• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Goodbye Dinc Thread

I have no issue with My Verizon and Backup Assistant being on the Prime. Those are actually value add apps that Verizon puts out as opposed to crap like Bing, Blockbuster, etc.

I agree with you on My Verizon, but not Backup Assistant. Your contacts are backed up by Google and sync to the cloud. There's no need for another piece of software that does the same thing.

Upvote 0
I said my goodbyes to my Incredible yesterday at 4:40 as I had my service officially transferred to my Galaxy Nexus. While it has left my hands, it is not retired. My son had a Droid 2 with a cracked screen that was getting long in the tooth. I gave my Incredible to him. God speed Dinc . . . God speed. With this post I say goodbye to my Incredible, I am saying to this thread goodbye as well.

Thanks to everyone who has been here and stuck around for 20 months with me. Many of you are now in the Gnex thread or Rizound thread (and maybe even the Razr thread). I expect this place to be even more of a ghost town than it has been. But like every ghost town, there is a story to be told of when it was a booming exciting place to be. There has never been a place MORE exciting than the Dinc thread on AF in it's time.

CBF- OUT!

Upvote 0
My plan was to use it as an MP3 player/iTouch like device. There just doesn't seem to be room in my life for yet another device though.

If/when I get one of these fancy new phones, that'll be what I do with the DInc. My wife and I have almost 400 CDs in two 200 disc changers. We're working on ripping all the CDs and moving the music to portable devices. Mostly because the changers take up SO much space in the entertainment center. We're wanting to condense that spot in the living room.
Well, we're needing to move some stuff to make room for the bigger TV we just bought... :)

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
It's coming about that time. It's not you, its me. You are the best phone I have had to date. Updated 3 times and only 1 officially. We have had good times with Eclair, Froyo, and Gingerbread. Even though I'm moving to a new phone, you are currently my best portable media device in my arsenal. Since the Low Space issue has finally been fixed, you are a beast among phones.

I'm going iPhone 4S, I'm switching sides but I'll still keep you around for time to come.

Upvote 0
It's coming about that time. It's not you, its me. You are the best phone I have had to date. Updated 3 times and only 1 officially. We have had good times with Eclair, Froyo, and Gingerbread. Even though I'm moving to a new phone, you are currently my best portable media device in my arsenal. Since the Low Space issue has finally been fixed, you are a beast among phones.

I'm going iPhone 4S, I'm switching sides but I'll still keep you around for time to come.

OMG... Thanks for the laugh this AM...!! that is great... Did he\she have anything to say back to ya? I am debating on doing the same thing. Just curious, what made you decide to switch sides? Why aren't you going with the Rezound or Nexus?

Upvote 0
I am ready to say goodbye to my Dinc but I cannot find a phone that excites me enough to switch. This phone does everything I need.

This is a great phone!

This is where I am also. I'd love to have a Gnex or Resound, but I can't really think of anything I can do on them that I'm not able to do on the Dinc. Sure, they are faster, but I don't find myself waiting on the Dinc. Eventually we'll get ICS, and I'll be a happy camper.

Upvote 0
This is where I am also. I'd love to have a Gnex or Resound, but I can't really think of anything I can do on them that I'm not able to do on the Dinc. Sure, they are faster, but I don't find myself waiting on the Dinc. Eventually we'll get ICS, and I'll be a happy camper.

Same place I am at, I got the Rezound and returned it. $299 for what? The Inc does everything I need as well. The Rezound has a bigger bit more vibrant screen, but other then that, no real difference. Are you rooted? or are you saying you think HTC\Verizon will give an OTA of ICS?

Upvote 0
Same place I am at, I got the Rezound and returned it. $299 for what? The Inc does everything I need as well. The Rezound has a bigger bit more vibrant screen, but other then that, no real difference. Are you rooted? or are you saying you think HTC\Verizon will give an OTA of ICS?

Yep, it's the $299 that I'm really hanging up on. If I could get one of these for under $200, then I'd probably be all over it. I just can't justify that much money for some extra speed (that I won't get much use from) and a nicer screen (when I don't think the screen on the DInc is bad).

I'm not expecting an OTA of ICS for the DInc.
My phone is rooted, and I expect the XDA Devs to do their usual good work and get a working ICS ROM at some point. There is already one in Alpha testing that looks promising, but it's not yet ready to be a daily driver.

Upvote 0
I was the first in line for a Nexus on release day. I've enjoyed getting to know many of you here and the Inc was my first Android device so it will be missed. That said, I've still been lurking here and likely will continue to for awhile.

Congrats on the new phone Iowa. If I were going to go for one, that would be the one I'd get. Keep us posted on how you like it. :)

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
Part of the reason why I bought the DInc 2 was because it's a world phone. I can take it to any other carrier other than Sprint if I want to which is nice.

And you can use it most places in the world :) - a major plus for me.

I have the original Dinc .. I don't need/want a physical keyboard, and other than the iPhone I don't see another Android phone under Verizon that has the GSM feature. 4" seems like a good size too, not too big. The only problem is that this phone isn't quite "cutting edge" having been out for a while now.

Anyone know of any Android phones coming soon to Verizon that will also have GSM? The latest crop of phones for Verizon are only CDMA unfortunately.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones