1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coach26

coach26 Well-Known Member

I'm on Tmo, but this is the best place for info, and everyone in here is pretty cool, even if they are on Verizon, they don't hold it against me, so I don't them. :D
  2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Its usually the first or second thing I download when I switch rom's

I'm green with envy right now. Lol.

But for some of us it's so much easier to see that money trickle out slowly each month rather than all at once.
    Highwayman and AntimonyER like this.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yeah, well I get a loyalty discount that drops my subsidized price to $249, plus I am stuck with Verizon due to family being on them, and only carrier with good coverage (and LTE starting... 11/17... its is shaping up to be a great day)
  4. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Crashumbc and SmokeNMirrors like this.
  5. AntimonyER

Yeah I have dual monitors, but only 19" ones... AF on one, my work on the other. very convenient.
  6. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

Most of us.... Just make the change. Even if you have to pay an early termination fee it would still be cheaper than paying full retail?
  7. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Man I hope the 17th date happens. My only qualm at this point is the lack of SD card slot, but I'm not using anywhere near the capacity in this 16G SD card in my dinc, so I guess it'll be ok.

My wife's line is up for a 2 year promo, so I'm planning to use that and buy the SGN from Best Buy since I have some gift cards. I know BB can apply the 2-year pricing, but does anyone know if they will be able to apply the credit from my wife's line to mine? Or will I have to go through Verizon directly?
  8. aimetti

aimetti Well-Known Member

haha ya

I loved verizon. But I was one of the suckers 3 years ago who switched to ATT for the iphone. I also love att in my area as I have had no issues. Theres literally no way in heck the wife would allow us to switch back to verizon now.

so heres to hoping for gsm sgn haha
    coach26 likes this.
  9. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Agreed. Also, my wife and I are both saving up everything we can so that we can do a tour of Europe next spring with 3 other friends. Every purchase over $300 is one of those "talk about it first" type of things. I already bought a new motorcycle this summer and I'm doing an expensive ski trip this January with some friends. She hasn't gone over the $300 limit yet!

Hence my predicament with Transformer Prime vs. SGN.
  10. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Same here. Mine are mostly full of poker tournaments though. :D I need 3 though.
  11. bammbamm

bammbamm Active Member

I had a feeling today would be a good day, felt good about making my first post today, and its a couple of your birthdays today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!My bday is the 14th. Maybe an official announcement that day for the 17th release?(before would be much better, just being a little self centetded) because im"officially" on board this thread kinda late, 25000 thanks to each and every one of you with the leftovers going to "the source"!!
  12. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

Having a really bad day! I am too mad and lazy to catch up. Any new news? Thank you

:( :( :(
  13. BabyBlues

Well if you oops and she gets pissed I'll happily take a ride with you. :D
    Lol. But yeah - I am trying to save as well - cruise next year for parents 60th and then would like to do a bunch of concert festivals so this may very well be my last 'big' purchase for quite some time.
  14. BabyBlues

Souce confirmed they still hear the 17th.

Cheer up!
    kcs7272 likes this.
  15. rpretzel

rpretzel Well-Known Member

I love being a cog in the Big Red death machine. :p
    Crashumbc likes this.
  16. AntimonyER

Haha, I tried that with my wife with a $100 limit, but she would just go back the next day for whatever put her over the limit, and continue going back until she had what she wanted. She got to $2000 one month, 80-90 at a time. Had to nix that rule, haha.
  17. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update! :) Cheering up...not so much :mad::( But I appreciate it. Have a good day guys and gals ;)
  18. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Could be worse.....

[​IMG]
  19. BabyBlues

Lesson here gentlemen - do not EVER underestimate what we can do when we want something.
    dawnierae likes this.
  20. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

With Phandroid on all 3 monitors, I can fresh 3x faster :p

[​IMG]
    BabyBlues, coach26 and OfTheDamned like this.
  21. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

kcs7272 likes this.
  22. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

She's not too pissed about the bike since she loves riding on it too. Plus I got a great deal on it (2010 Ducati 848 for $9K), but she kind of draws the line at gadgets.

She says that all they do is distract me from real life, especially when I get something new. So I'm not a big gadget buyer.
  23. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

24. coach26

coach26 Well-Known Member

I've been actually tinkering with the idea of paying my early termination fee and going to VZW, because of how much better & faster it is around here, but it is just too much darn money. I can't afford it right now, but if the service doesn't improve over the next two years, I'm gonna switch next time around. I think I'm one of the few who are actually rooting for the ATT merger to happen. ATT's coverage is so much better than Tmo's, data & voice wise. I think if you combine the two, it would be a pretty sweet network to be on, especially since I'd be grandfathered in with my current rate.
  25. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.