the last year he has been as good as Donovan ever was (who was always underrated with the trash offensive line Reid has always assembled). Vick isn't perfect, but he is way better then the Atlanta version and no other QB in the league would be able to deal with this trash O line.

I'm just happy as a pig in you know what that McCoy is getting over 25 carries a game. Though after the Eagles lost to the league/ref's favorite NY team Reid said McCoy carried the ball too much even though he was the only reason the game was close.

But this team won't win the only game that matter until Reid and Banner are gone. Too many high round draft pick busts. Bad game management. Bad play calling. Bad assistant coaching choices. Defenses that rely on blitzing (except this year... but they still suck).

Frustrated beyond belief, gold standard my butt.

Upvote 0
In case anyone missed it, P3 posted side-by-side comparisons of the Bionic, GNex, and Charge.

8a3jg.jpg

He also posted a picture of the new GTalk app. Looks super nice.

bxhjns.jpg

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/p3droid

Upvote 0
So I went into the Razr store, I mean Verizon to play with the Razr.....OMG its a sexy sexy phone. I can't believe how light it was. Although the phone was dead and they tried to use several different plugs but nothing was giving it a charge....hope that's not a sign on a bad charger thingy-ma-bob.

I walked out of there singing in my head:
I touched a Razr, and I liked it....the touch of it's kevlar backing
It felt so right, it felt so wrong............

oh good lord the things these phones are doing to us

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones