• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand:

If you return the phones, you will have to pay the restocking fee on both phones. You'll only get the money for the phone you paid for, and if you only return one, they treat it as the free one. So if you return 1, you pay $35 and get nothing back. If you return 2, you get the money you paid for 1 phone and have to pay $70 for restocking...THEN you have to pay for 2 new phones because you have 2 lines active unless you pay the early term fee.
Good point with the early termination fee. I totally overlooked that.

Yeah, for me, that would be a deal-breaker if I thought about returning a Droid/Eris/Whatever for a Incredible.

Upvote 0
No trainings are scheduled for the reps in my location. Not this week and not as far out as our current schedule goes (around one month). But the majority of devices don't get a face to face training. Most get an online training, and these are often released right before the device. The Incredible is similar enough to our current devices that I expect only an online training.

The ADR6300VW and ADR6300DU still show up as skus, but quantities remain zero in all locations I can search.

I certainly share everyone's impatience regarding a release date or official announcement of some kind. However, phone calls, emails, tweets, and store visits simply aren't going to dig up any info. Customer facing employees at this time have no official information regarding the Incredible. Anything you hear will simply be hearsay and rumors, probably less informed than this forum.

If any internal information trickles down to the front lines of VZW, you have can be assured that it will show up here. But I honestly expect that to be the same time VZW makes a public announcement.

I'm still going to ask them. I have to. I always have. I always will. I asked them waaaaaaay before I became a forumite. It's tradition! :) :p

Upvote 0
Seems like no one mentioned it so i'll put it out there.

Maybe the "surprise" for the VZW Nexus One is Flash 10.1 (doubt it somewhat) but anything is possible. I feel like the VZW Nexus One can have anything now, better software, better touchscreen, optical trackpad?

I doubt it would be software - if there was an update on Android, the other N1's would probably receive it too. So thats kind of a short lived surprise.

I doubt it would be hardware - wouldn't we see a new FCC filing?

I just pray it isnt Skype integration...

Upvote 0

Maybe the "surprise" for the VZW Nexus One is Flash 10.1 (doubt it somewhat) but anything is possible. I feel like the VZW Nexus One can have anything now, better software, better touchscreen, optical trackpad?

I know you said you doubt it, but to add at how doubtful flash 10 is for the nexus one, google hates flash. Adobe overcharges for it like crazy and people are too dependent on it. That's like half of the point of html5 - no need for flash.

Upvote 0
I doubt it would be software - if there was an update on Android, the other N1's would probably receive it too. So thats kind of a short lived surprise.

I doubt it would be hardware - wouldn't we see a new FCC filing?

I just pray it isnt Skype integration...
Yea, im just guessing, putting things out there.

I pray its something good and worth waiting for..........

Upvote 0

Just curious - I noticed several posts ago some folks were saying (and I paraphrase) that they need to say it is an optical trackpad. Isn't the option on Blackberries and the Nexus One called a trackball? Would a trackpad not have to be optical by default? Again, just a thought :D

Upvote 0
BOY..... It sure would be nice to be able to edit posts again.... I'm REALLY, REALLY sorry for posting dumb pictures... That was INCREDIBLY stupid.. :eek::eek:

You can share my account until you come off of probation, if you wish... only indicate that it's from you not me. People will think I'm getting stupid, all of a sudden, if you don't. :p

I;)

Upvote 0
Just curious - I noticed several posts ago some folks were saying (and I paraphrase) that they need to say it is an optical trackpad. Isn't the option on Blackberries and the Nexus One called a trackball? Would a trackpad not have to be optical by default? Again, just a thought :D
o wait, i did say optical trackpad. I think we only started using the term trackpad when they came out with optical tackpads. Trackball refers to an actual ball lol rolling like on the old mouse we used to have for the computers.

Upvote 0
This may be bordering on OT, so PM me if you can help......

Anyone know of an app or a setting that will display incoming caller id in LARGE FONT SIZE?
I wear reading glasses, and nothing frustrates me more than not being able to read the incoming call detail on my crappy razr without jamming teh glasses on. From what I've read, and seen when ripping through the settings on the Droid and Eris, there does not appear to be an Android display setting for this. Anyone??

I have my phones set to tell me who's calling. Like "Incoming Call. Name Mobile 1." or "Incoming Call. 555-5555."

Upvote 0
This is NOT a flame, just an observation. :D:D

This thread is like a bunch of kids camping out around the box office for a week to get tickets to a Hanna Montana concert and talking about what songs she will sing, what she will wear, will the seats be good, when the box office will open.....

Awww, c'mon - at least make it something geeky like a Star Wars first showing or at minimal a Harry Potter movie Midnight Showing... :D:D:D

Upvote 0
I have my phones set to tell me who's calling. Like "Incoming Call. Name Mobile 1." or "Incoming Call. 555-5555."

I haven't owned an android but I assume you can have a large size picture on it as well? Picture>just name.

Windows mobile can have pictures but on a 2.5" screen they are the size of my fingernail with a huge amount of empty space around them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones