• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad assumption. By that logic it will never happen. People have been using "end of the BOGO deal" theory since November as an indicator of when something will be released. Let me just give you some insight on how this goes: on April 1st, there will be another BOGO deal initiated. It'll last until the next one. And so on, and so forth, yada, yada, yada, etc.

People think that once a BOGO ends they can't return the phones. They forget that 30 days is always 30 days, and that Verizon doesn't care about a few returns from a better phone. BOGO's are about contracts and data add-on packages.

The Eris will be right next to the Incredible on stores shelves and online. There is no waiting for that phone to be gone. They serve two different markets for the same purpose as I said a paragraph up.

Upvote 0
Steven58, how bout you post some useful information instead of your usual drivel...

:D:D:D hahaha...I always get a crack out of your posts

Where the heck is a MOD when you need them? It's like when you see someone doing 120 mph and weaving lanes and there are no cops around to get them! :mad: :rolleyes: :p :D

Upvote 0
Agreed! Not to mention that they would literally have to scrap this phone, re-design it, re-test it, and put it through FCC again. By that time, they might as well have released the Incredible, and then built an LTE successor to that.

True, they would have to scrap the whole damn thing. Now there could be an Incredible 2 on the drawing board for LTE. But at the very least LTE needs another frequency to the radio and hence the need for new FCC approval. I would imagine internal hardware outside of the radio would need to be changed as well.

Ha! Coincidence strikes again:cool:

Upvote 0
Steven58....

I'm quite surprised you're so worried about your 700th post and making it sooo special when you just wasted your 700th THANK on woodraskam earlier on the page.

Tisk Tisk.

Hey now....I'm very honored to be Steven58's 700th thank.

Thanks, Steven58.

(Maybe that will get me in good with his daughter):D

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
WHEW... I just spent 2 hours reading the posts since yesterday.

Cant wait for montana to drop the bomb and have us all creamin our pants LOL!
Man, wish my "box" got this much attention LOL

I've been toying with giving sprint another chance and switch for the EVO. My goodfriend said he gets really good coverage here in Colorado Springs (speaking of anybody on here live in Colorado?). And the everything for 99$ is awesome cause my ass is brrroookkkeeee. Verizon is kinda on the high side. So cmon incredible! Blow that mofo out of the water! Give me a reason to stay verizon!

Reactions: DroidInJax
Upvote 0
heres my awesome source...

No....anytime you have questions, please feel free to contact me.. I have not heard of any new htc phones that are being intoduced, but that doesn't mean that they are not in production....the only new droid that is being introduced at present is the Motorola Devour(it launched today)...phones are talked about all the time on the web, but some never come to fruition, or they are released for other carriers, or just changed mid production to meet the current demand...but I have not heard of any new ones from htc...but if I hear anything, I will be sure to shoot you an email, or you can continue to check in periodically...I love talkin' tech!!!!

they are like freaking robots reading from a script or a blonde... either one..

cant hurt to try....

Upvote 0

I've been toying with giving sprint another chance and switch for the EVO. My goodfriend said he gets really good coverage here in Colorado Springs (speaking of anybody on here live in Colorado?). And the everything for 99$ is awesome cause my ass is brrroookkkeeee. Verizon is kinda on the high side. So cmon incredible! Blow that mofo out of the water! Give me a reason to stay verizon!

My reason to stay with Verizon...22% off corporate discount on my minutes and data plan...and also I hear Sprint is terrible where I am, just north of NYC.

Upvote 0
Verizon isn't going to shoehorn LTE into the Incredible. That would basically push it off 6 months from now. But the idea they might be reworking it based on the EVO isn't so far fetched. I'm not sure if the 8MP camera in the Incredible is the same as the EVO, but I would think 1-for-1 that the Incredible should be capable of 720p recording if the EVO is. Perhaps they want the appropriate hardware to ensure that. Also, I do recall someone saying a month or so back that the Incredible was intended to be a multimedia-centric phone. I'm all but sure based on the pics and the info from NKT et al that there's no mini-hdmi on it, and perhaps THAT is what Verizon wants reworked into the phone: HD capabilities, both recording and output. I'm pretty sure you can rework peripheral components as long as the radio and antenna don't change in build and location within the handset. Right now 4G isn't THAT big of a deal. Sprint's WiMax coverage isn't all that great, but Verizon has far better 3G coverage. Aside from the limited coverage, the EVO might as well be considered 3G and if the Incredible gets HD capability, really it's screen size and very limited 4G (Sprint) up against AMOLED and nearly blanket 3G (Verizon). As for the Sprint roaming, someone on here quoted before that Sprint roams on Verizon's network with 1xRTT for data which is painfully slow. It's not the same as being with Verizon.

Reactions: ANDROID_LOVER
Upvote 0

Lady, the images you just put in my head....well, anyway....that s**t is HOT!!

Reactions: singer82
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones