***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norril

Norril Well-Known Member

What I have been able to tell is that the Evo will be a little thicker than HD2 and also has a bigger battery, which seems to confirm it. Still, not fat by any means. I am going to a Tmobile store to play with HD2 this weekend and get a feel for it, compared to N1/Inc/Eris size.
  2. Nigelahmad

Nigelahmad Well-Known Member

So i had a dream that i randomly ended up with 3 DROIDs for free last night...and i actually had an adroid phone!! then i woke up...

So can we pretty much say May ? By then the the return period for the BOGO customers will be up, since the sale ends on the last day of March?

I just hope that when that happens, they dont start leaking news about the Shadow.
  3. CoolBradG

CoolBradG Member

I've been following this thread for 3 weeks now and I'm getting ready to get my first smart phone but I'm waiting on the Incredible and BlackBerry Bold 9650 to come out so I can see which one I like better.

Thank goodness my LG Glimmer still works fine even though its a piece of junk.
  4. Fatalah

Fatalah Well-Known Member

I find that most announcements are made early in the work week, Monday through Wednesday. Once Thursday hits, the probability of official news gets worse.

Unofficial leaks can always happen during the weekend though, as with the NexusOne. Remember how Google had given out the phone to employees right before the December Holiday weekend? That was a fun time.

What's weird with the Incredible is how the buzz all the started with a great leaked video, but we've gotten nothing else since! That's probably why we're all going nuts! That damn video!

5. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

If you check how out VZW lately, they are releasing different stuff in a timely manner. Mainly over the past 1-2.5 weeks...

The whole skype announcment, the devour, now the new my verizon, a couple low end phones thrown in.

I want to think that the Incredible will be announced in a few weeks, like we have been discussing. It just makes sense. They got the other stuff out of the way and can focus on a bigger announcment for the Incredible.

That will give the devour some time in the spotlight (on vzw.com anyway lol) and then they can push the Incredible. Also, (I know people hate on the testman site), but the banner still reads the unlimited $39.99. It is probably an error, but how would you make an error on a banner by mistake? Ya know? I would think it would be more difficult to make an error on a banner (you would catch it) than say in the text on the site or something.

Maybe when they announce the Incredible they will introdruce a new plan or promotion or something. Just a thought. I think the phone is on its way and I bet in a week or so we get even more info from our stellar sources! ;)
  6. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

^^^ (sorry can't edit :cool:) They have the family plan unlimited for $69.99 on testman. So they made 2 mistakes? Wouldn't that have been caught? I dunno, it probably is a mistake, but almost seems like it would be difficult not to catch that or even make that kind of mistake. From the little work I have done with banners, they are more difficult to edit/create than just messin' with text on the page.
  7. Fatalah

Fatalah Well-Known Member

My theory is that Verizon is looking to clear out Eris inventory before they add a new model to their product line. No business wants to cannibalize the sales of a phone that they have invested millions in marketing and manufacturing.

8. nunyabizness

nunyabizness Well-Known Member

That's what I ended up doing. I had a Pre Plus and was getting close to the end of my 30 days so I swapped it for the Eris on Thursday night. I'm surprised at how much I actually like it. I went in the store thinking of exchanging it for a Devour (I know, I know...but the Droid wasn't an option due to the light sensor/long hair issue) because that was the only other Android device with a physical keyboard. But I played with the Eris for a bit and realized that if men can type on virtual keys, surely I can with smaller female hands! Anyway, I figure once the Incredible materializes I'll just pay retail for it and put the Eris on eBay or Craigslist to recoup some of the $.
  9. nunyabizness

nunyabizness Well-Known Member

Hmm, I wonder if I can change my plan from the Testman site?! :D That'd save me $50/month!
  10. Droidseeker

Droidseeker Active Member

Can someone give me some hope or insight that the HTC incredible is not just the Verizon Nexus1 with Sense UI loaded as they are now doing with the T-mobile version.
  11. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

Oh def. That's probably the #1 reason!
  12. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

hahah, That'd be awesome!
  13. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

Man, my 1k post is gonna be on probation!? MODS, can we do anything to help a brotha out? :cool: :eek: :D
  14. MacGruber

MacGruber Member

I don't necessarily agree with this they are still selling the Storm 1 (which they spent a ton on advertising) and the Storm 2 has been out since November.
  15. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

If you check the evergreen specs page that gives you the Incred. specs (what we know so far) and you could compare it with the N1.

The Incred has sense, a better camera, the friend stream media experience thing, its slightly smaller, but .01mm thicker (most likely due to the camera), I think it may have some more memory or ram/rom or something along those lines. I am sure a more tech savvy member could chime in!
  16. Scrops

Scrops Well-Known Member

GlowingMoose, xfuchsiax and Kappy like this.
  17. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

18. stevedub40

stevedub40 Member

Well, I just sent a nice lengthy email to Vice President Lowell McAdam about the HTC Incredible, which was very professional and in good taste. I doubt that he will even read the email, but hopefully if they realize how many people are concerned about the phone, it may put a fire under their you know what.
    exterran likes this.
  19. jwhittle

jwhittle Well-Known Member

ok i know im asking the same question but have to know will i be able to have a pop3 email acct on the incredible or any other android phone?
  20. v4npro

v4npro Well-Known Member

Scrops likes this.
  21. kway64

kway64 Well-Known Member

I did the same to Mr. Seidenberg yesterday and I expect about the same.
  22. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

Omnia and omnia 2 also. There's been points where the omnia has been free online, I think it's at $10 again though.

Too bad the omnia 2 was windows mobile. It has a very good screen and a 800mhz cpu. I probably would have just bought it this weekend if it were android.
  23. sqlgeek

sqlgeek Well-Known Member

Wife wants to try this - 1 to 1 on the proportions?

24. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Yeah, I usually go 1-1 on the vodka, pucker, and dew, but I'd probably say 1/5 vodka, 2/5 pucker, and 2/5 dew, cause they're pretty potent. For the Crystal light, just sprinkle a little on top and mix it in, and you can always add a little more.
    sqlgeek likes this.
  25. NocturnalJazz

NocturnalJazz Well-Known Member

Don't waste this like Steven's "instant death" comment.

... im still bitter about that. ;)
    Kappy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.