**Official GB leak 2 thread** (was Anyone get OTA 4.5.588? Possibly Gingerbread OTA?)

Last Updated:

1. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

UPDATE This does appear to be OTA Gingerbread for the Droid X. P3 is saying
    MORE NEWS
    DOWNLOAD LINK

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    mirror
    instructions for install:
    make sure you have over 80% battery life left
    you must be stock 2.3.340 (no apps deleted or renamed) (rooted if fine but you will loose root)
    download file and rename it to update.zip and place it on the root of your sd card
    boot into stock recovery
    choose install update.zip from sd card
    you should now have an unrooted version the OTA gingerbread

[​IMG]
    I did not take this, someone on another forum did

WARNING: At this time only one person is saying they received this as OTA
    but lots have been able to install this through recovery which means this is an official build (thanks binary visions for that explanation)

Anyone get OTA 4.5.588??
    this guys saying he got a message saying update 4.5.588 has been downloaded and is ready to install

anyone else seeing this update available?
    if your stock are you able to pull it (blur is supposed to be allowed to pull updates right?)

Advertisement
    jroc, darkcyber, emaN resU and 4 others like this.
  2. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

still only the one report that i know of...
    mmiles84 likes this.
  3. ECFfighter7232

yeah, they are trying to get the guy to pull the file from cache so P3 and cell can look at it
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

lol i think it is funny how there is a lack of people running stock so we can confirm this lol
    jroc likes this.
  5. cultldr

cultldr Well-Known Member

LOL so true!
  6. Metfanant

mutiple people over at Droid X Forums that are stock have chimed in and said they are not seeing it...even the guy who reported it said he checked with three other stock users at work who are not seeing it...

for the record...the user that posted it is NOT stock...he is rooted on Froyo with some bloat removed...his attempt to install it failed..

Edit: CellZealot has recommended that nobody take the OTA and install it until they get their hands on it and look it over...

im going to bet it changes the bootloader for sure...
  7. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Obviously everyone becomes suspicious when one person jumps out there and claims an update. IF this is true, I won't be touching it until it is rooted.

True Trophynuts. Not many on the enthusiast forums are un-rooted.
  8. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in going from GB to stock, just to see it's not there. :D
  9. ECFfighter7232

lol yeah, I'm already on gingerbread and its the most stable my phone has been since launch day (better then 2.1/2.2/2.2.1/apex/everything ive had on here). I have absolutely 0 interest in doing a SBF to get the official OTA and probably wont ever take it lol
  10. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i agree 100%
  11. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

I agree with you. The only way I would do this is IF this gets rooted and they are only developing ROMs for the OTA version and TBH does not give us a way to upgrade to whatever changes were made.

My phone has been running great, it does not even feel like it is a stock version.
  12. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

It just means the custom roms will get better (and the devs will have to start over). :D
  13. Metfanant

assuming it gets rooted i would imagine Devs will switch to the most recent version
  14. ECFfighter7232

yeah but it might be simething like it was with .320 and .340
    if you were on the .320 leak you could install a .340 rom with no problem (or install the .340 system update)
  15. Metfanant

correct me if im wrong...but the .320 leak had the same kernel as the .340 OTA??...

the 2.3.3 leak has the same kernel as .340...id bet anything the OTA to GB changes the kernel...
  16. ECFfighter7232

I honestly dont remember but that does make sense yes.

whats confusing me is why people cant "pull" this update. if I'm remembering right I was able to "pull" the official froyo instead of having to wait for it to roll out to me. I thought I read that this was a function of blur
  17. Metfanant

i never installed the leak so that is why i asked...

by pull you mean you go to system updates and check for yourself right??...yes i believe i remember doing that myself...

for HAHA's i just tried it on my rooted GB...my phone is "up to date" :D
  18. alprazolam

Tweet from @CellZealot This is NOT a hoax fer crissakes people! Reading people's comments on forums makes my blood boil...

Well, I do understand why people say hoax. It has happened more than once.
  19. ECFfighter7232

yeah I never installed the .320 leak either because I was on Apex for the previous version and happy, but once the .340 was rooted I was on it and on the apex for that lol.

and yeah we could check for system updates and not have to wait for them...
  20. Metfanant

thats what i thought you meant...yeah it seems like that is not working either...

has anyone else said they got it other than the original poster??
  21. alprazolam

IF things still work the same, big updates are rolled out in stages so as not to overwhelm the severs. Your number is cued for an update and you cannot get it any earlier than when you are cued. I think that our phones check for a new update every 24 hours or so. Manually checking will only yield an update if you have been cued for it. That is my understanding anyway...
  22. ECFfighter7232

I havnt seen one other person say they got this but one of the posters said this

23. ECFfighter7232

Sounds liek the guy has it off of his phone now so it should just be a small matter of time until we know what infact this is. I will try to stay ontop of the news aswell and update the OP with confirmation
  24. klinc

klinc Well-Known Member

Files (downloads with links) are posted over there now on page 10.
  25. ECFfighter7232

yeah I wasnt gonna post them yet. dont want to blow up his dropbox lol. give P3 and Cell time to grab them lol