• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Public Service Announcement:

I've decided to take it upon myself to fly in the face of conventional rumor and post the release date of the SGN according to the date our Source gave us. I've update the OP title and the countdown timer.

Steven

Honestly, I thought it flew in the face of something to have changed it away from the 17th based on something less likely to be reliable than the source in the first place.

Not digging at you, bra, just giving voice to all those (like me) who feel this needed saying.

Work it with me - seven for seven and teenth for teenth, 17th.

Reactions: BLD
Upvote 0
Off topic reply:
My high school girlfriend gave me this SN, as SB are my initials, and it just kind of stuck. But thanks for calling me an excrement covered pellet! Now I see why we declared our independence!

Too Soon? ;)

Haha, dude! My initials are SB too and my dad (yes he's kind of a geek too) called me that for a while :D

Oh lawls.

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0
While I also agree with this, a phone THIS big getting a one or two day before release announcement? I don't know, I mean I know Verizon is tight lipped about the release dates of their phones, but being able to keep official word from the public is a hard thing to do, I just don't see it happening. Thats just my opinion though, not questioning Steven and his source, just throwing in my 2 cents.

Remember, this phone is big to us, not VZ. They'll be investing more into the RAZR than anything, so it's not surprising.

Like others have mentioned, announcing the release date 1 or 2 days before release is not without precedent.

Who knows, we might get word on the 15th for a release 2 days later. That would match up with the materials being sent to the stores on the 15th.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I thought it flew in the face of something to have changed it away from the 17th based on something less likely to be reliable than the source in the first place.

Not digging at you, bra, just giving voice to all those (like me) who feel this needed saying.

Work it with me - seven for seven and teenth for teenth, 17th.

You continue to amaze me. I felt the exact same way...You read my mind (You're not my wife, are you?)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Er - yes. . . The razor people. They have a fan club, I believe.

i_love_razors_tshirt-p235901343996906417z74qm_152.jpg

Yes, a fan club with T-shirts and even a phone. You are the GNex-ers we are the G-I-Have-A-Phone-ers!!! :p

Upvote 0
Remember, this phone is big to us, not VZ. They'll be investing more into the RAZR than anything, so it's not surprising.

Like others have mentioned, announcing the release date 1 or 2 days before release is not without precedent.

Who knows, we might get word on the 15th for a release 2 days later. That would match up with the materials being sent to the stores on the 15th.
What do you mean the materials arriving on the 15th??

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones