• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if they're doing that to give it more breathing room before SGN release. If so, it bodes well for the 17th.

Wonder why they aren't publicizing it yet, though.

It happens occasionally, Verizon will put the phone as in-stock in inventory, and some of the CSRs don't know any better, and will send it out if you call.

Upvote 0
Verizon Already Taking Orders for HTC Rezound, Arriving Early for Some

So Verizon is selling the ReHound already, 5 days before launch, and some are already receiving them.

Curious.

Want to know how to order?
All you have to do is go to the verizon website and, even if you've already signed up for the email list, do a search on "Rezound". On the email sign-up page, Verizon will "snipe" you with a chat window. If you're so-inclined, they'll let you order one. Kind of a silent early release. Found by accident earlier today.

Upvote 0
What's the new rumor that has you guys believing it's the 17th again?

This is UK and not US but...

I tweeted Samsung UK today asking them to confirm the release date. They confirmed it's still the 17th in the UK.

Twitter

Apologies for the name of my Twitter account, it's not meant to offend. Well it is, but not in this forum.

Reactions: Ytram
Upvote 0

I agreed with it until the last page.

Firstly, he states of the GNex that it doesn't have enough to stay "top of the pact" for a long time, and then points to the Galaxy S II as an example of a phone that did. Well, if you are overseas that might be true, but the USA didn't get the GSII until September/October of this year. Add to that the fact that all we have on the GSIII right now is baseless rumors about what it might be that read more like a tech geek dream, never mind a trusted source or a leak on it, and not a peep from Samsung about it. He also treats specs as if they are the be-all, end-all, when it's really more about how the software is optimized for the system it's on, which we know the Nexus will do better than anyone else in.

Secondly, he expresses his disappointment with the camera only being 5 MP. Haven't we done this song and dance enough times? 5 vs. 8 not being a big deal? Sound familiar? He calls it a "cheap" move on Google's part, but if you believe certain insiders from Google that may or may not be panda bears, they went with the 5 over the 8 to give you the zero shutter lag. Apparently the read/write speed of any phone's chipset is too slow to give you the instant zero-lag shutter while pushing so many pixels through to the device in an 8 MP setup.

I just hate subscribing to the idea that a spec-sheet solely determines whether or not a phone is "on top" vs. others.

Upvote 0
Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Can't stand the dismissal of the camera like that, and I am pretty sure as a whole it WILL be the best Android handset when it comes out, and stay that way for 3-4 months at least. But very educational article, thanks!

Oh and I skipped the conclusion... What a load of crap... if you want the best hardware, wait 4 months. And their article about a phone in 4 months (I predict).... if you want the best hardware, wait 4 months.

Agreed. And nothing like stating the obvious. The best phone will always be the next one. The moment you have a newly released device in your hands the hardware and software is obsolete as far as development in process. Moot point.

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0
This is UK and not US but...

I tweeted Samsung UK today asking them to confirm the release date. They confirmed it's still the 17th in the UK.

Twitter

Apologies for the name of my Twitter account, it's not meant to offend. Well it is, but not in this forum.

Its also a leak from Steven's source that it is the same day here in the States. UK gets it first, but only by a couple of hours.

Reactions: charliecc
Upvote 0
I just hate subscribing to the idea that a spec-sheet solely determines whether or not a phone is "on top" vs. others.

Totally agree. I think we've all seen what the fruit phone has been able to do with less than stellar specs.

That said, I personally think the GNex is going to be an amazing device. Haven't seen anything yet to sway me from getting it!

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Want to know how to order?
All you have to do is go to the verizon website and, even if you've already signed up for the email list, do a search on "Rezound". On the email sign-up page, Verizon will "snipe" you with a chat window. If you're so-inclined, they'll let you order one. Kind of a silent early release. Found by accident earlier today.

That kind of invasive live chat always creeps me out. Feels like big brother is watching me

images

Upvote 0
Its also a leak from Steven's source that it is the same day here in the States. UK gets it first, but only by a couple of hours.

Thanks for the info missed that on my journey home.

Random and off topic.

By the way, was watching a show in the UK last night and they had an interesting fact about antimony, which you may or may not know. Back in the day, it was known as being quite an effective laxative. People would take an antimony pellet which remained in tact while passing through the body.

After excreting the pellet the user would clean it off to be used again because it was relatively expensive. It wasn't uncommon for the pellet to be passed through the generations.

Just something for you to think about there :)

Reactions: drbugsmn
Upvote 0
Agreed. And nothing like stating the obvious. The best phone will always be the next one. The moment you have a newly released device in your hands the handware and software is obsolete. Moot point.

Yeah. So many Apple fan boys in the tech writing industry, can't keep their bias out of their work, so can't help but use any and all methods to diminish an Android phone. Still had to bash the screen, saying it can't beat iPhone (still true but its closer than he let on), and then the camera bash even though they defended the iPhone 4 by saying MP doesn't matter, but now that the 4S has an 8, all of the sudden they matter again. And finally that statement about it won't be the best phone when it comes out because of a phone coming out 4 months later.

And this was the second worst article I read, anyone read the review of the RAZR by The Verge. I wanted to punch my computer monitor, and I don't even like that phone. Its ridiculous....

RANT OVER.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones