• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that bothers me about the alleged release date is that historically every new phone that is released has shown up a few weeks before hand on Ebay for crazy amounts of money, and so far no Ebay action.

The interesting thing, though, is that there seems to be more "sightings" of this phone. We have to be getting close - you can feel it. Whether its facebook, twitter, or what ever - even the intensity in this forum is starting to increase ...

Upvote 0
Wow... what an afternoon! My good friend / VZW manager calls me up around 1 pm to tell me to come down to the store to see something. He didn't say much else. Needless to say, I bolt down there - it's a slow Sunday afternoon and he's the only one on staff in the store. He says, "You may want to see this." In the small backroom/warehouse was a 4' cube plain cardboard box that he had just received from Fed-Ex.. on a Sunday, mind you. The return label address read as follows:

HTC America
13920 SE Eastgate Way, Suite 400
Bellevue, Washington 98005
Tel: 425-679-5318

Also on the box in red and black tape (think crime-scene type of tape, only in red and black instead of yellow and black) with the words "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL FURTHER INSTRUCTION). Just like that, in all caps. The tape was ALL over the box!! The invoice that came with the box said only, "New - Promotional materials." The box weighed next to nothing, but there was at least one thing that "thumped" in the lower corner of the box when we shook it a bit. We cracked the tape JUST enough to see some red and black paperwork / literature / posters but that was it. Our best conclusion is that the box is full of Incredible promotional materials (i.e. Launch Kit) along with a possible "dummy" Incredible phone (as his store does not have live phones on display, only "dummy" phones). He told me this was exactly how the Droid launched - the mystery box showed up on a Sunday, with no warning, with the weird tape all over the box. In the box was a "dummy" Droid for display purposes and some posters. The Droid released about 1-2 weeks later, if I remember correctly. Keep in mind, in today's case and in the Droid's case, the word "Verizon" was nowhere to be seen on either box or on the accompanying paperwork.

Pretty exciting stuff for a slow Sunday afternoon in Montana! This is driving me crazy!

Upvote 0
OK, so with CTIA underway tomorrow(the pre-show atleast), in my opinion, there are two different things that can happen in the next week...First, the Inc is announced as expected, with a release date between March 27th and April 17th and this thread blows up and triples in posts and we are all ecstatic. Two, CTIA goes by without even a mention of the Inc, what will everyone do then? Will you go out and buy the N1? Will you bail on VZW and switch carriers? Or will you continue to wait and speculate?

Upvote 0
Wow... what an afternoon! My good friend / VZW manager calls me up around 1 pm to tell me to come down to the store to see something. He didn't say much else. Needless to say, I bolt down there - it's a slow Sunday afternoon and he's the only one on staff in the store. He says, "You may want to see this." In the small backroom/warehouse was a 4' cube plain cardboard box that he had just received from Fed-Ex.. on a Sunday, mind you. The return label address read as follows:

HTC America

Also on the box in red and black tape (think crime-scene type of tape, only in red and black instead of yellow and black) with the words "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL FURTHER INSTRUCTION). Just like that, in all caps. The tape was ALL over the box!! The invoice that came with the box said only, "New - Promotional materials." The box weighed next to nothing, but there was at least one thing that "thumped" in the lower corner of the box when we shook it a bit. We cracked the tape JUST enough to see some red and black paperwork / literature / posters but that was it. Our best conclusion is that the box is full of Incredible promotional materials (i.e. Launch Kit) along with a possible "dummy" Incredible phone (as his store does not have live phones on display, only "dummy" phones). He told me this was exactly how the Droid launched - the mystery box showed up on a Sunday, with no warning, with the weird tape all over the box. In the box was a "dummy" Droid for display purposes and some posters. The Droid released about 1-2 weeks later, if I remember correctly. Keep in mind, in today's case and in the Droid's case, the word "Verizon" was nowhere to be seen on either box or on the accompanying paperwork.

Pretty exciting stuff for a slow Sunday afternoon in Montana! This is driving me crazy!

Go back just take a pic of the box.... I bet it is the best looking box out there lol

Upvote 0
OK, so with CTIA underway tomorrow(the pre-show atleast), in my opinion, there are two different things that can happen in the next week...First, the Inc is announced as expected, with a release date between March 27th and April 17th and this thread blows up and triples in posts and we are all ecstatic. Two, CTIA goes by without even a mention of the Inc, what will everyone do then? Will you go out and buy the N1? Will you bail on VZW and switch carriers? Or will you continue to wait and speculate?

N1

Upvote 0

HTC America

That's actually the best news all weekend. Good work as usual, Montana

Upvote 0
Yes, the biggest downfall of getting a non vanilla android phone is waiting for the updates. Google tried to solve this with the nexus one, but it's not as good as HTC sense...yet

The HTC Incredible will be able to use the stock launcher (home screens), but for the updates -- as said before -- we'll have to wait. For example, the ERIS is still on Android 1.5 while 2.1 is out.

that's what i keep hearing and that's why some people went with the Droid instead of the Eris. wouldn't it be funny if the Eris got Sense 2.1 before the Droid got Vanilla 2.1 cause that's how it's looking about now. (im talking an official OTA update not the rooted way out lol) I think HTC can put out an update just a few weeks after google releases one but they choose not to because sense puts it on steroids. 2.1 wasn't out very long before we started getting roms of it with sense.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Montana Man

HTC America

No Pic? ? ? Really! ! ! We thought you liked us.

Upvote 0

if there is no mention of the incredible, and the supersonic is displayed with a release date, there's a good chance i'd be going to sprint for the SS. but if theres no SS info equal to or greater than the incredible, i'll keep waiting.

Upvote 0
Okay, Okay, but it's after 6 here and they closed at 5. I'll have to go there tomorrow evening; that's the earliest I can get away to go. But do NOT get your hopes up - it's a cardboard box, nothing more!!!

just tell everyone to shut the **** up and leave you alone about it. i'm gracious for the story, and a picture of nothing significant won't do anything for me. i hope these other posters are just kidding when asking you to do this. especially when we should be days within obtaining official info on this.

but that ridiculousness aside, thanks again MM!

Upvote 0

HTC America

Great stuff Montana. Keep up the good work. I think a early April release is definitely looking like a go. I'd expect the phone to be announced at CTIA for the techies to get a first look. Then a few demo units will be sent out to media circuits for them to do a few hands-on reviews (similar to the Legend)..then finally a release in the 1st or 2nd week of April.

Upvote 0

HTC America

Excellent, excellent work! I agree that this is the best news we've heard all weekend! If you can get a picture that would be great, but we definitely don't want anyone to lose their job over this! It's looking good - We'll all get the phone soon enough!

Upvote 0
just tell everyone to shut the **** up and leave you alone about it. i'm gracious for the story, and a picture of nothing significant won't do anything for me. i hope these other posters are just kidding when asking you to do this. especially when we should be days within obtaining official info on this.

but that ridiculousness aside, thanks again MM!
Agreed. Montana already did a superb job not only getting us inside info, but also describing the box to the best of his ability. Common guys, its a cardboard box. If you really want to look at a box with red tape, I can go take a picture of one in my garage and send it to you. Lets not waste this man's time. Instead, have him go back when the box can be OPENED.

Upvote 0
But it's just a cardboard box with red and black crime-scene style "DO NOT OPEN" tape all over it! Nothing more at all! And that address! That's it!!

When I worked at Best Buy I remember getting boxes like that in every now and again and it was always so exciting because we knew what it was just was not able to open them yet the day we could we would be like kids on christmas

Upvote 0
Agreed. Montana already did a superb job not only getting us inside info but describing the box to the best of his ability. Common guys, its a cardboard box. If you really want to look at a box with red tape, I can go take a picture of one in my garage and send it to you. Lets not waste this man's time and instead, have him go back when the box can be OPENED.

How soon can you get that photo for us? ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones