• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just watching a different/new video from MWC on Desire and Legend....

Ok...I REALLY got to quit watching these videos. The only thing it does is make me buy a new keyboard because the drool keeps ruining mine. :)

Oh the waiting hurts.

I went down to Best Buy at lunch today. It was the first time I had held the Eris. I really liked the feel of it. Very nice. Just a bit too small screen wise. It's a good thing they were all just dummy phones there so I couldn't really play with it very much. I think I'm gonna have to stay out of a Verizon store until the Incredible comes out.

Upvote 0
Does anyone sometimes envy the people who have no idea what's coming out. they don't know so they can't be constantly thinking about when the device will come out, what it will look like, and what the final specs of it are. they can just go along with their lives until they see the first verizon commercial and then they're like "wow, that's pretty cool." as compared to our reaction "Bout GD time! da efff verizon that took for freakin ever!"

let me know if it's just me. lol

Upvote 0
haha it's not just you. I almost wish I was a dimwit who waited until Verizon told them they had an NE2 and went to the store and found the phones that were out. It would really save the emotional strain of waiting for devices. After watching Sense in action on the Desire I really need to have it, it looks fantastic. Now the question is: Wait for the Incredible or get an N1 root it and run the Desire ROM?

Here's to hoping we get one of the two (or both :D) very soon.

Upvote 0
For those of you concerned about the look, specifically backplate, on the Incredible, I wouldn't be worrying.

Look at the changes the Desire went through.

It started off as:
thumb_450_HTCBravofull.jpg

And changed entirely to this:
htcbravo.png

Upvote 0
Scrubs reference?

Also, I wonder what kind of advertisement VZW will use for the Incredible... Considering its more powerful than the Droid, and Verizon has advertised the hell out of the point that "Droid Does," what do you think the ad campaign for the Incredible will be? "Incredibly better than Droid?" Seems like Verizon shot itself in the foot by having this huge, powerful ad campaign for a phone that gets trumped on all fronts by the Incredible...

And thanks for posting that video, for some reason I thought the Incredible was a lot thicker. It looks pretty thin even with that back plate impression.

Yep, a scrubs reference :) I just didnt wanna flat out say vagina LOL

Upvote 0
Does anyone sometimes envy the people who have no idea what's coming out. they don't know so they can't be constantly thinking about when the device will come out, what it will look like, and what the final specs of it are. they can just go along with their lives until they see the first verizon commercial and then they're like "wow, that's pretty cool." as compared to our reaction "Bout GD time! da efff verizon that took for freakin ever!"

let me know if it's just me. lol

Oh I was one of those people. I didnt know what was coming out. I thought Droid and Eris was the cream of the crop. I saw the Droid and Eris and got super excited. Good thing I researched it before I bought either of them! Part of me not going out and buying it was because my ne2 isnt till next month. Then I saw the early stages of the Bravo and fell in love. Thats when all the bravo/passion/desire/incredible etc code names were confusing me lol. Took me forever to set them all apart. But now that I know the US isnt geting it, i'm trying to hold out for Incredible. Hope I can hold out next month! I'll be tempted more than ever to buy a phone! :(

Upvote 0
haha it's not just you. I almost wish I was a dimwit who waited until Verizon told them they had an NE2 and went to the store and found the phones that were out. It would really save the emotional strain of waiting for devices. After watching Sense in action on the Desire I really need to have it, it looks fantastic. Now the question is: Wait for the Incredible or get an N1 root it and run the Desire ROM?

Here's to hoping we get one of the two (or both :D) very soon.

if you get the one with sense, you can have both without root. just turn off sense. (but who in their right mind would want to do that haha j/k)

i really hope the NE2 is gonna do what i think it will. i've called verizon a few times this month because of problems i was having with my voyager and both times they said that I will be eligible for my NE2 and that's $100 off of a phone, then theres the rebate/online disount that they said i would get and that's usually another $100, then i have a company discount i think it's like 17%. so most likely the phone will have a 2 ear contract price of $299.99, like every other new smart phone, take away the online discount $199.99, and the NE2 $99.99, and then factor in the 17%, and i would end up paying around $83 for the phone w/o taxes. any thoughts, i may have made some mistakes in my excitement :D

Upvote 0
I apologize if this is confusing people. Let's act like adults, shall we? I may have been exaggerating, but any person who is not looking for a fight would understand what I am trying to say. Let's end this here, trolls.
I think you've overestimated how "clear" your post was... and your suggestion to "act like adults" implies you were the one with the misunderstanding. I didn't see anyone picking a fight. :(

Now I think I understand. I believe you were implying that since the Desire didn't change much from earlier pictures, we shouldn't expect the Incredible to change much either... correct?

Upvote 0
I think you've overestimated how "clear" your post was... and your suggestion to "act like adults" implies you were the one with the misunderstanding. I didn't see anyone picking a fight. :(

Now I think I understand. I believe you were implying that since the Desire didn't change much from earlier pictures, we shouldn't expect the Incredible to change much either... correct?

he just prefered to be a tool about it. no big deal.

Upvote 0
Wow - its been a while since I watched that terrible movie of the Incredible. I forgot how it looked - lol. It would be great to hear something from VZW on this phone SOON. Has anyone noticed how frequently those Droid commercials are still running? Is VZW still pushing it really hard, or have they somewhat died off? Im hoping that they are pusing the BOGO more so, and letting the Droid's popularity take a back seat. Then, maybe we can move on the the next flagship phone - Incredible. It would really suck to have to wait another 4 weeks for CTIA before we officially hear anything.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones