• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Early, does this mean you're not buying a GNex? Sorry if I missed that point before.

No way I'm giving up my Evo 3D - it just works, it's everything I wanted it to be and more. (Srsly - it is a _great_ phone and ridiculously underrated.)

But - I'm getting tired of just having one phone for work and personal - so I'm trying to look for my work phone.

The Motorola Photon 4G was looking good - but just at the point they finally came out with a worthwhile world phone - I'd decided to lay off the international travel - half year away from home every year - ah, enough is enough.

So - I thought why not check out what's happening on VZW again? I've been on all the big US carriers.

I was pretty sure I was going with the RAZR at one point - it's a tough call, honestly, the RAZR has a lot going for it, too.

So, my final choice will be governed by a combination of first-hand feedback from the owners of each and what sort of deals I can snag for what on Verizon.

Reactions: red66charger
Upvote 0
I don't know how much more of this waiting I can take.... I have a factory reset deactivated Bionic, an extra battery, a desktop cradle and a car charger sitting in a box. I can send em back to VZW RIGHT NOW and do a straight up swap for any phone I want, plus matching accessories.

Resisting the Razr is easy for me, after the Bionic I am done with Moto.

Buutttt......... if we dont hear SOMETHING official and confirmed SOON, I may just have to call up my VZW rep and tell her to send me the ReZound.... :( :(

• I know I would regret it
  • I know the battery life would be terrible (although I would get a 2nd battery at least)
  • I know if I hang in there, the Nexus will come out eventually, right? RIGHT????
Now granted, VZW has never actually GIVEN a release date, so I guess it's not fair to say the Nexus is being "delayed" or "pushed back", but all these rumors and alleged release dates have to be coming from SOMEWHERE and I don't want to be "Bionic'ed" once again.....

Tryin to stay strong, but if we stay here at the bottom of the roller coaster through Monday, I'm afraid of what I might do to myself...... like swapping out this Bionic for a ReZound........:eek:

Upvote 0
Are you afraid of what people will see you looking at??;)

Guess I was a litle slow on this, thats what I get for not keeping up on my drive home. lol

Lol. I know there was a request for the innuendos to go away and I promise you that I was making one I also have valid concerns about my daughter being able to read some things more clearly. She is VERY curious and even just regular emails and such might now be big enough for her to see.

Ok, ok! LOL! Mind you, the RAZR's unadvertised "space heater" feature isn't something I need in a phone. :D

:)

Upvote 0
I've seen a couple of these kind of articles in the past few days... I hope Google, Samsung and Verizon are getting the message.

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the launch that could have been | Android and Me

And sadly - that's a very good article.

Last week, I see a YouTube - with excitement - for the Gnex on a daytime news-like show.

This week - um... this week...

Worse thing that article did was to somehow remind me that the Nexus S came out in December last year. :(

Hey Android makers and carriers - marketing - it's not just a good idea, in some places, it's the law!

Upvote 0
I don't know how much more of this waiting I can take.... I have a factory reset deactivated Bionic, an extra battery, a desktop cradle and a car charger sitting in a box. I can send em back to VZW RIGHT NOW and do a straight up swap for any phone I want, plus matching accessories.

Resisting the Razr is easy for me, after the Bionic I am done with Moto.

Buutttt......... if we dont hear SOMETHING official and confirmed SOON, I may just have to call up my VZW rep and tell her to send me the ReZound.... :( :(

• I know I would regret it
  • I know the battery life would be terrible (although I would get a 2nd battery at least)
  • I know if I hang in there, the Nexus will come out eventually, right? RIGHT????
Now granted, VZW has never actually GIVEN a release date, so I guess it's not fair to say the Nexus is being "delayed" or "pushed back", but all these rumors and alleged release dates have to be coming from SOMEWHERE and I don't want to be "Bionic'ed" once again.....

Tryin to stay strong, but if we stay here at the bottom of the roller coaster through Monday, I'm afraid of what I might do to myself...... like swapping out this Bionic for a ReZound........:eek:

Stay strong. Yes, we are on a roller coaster. Yes, the rumor mill has been quite cruel to us. BUT you're point that we were never given an actual date is 100% valid and true which means that while we all hope for it on the 10th, 17th or even 21st - we don't know yet. AND you said yourself, if you get the Re.... you're going to end up regretting it. Sure, HTC makes nice phones (IMHO), but you know that the battery is in question and that getting ICS could take 'a while' .
Stay with us here in the loony bin. Don't check out AMA (against mass agony). We'll see each other through. :D

Reactions: bradm77 and dyerk18
Upvote 0
Lol. I know there was a request for the innuendos to go away and I promise you that I was making one I also have valid concerns about my daughter being able to read some things more clearly. She is VERY curious and even just regular emails and such might now be big enough for her to see.

As a mother, you model a lot for your daughter. True.

Regarding the topic at hand. I'd like it dropped, please. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Remember folks patience is a virture (hope i spelled that right) I strongly believe it will come out in November, Besides the other phones should have atleast a little time and hope to get noticed right??

Yes it is but mine is starting to wear. I've been waiting to get a new phone since I first heard of the GSII back in January. (nearly a full year now!)

Upvote 0
Remember folks patience is a virtue (hope i spelled that right) I strongly believe it will come out in November, Besides the other phones should have atleast a little time and hope to get noticed right??

Patience and November - yes, 100% agree (although I do lack in the patience arena)

Other phones getting noticed - I suppose, maybe, well, not so much in my opinion but that's just me. I don't understand why VZW can't just drop them all at the same time and let us decide for ourselves what is best rather than this 'Here's our latest and greatest'.........wait 4 days.......'Here's our latest and greatest'.......wait 4 days.......'Here's our latest and greatest'

Upvote 0
Remember folks patience is a virture (hope i spelled that right) I strongly believe it will come out in November, Besides the other phones should have atleast a little time and hope to get noticed right??

It is spelled Virtue. (I would know since it is my last name)

As a person who waited months for the Thunderbolt (only to have it stolen a few weeks ago), I have found myself relatively calm during this release. From what Steven has said regarding the heat of the RAZR, maybe we should be grateful that VZW seems to be trying to get out the kinks before releasing it to the masses.

Upvote 0

Yeah, that's just rehashing the stuff we already know. Document from VZW talking about web-only starting on 11/21, and the UK Amazon delay to December 2nd.

Considering the last thing we've seen that looked even slightly official was the web-only sale on 11/21, I think that's most likely for VZW folks. Still hoping for 11/17 too, but trying to stay realistic.

Upvote 0
Regarding the razr heat issue

Now I have not seen the phone in person but with my Droid x while its plugged in charging and getting some heavy use like navigation in Google maps I notice my phone gets a little warmer then usual. With that observation I'm sure the razr is plugged in constantly charging as well as being constantly handled, speed tested and so on. I bet off the charger under normal use like sitting mostly in your pocket the phone may run cooler. Just my speculation :)

Upvote 0
Friends,

Understand this. The only official word we have from Verizon is that the Galaxy Nexus will come out on Verizon before the end of the year. That's it. Everything else is rumor and speculation. Just because it makes internet tech gossip pages doesn't mean that it's real.

Therefore, as far as Verizon is concerned, there is no delay. The world "delay" cannot apply to a time frame that did not originate from Verizon. The only time frame they gave is the one they are sticking to. It's a wide margin of nearly two months.

Do I want the phone? Yes. Would I like the rumors given by The Source and other sources to be true. Yes, of course. Is it incumbent upon Verizon to live up to the rumors that sources leaked to the internet. Definitely not.

Conclusion. Verizon, thus far, is living up to their word. We have the right to be unhappy about it, but we don't have the right to accuse them of delaying and get all full of righteous indignation. There is none to be had. They did nothing wrong.

They have to protect their interests as well as, yes, believe it or not, ours. Their interest would be to sell as many Verizon bloated phones as possible and ours would be that they get the firmware as smooth and hassle free as possible. It is, after all, a fresh release of an entirely new operating system.

Mangia bene.

Upvote 0
Yes it is but mine is starting to wear. I've been waiting to get a new phone since I first heard of the GSII back in January. (nearly a full year now!)

I have been waiting sense June 2, 2011 !!! And this Is coming from a guy who usally updates the same date elgible so this is killing me!!! P.S did i mentioned my current phone soft reboots every 2 days no lie!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones