• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except before you flat out said "No I can't". That time it was simply "No" which means a change in behavior. Hence going with my first assumption that you're an English as the first language type of person odds favor the US or Britain (sorry Canada, you're technically part of Britain, deal with it). Pal-ing around with people who test the Incredible narrows it down to the US. Then being that certain companies only seem to have offices in certain places, and you do not seem to work in one of those certain place I have discerned you do not work for that certain company.
Any slighting of my deductions will result in a duel of pistols on the village green at noon high.
:p

Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!

Reactions: Nashdroid
Upvote 0
dont know if anyone has posted this yet, but just saw this tweet from Phonedog Noah:

Phonedog_Noah

"HTC will be showing an unnamed device that will be unveiled for the first time at CTIA." (from CTIA press materials) #CTIA

Could be the SuperSonic... I am pretty sure that it is confirmed to be announced at CTIA

Upvote 0
onlyever,
that's funny. Way to pry haha I dunno. Everything seems so disorganized. Maybe VZW keeps it that way. Probably. Some people are saying 2 weeks, others are sayin' regional managers are saying soon, others are saying april/may. My eyes are rollin' around in my head. I really hope CTIA yields some good news!

He mentioned to me that they usually get information and devices on Mondays. This Monday will be the 22nd....????

Upvote 0
You could try this:

http://androidforums.com/427141-post16.html

I don't have Yahoo so can't vouch whether it give you Yahoo push email or not.

This is the link I used to set up my yahoo account on my eris:
http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/37352-how-setup-your-yahoo-email-eris.html

In it, I have the options to choose how often email is checked, like I listed previously.

I only have the free yahoo account, so I don't know if the paid account will help in this or not.

If the original poster is still concerned, I'd advise searching the eris forum for more info. There are lots of helpful people over there.

Upvote 0
ive been bugging a senior guy at the local vzw store since xmas... here is the first useful bit of info i could squeeze out of him.

I believe we are launching it in the stores on March 25th, but I think it is available online now...that is usually sop on a new device...launch online first, and then to stores...I hope this helps...
(name here) took out his name to protect his job...

it obviously isnt online yet. but maybe the 1/2 truth is better than none... let me know what you guys think? also ive responded again. and eagerly awaiting his reply.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
News?....No
Boob pic?...Yes (no value, unnecessary, poster on probation)
Bolded rant about how this forum sucks?...Yes (can't be all things to all people...poster was pointed to a few options that may be a better fit)
20+ responses to that rant?...Yes (unnecessary...one is fine, then just agree by giving "Thanks")
And even with all that it's been more informative than 95% of threads out there.

I just had a meeting with our companies Verizon Regional sales rep and Network Services manager. He (Network Services Manager) recently played with an Incredible and talked about 600+ for RAM.
VZW tester has whispered "more than 512MB" to me (TIFWIW)
i'm gone a couple of hours to the gym and no new news? what am I paying your for? Morons all! Incompetent! :p
I know I know, and the pay is so good too!
Remember, alot of folks look at and reference this thread not only from our own forums but elsewhere on the net. This includes folks of all ages. Do not disrespect AF or any of its (female) members by posting such images.
I agree completely, let's not offend anyone. Let's also recognize that it's the regulars that make this thread great and who will stick around past the craze, not the strangers.

Following up on some twittage:

wonderbread57: @NathanHTC Can we drop by your booth to see why you are, in fact, Quietly Incredible... hmm?

NathanHTC: @wonderbread57: Of course, there will be someone there to explain it all!!! You may even see me at the booth! Live the brand, HTC!!!!

Not sure he has a clue... especially cause he's tweeting like the booth is up and ready to go already.

Upvote 0
If he were wrong on the Droid I'd wonder about his ability to use a computer. I mean they had a launch event for crying out loud.
Going back to his job. I'll say he does not work for HTC, nor for Verizon sales or tech support (off the assumption not everyone at verizon can access inventory). Shipping perhaps? But that would probably not be so separate as to not allow use of the inventory system. Or maybe for Fedex.

we should stop trying to find out where he works. He's been our best source and we don't wanna put anyone in jeopardy!

Upvote 0
ive been bugging a senior guy at the local vzw store since xmas... here is the first useful bit of info i could squeeze out of him.

I believe we are launching it in the stores on March 25th, but I think it is available online now...that is usually sop on a new device...launch online first, and then to stores...I hope this helps...
(name here) took out his name to protect his job...

it obviously isnt online yet. but maybe the 1/2 truth is better than none... let me know what you guys think? also ive responded again. and eagerly awaiting his reply.

Thanks. I'd hope that he would know it isn't offered online currently. Know what I mean? He works for them! "I think it is online right now" Isn't it his job to check that before answering customers?

Upvote 0
True, he could also be talking out of his @ss to protect his @ss. Especially online, I am sure all of that is saved and reviewed and whatnot.

That's why I slipped him my email. ;) I had to delete some of the meat because of post length.

Nut it is true that generally they get major news info on Mondays. But he gave me some insight onto the DROID. He didn't even know that the update had been delayed, he thought it was released. He said if it was coming in two weeks they would be having training NEXT week, so the date of the 27all the way to April 6th seem to be plausible still.

Upvote 0
Sounds on par to me. Considering Android Central, NKT, and the regional manager I spoke with all said early April... I'd say that's sounding pretty solid. AC says "in two weeks", guess what - April 1st! I'm putting my money down on the first week of April at the least.

NKT has LONG said that the Incredible should be released approximately mid-April. "Early April" would sure be on par with that time frame. Personally, and with the complete lack of news from my two VZW contacts, I don't see ANY chance of a March release. With the huge amount of "two weeks" buzz all over the internet, I would see it released the week of April 5th. Just my $.02, though.

Upvote 0
dont know if anyone has posted this yet, but just saw this tweet from Phonedog Noah:

Phonedog_Noah

"HTC will be showing an unnamed device that will be unveiled for the first time at CTIA." (from CTIA press materials) #CTIA
My guess is April 6th 2 weeks to the day after announcement at CTIA. Also just in time for me to get it before vacation. INCREDIBLE!!!

Upvote 0
we should stop trying to find out where he works. He's been our best source and we don't wanna put anyone in jeopardy!

He knew the risks when he posted! You can't make an omelet, or talk about a super-phones release without breaking a few eggs cup cake!:D
Now shut yer yapping and get ready for the s**t storm I'm going to take you into!
Because I have the true information! Thats right, took me about 10 minutes to hack his computer. But I have found out that he works at

wait for it.....

just a little longer

The dairy Queen in Bernardsville, NJ!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones