***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

Wonder if VZW will allude to that new device goin' through the fcc..
  2. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

lol was mentioned yesterday
  3. Montana Man

Montana Man Well-Known Member

"Coming soon" is relative. Remember that a week is "soon" to some, while 6 months is "soon" to others. I just hope it's not another carrot to dangle in front of us.
    Sensei Passion likes this.
  4. Reginald VelJohnson

Reginald VelJohnson Well-Known Member

For sure, but that was the first time I've had a "whoah!" moment with a cell phone in a long time. Stuff on the screen is nice, but in the end, it's all just electrons.
  5. WolfManAZ

WolfManAZ Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be nice if they annouced the Incredible has built in LTE and 3G capabilities with the front side camera for video calls.
  6. deekjx

deekjx Well-Known Member

Is boring. It was also boring yesterday. When waiting for updates about our future cell, it can server to distract you from refreshing the forum so its not too bad.
  7. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Nice, yes.

Going to happen, no.
    Sensei Passion and s34n1811 like this.
  8. android_freak

android_freak Well-Known Member

yeah i know, i just thought it was funny that they replied
  9. s34n1811

s34n1811 Well-Known Member

Last thing this forums needs is to be wound up with some crazy specs that no one has heard of....
    Sensei Passion likes this.
  10. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

That would be sweet but very unlikely at this point seeing as they've said they're first LTE device would be coming next summer.
  11. kekchi

kekchi Active Member

Even if CTIA comes and goes with no Incredible debut, I am still hopeful for some unofficial leaks. From MWC, we got a video leak. LV is full of tech people and alcohol, the odds are in our favor that we will hear/see something new.
  12. akrulez308

akrulez308 Active Member

I love how the tags for this thread include the phrases "addicted" and "unhealthy obsession". :D
  13. ChuchoElChido

ChuchoElChido Member

At this moment any OFFICIAL announcement would be welcomed, although it certainly would be nice.
  14. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

First time poster, so please be kind if I make any wrong assumptions in asking this question: in comparing the Incredible and the Evo, why do some people knock the Sprint network so badly?

My understanding is that with respect to voice -

* Sprint and Verizon use the exact same technology and frequencies
    * Sprint subscribers automatically roam to Verizon towers if a Sprint tower is not available (at no add'l cost)
    * In other words, if you can make/receive a call on Verizon, you can make/receive a call on Sprint

My understanding is that with respect to data -

* If you're in a Wimax 4G city on Sprint, you get Wimax 4G
    * If you're not in a Wimax 4G city, you get Sprint 3G
    * If you can't get either Sprint 4G or 3G, you degrade to Sprint 1x
    * If you can't get any Sprint data, you degrade to Verizon 1x (at no add'l cost)

For purposes of comparing which of these devices might be best for me, can people tell me if I have these facts correct or not?
  15. Fatalah

Fatalah Well-Known Member

I think we're just fueling each other's obsession. Seriously, if you guys weren't here posting every 2 seconds, I'd be at NeoGaf.
  16. IncrediBoyz

IncrediBoyz Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can use (at least on VZW) your number as an email address. eg. 1234567890@vtext.com
  17. greggds

greggds Well-Known Member

works well enough you can use your big toes to work the slider as Megan Fox demonstrated on the commercial with those thumbs of hers.
  18. Montana Man

Montana Man Well-Known Member

Lmao! I saw that too! I guess we're a hopeless bunch!!
  19. DroidAV8R

DroidAV8R Well-Known Member

Since we spoke about the phone being a VZW exclusive, 8MP camera and Sense UI over Android 2.1 I doubt it.
  20. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Well-Known Member

Where the hell is Anonimac???
  21. CheezWiz

CheezWiz Well-Known Member

I have a co-worker on Sprint and that is what he claims as well. However, if you could get Verizon 3G as a fallback, I would be sold on Sprint. Data coverage is what is key for me and around my parts, that would mean mostly 1x... However, I have always been skeptical of his claims..
  22. Skratte

Skratte Well-Known Member

Looking for a tooth.
    woop, kyler13, IncrediBoyz and 6 others like this.
  23. DroidAV8R

DroidAV8R Well-Known Member

As a "damn westerner," I agree! I'd love to wake up to news I can read over coffee than wait for it myself:D
  24. greggds

greggds Well-Known Member

If I were in Vegas and got zero news on our device, I would probably be sleeping one off.
  25. vladfan

vladfan Well-Known Member

I knock the Sprint network because it didn't work for me. I had no reception at my office or at home and would drop calls constantly. I am in the Los Angeles during the day(all over LA County) and 45 miles away when I go home. I just couldn't handle not getting what I was paying for. Verizon has been 100 times better.
    Just my .02 cents
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.