1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Official Gingerbread INDIA

1. varungnath

varungnath Well-Known Member

Hey Hi Guys,

I had a chat with the LG customer care India yesterday, and i was told that the Gingerbread update is out for P500.
    I went to an Authorized LG Service center to check on it and they said 'NO, its not out yet'.
    Im wasting no more time asking for exp from those people, coz i know ill get a much credible info from this forum.
    So has anybody got an info on this? IF so, is there was way to download the official ROM and installing it?

thanks ppl
    Varun:)

Advertisement
    :
  2. surajdhanuki

surajdhanuki Member

I m from INDIA.. and i too need the information about the gingerbread update....pls help guys...
  3. Chidranveshi

Chidranveshi New Member

I had exactly the same experience. Customer Care on the phone said that the update has been released, and advised me to go to the authorised Service Centre. I went there and waited an hour in the queue only to be told that it's not released. LG is just stiffing us. :mad:

Update: I've just received a reply to my e-mail from their Tech Support (MobileCSTechSupport@lgindia.com) saying :
  4. abhi29

abhi29 Member

Hope they release it by this month end, and i saw one guy posted in more page that he got update in India. But he is not replying... thought it was a joke or he was serious :p
  5. abhi29

abhi29 Member

Any one got update in Hyderabad???
  6. abhi29

abhi29 Member

7. varungnath

Kies!!!? Are you serious! :rolleyes:
  8. varungnath

yea! as usual.... guys sitting there have no clue!!! ;)
  9. cherian.me

cherian.me Member

hey does this ginger bread update once released and then updated erase all the memory on the phone like messages, downloaded apps, contacts, etc completely? if so is there any way to back them up?
    Thanks.
  10. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member

To backup contacts, go to contacts, go to contacts, press menu button - more - Import/Export. There you have the option to import or export contacts from or to SIM card or SD card. I recommend backing up to SD card. All the contacts will be saved as a .vcf file if you choose SD card. To restore contacts, come back to menu or in the case of SD card backup, just open the .vcf file.

To backup messages, there are several apps available in the market. "SMS backup" backs them up to your google account. "SMS backup and restore" backs them up to your SD card. You can also back up SMS through messaging apps like Go SMS Pro.

For downloaded apps, you can use the app manager option in file managers like ES file explorer or astro file manager to backup the apks of the apps you want. You can reinstall the apps eithr through the file manager or by going to the backup folder in the SD card and opening the apk of the app you want to install. Note that any app data cannot be restored by this method.

To backup and restore both apps and data, use "Titanium backup". Note that Titanium backup requires that you have a rooted phone.

All the above mentioned apps are free.
    cherian.me and varungnath like this.
  11. Androindia

Androindia New Member

Yesterday I emailed LG Electronics India and following was their response:

Dear Customer, Thanks for sharing your concern with us. Right now android 2.3 version is not available for LG P500 phone, once available we will inform to you about the upgradation. Regards Nitin Kumar CS-GSM 09953555225 mobilecstechsupport@lgindia.com
    L.G. Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
  12. cherian.me

cherian.me Member

Thanks a lot Gremaldin, so im guessing it does mean ill lose all info/data once upgraded to the official 2.3 update when avalable.
  13. varungnath

As he said, if you do a backup you won't loose your data :)
  14. gobhadu

gobhadu New Member

Gingerbread upgrade for LG P500in INDIA is coming after 1st week of October.........I read somewhere...
    I cannot wait, So will try to upgrade Romanian version of GB on my phone....