***Official HTC Incredible Thread***General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2010-04-29 16:31:48
  1. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Another thing is the DROID was VZW's initial Android offering. They were building up for a whole other platform. I think a better comparison might be what kind of action led up to the release of the omnia II. A higher level device on an already established platform.

Advertisement
  2. Android&Dom

Android&Dom Well-Known Member

Also remember the droid was the first android phone on Verizon, so the HUGE advertising push was probably also to tell the consumer market that Verizon is now on the android bandwagon...I would be surprised if I don't see any incredible ads after its released
  3. Android&Dom

Android&Dom Well-Known Member

haha, took me too long to type that up, damn you AIM
  4. grokr989

grokr989 Well-Known Member

How about the timing of the Eris advertising? I could only find the original press release the day before the release date:

Bring An Android Device Home For The Holidays With DROID ERIS By HTC, Exclusively From Verizon Wireless

Was the Eris even advertised before the release date?

So from what I see the Droid advertising started around
    10/19 and the Eris 11/5.

So, I guess it is possible that the Incredible gets released in a couple weeks.
  5. grokr989

Omnia II's press release was 11/23 and release was 12/2.
    No clue if they began any advertising before the press release.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2009/11/pr2009-11-23a.html
    woodraskam likes this.
  6. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

7. venom21

venom21 Well-Known Member

which would have been yesterday
  8. Androidoholic

Androidoholic Well-Known Member

First off welcome, I am new here too. From what I have gathered so far, the N1 and the Incredible should be real close in specs. I think they are saying the Incredible should have a few more bells and whistles. HD recording an so on.

The RAM issue is not official yet and I would believe it to be more in line with the RAM of the N1.

As for ATC Sense, I believe you mean HTC Sense UI? It is an overlay program that makes HTC unique from stock Android.

One of the advantages of the Incredible has to be the service you will get through Verizon. I don't believe Verizon will service the N1.

This is what I have picked up off this site anyway. Hope it helped. :D
  9. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

yes but i dont see them releasing this phone before CTIA. I dont think they will be getting anything on the 7th of march. I used to work at best buy for 4 years and my friend is the manager in the wireless area and he doesnt know of a release date yet. not to mention i know everyone in the store and the way best buy is here if one person knew about everyone would and they dont care about keeping there mouths shut
  10. Montana Man

Montana Man Well-Known Member

You'd be pretty foolish to take the word from some teenager in a blue vest, especially not having heard a PEEP from ANY other source regarding a precise release date of March 7th. I don't buy it one bit. I hope I'm wrong, though! :)
  11. Androidoholic

I agree, don't think we will hear anything before the CTIA. Four more long weeks. I hope we hear alittle news to wet our appetites till it arrives.
    shawn487 likes this.
  12. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

yes i hope we hear something or get a couple more leaked photos/videos and specs!!!
  13. daveydog

daveydog Well-Known Member

Man, I want to believe that. But I don't. (I don't mean you, I mean the BB employee...) BB and VZ employees don't really care about phones.
  14. Montana Man

This is what Best Buy has planned:

"The Devour will retail for $99 starting on February 25th, but the Droid will also be dropped to $99, and the Droid Eris is going to be free from Big Blue. Meanwhile, Verizon is sticking to its $149 pricetag at its own stores, which involves a $100 rebate."

That's straight from Best Buy's facebook page.
  15. Androidoholic

I hear you, most of the Verizon salespeople I spoke with haven't even heard of the Incredible. They give me that blank look. I actually showed a sales person the leaked photos on a Display Droid and his response was " WOW, looks like a cool phone, but they don't tell us untill a couple of days before they are released.
  16. Montana Man

JohnKuczek and Androidoholic like this.
  17. Montana Man

Sorry if this is redundant to some of you, but I wasn't sure if everyone's seen the following compilation of pictures, including one of the Incredible running Android 2.1. I really like how BIG these pictures are, so you can see plenty of details!

http://pocketnow.com/rumor/exclusive-htc-incredible-photos
  18. CameronCrazy

CameronCrazy Well-Known Member

I have been in agreement that the CTIA was our best bet for finding out any sort of information. With the talks of all of these other phone's release dates were they all first announced at some sort of world-wide event? (like MWC or CTIA) I would think no, but perhaps I am wrong. CTIA still seems like the best option especially if theyre wanting a lot of buzz. Just doesnt seem like that HAS to be when we hear about it.
  19. Montana Man

I want to preface the following in saying that the quotes found in the following 3 articles were made this month, but PRIOR to last week's MWC which has come and gone without any Incredible release date to speak of. However, they bear a common thread in that they ALL expect the Incredible to be released imminently. Please note the lines that I have in BOLD below:

ARTICLE 1

HTC Incredible camera phone

The HTC Incredible is of course equipped with a digital camera, although it is not known yet how many pixels will be included in the sensor, but we are assuming 5 Megapixels. Apparently the HTC Android smartphone will be equipped with an extra powerful flash in the form of a Dual LED flash. The social networks such as Facebook and Flickr will be included in the package offered to the HTC Incredible user. The HTC Incredible is expected to be made available in March of 2010.

Source: HTC Incredible

ARTICLE 2

HTC Incredible

We already brought you details of the HTC Incredible earlier this week, along with images of the handset itself. It looks like the phone is ready to roll, so it would be no surprise if it were launched at MWC. With a 3.7-inch touchscreen and the latest Google Android operating system, this Snapdragon-powered smartphone promises be incredibly quick.

Source: What to expect at Mobile World Congress 2010 | TheLinkExperts.co.uk

Heck, at least one site is already going so far as to get you signed up to pre-order this thing!

ARTICLE 3

The sales start: unknown Estimated price: unknown

Overview:

HTC, it seems is all set to launch its latest Android-powered smartphone - HTC Incredible. Unfortunately, however, this device fails to live up to its name. According to the info "leaked" to Pocketnow, HTC Incredible will boast of 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 256MB memory, 5-megapixel camera with dual LED flash and 3.5-inch (or possible 3.7-inch) AMOLED WVGA display....

Source: PreOrder.It | HTC Incredible announced - see specification, read reviews, leave pre-order

The bottom line is if you look hard enough, you'll find that the chatter is increasing. The Incredible IS coming - most likely sooner than later. Personally, I'd be VERY surprised if this phone's release date is not annnounced in the next 2-3 weeks. If CTIA comes and goes with no news, I'll be absolutely astonished!
    singer82, Androidoholic and hth715 like this.
  20. grokr989

Not that it has any more validity. But, the information came from the telephone sales department from Best Buy mobile not my local Best Buy. I think that date might be in their system but it could be wrong. We've seen leaked shots of Best Buys inventory of phones in the past and they turned out to be wrong.
  21. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

The Droid and Eris prices are already effective. Go check BB's website. They were like that yesterday, too, so they've already dropped those prices.
  22. DroID RaGE

DroID RaGE Well-Known Member

It occurred to me that the colored backs/back plates could just be HTC's internal way of indicating where the phone is in relation to its release. For example -
    Red = alpha
    Yellow = beta
    What do you think? With all the new phones/prototypes floating around - it seems that this would make sense.
  23. daveydog

daveydog Well-Known Member

OMG don't get me started on how incompetent THEY are. Bought wife a phone in a BB store, we returned it, and let me tell you just how difficult it was to get her upgrade eligibility restored. Good Lord. I literally went back and forth between BB and VZ about half dozen times, it was like a 3 stooges routine. Then presto! I get one person who apparently WAS trained, and she resolved it in 2 seconds. Moral of the story: Careful buying at BB if you think you might return the phone.
  24. grokr989

Maybe, makes Sense ;) One thing I know for sure is that we are all doing a great job advertising the Incredible for HTC and Verizon
  25. pequeajim

pequeajim Well-Known Member

That is a good point, and has been done before with other types of pre-release hardware; good thought.

I personally think they do it to whip the Android forum users into a frenzy... :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.