Official GSM Hero 2.1 Thread

Last Updated: 2010-12-15 15:50:27
  1. Myth

Myth Active Member

Sorry for adding more confusion to the pot about all these release dates but just mailed HTC this morning and got this reply.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Hehe.. Reading that though OTA is starting end of April, the ROM may be released for download before?
  4. Myth

Myth Active Member

heres hoping but i noticed over at XDA they've been having trouble with 2.1 and O2 network which isnt good as im on it lol. Still issues with 2g/3g capabilities but looks close.
  5. mez

mez Well-Known Member

Getting tired of waiting but its free and i want it to work so ill wait till its ready. Hopefully soon.

I heard this is the lastupdate for the hero, hero spontaneous be getting froyo ? Anyone else ...
  6. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

I doubt very much we will get froyo. Infact I would bet a. Months. waged on it
  7. MrDan

MrDan New Member

Hmmm... I'm on O2 as well. Could you post a link to that information? Thanks.
  8. Myth

Myth Active Member

9. MrDan

MrDan New Member

10. JayCee

JayCee Well-Known Member

Based on one users post...get a grip!
  11. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

To be fair, 1 users post plus someone else with similar findings.
  12. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

I've seen some documents stating the release date of April 26.

Let's get into this, guys - what do you expect from the update?

I'd like to see my Hero run a bit faster :D
  13. binarybasher

binarybasher New Member

Hey, I also mailed HTC asking about release dates for Android 2.1...

My mail:
    HTC (Jozefine M) responded with:
    My biggest issue here is the lack of communication...
  14. rdann

rdann New Member

Maybe a repeated question sorry guys but cannot see after a search:
    I have an unlocked hero (i'm in China) I wouldn't be worried about the upgrade to 2.1 as all is good except - just bought BT headphones and they pair but don't connect, works fine with my BT laptop so phones work. Will 2.1 solve my problem and how can I get upgraded safely
  15. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

I would expect so because the bluetooth support in Android 1.5 is quite limited. Android 2.1 will add support for more features.
  16. golder

golder Well-Known Member

April 16th.
  17. Is this 100% Confirmed by HTC? probably means a few days after for Orange.
  18. mrdagz

mrdagz Well-Known Member

this is the date that i was give, so i am expecting it then.
    but that will be for phone not locked to a network.
    Mine is not so i hope to get it on friday :)
  19. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Well-Known Member

How can I find out what android version I am running now? I have a Hero. Am I right in saying that a 2.1 update is a 'ROM'?

One last question if I may... I am with Orange in the UK. Will the update appear on HTC's support site when it's ready - or on orange's?

Thanks if you can help :)
  20. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member

Settings>About Phone> Frimware Version.

I got my update (1.5)from the HTC site and I'm on Orange, it'll show up on that site I'd imagine. I wouldn't expect to see it the same day as the generic HTC Rom. Perhaps the day after or a little longer.

Al
  21. troutfish

troutfish New Member

You might be dissappointed. According to HTC support at the weekend:

"All updates for htc hero are scheduled for the 30/04/2010 only the updated for hero from 3 network will be at 06/05/2010"
  22. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Was that not in referance to OTA updates?
  23. mark1252003

mark1252003 Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds to me like theres "Too many chiefs and not enough Indians" I ran HTC (UK) earlier today (15th April) and they said theres no official date yet to the release of 2.1 and as soon as it is available it will be on their website. So christ knows how folks are getting emails from HTC? Or is it just the customer adviser I rang knows bugger all lol?!! :D
  24. JimR123

JimR123 Well-Known Member

Oh really? And when are you going to get this 2.1 thing released then!?!?
  25. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Spot on. Given the different dates (some of which have passed) allegedly from HTC emails/phone calls I think that most people quoting dates from HTC are either having a bit of a "giggle", or speaking to someone just blagging it on the other end.