• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares about Vcast, craps useless lol

I would have a Nexus One by now on T-mobile, but i just discovered my mom doesn't get government discounts from T-mobile, atleast nothing compared to what she can get on Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint.

I honestly think it's going to be a good couple of weeks before this thing comes. Especially if that text was true and the HTC Incredible is having issues with VZW network. I have a feeling the Nexus One is just going to pop up and be on sale by the end of this week.

Upvote 0
Ok I need help.

So I have been waiting for the nexus one for a while and have been tracking the a nexus one forum. obviously everyone there is hard core bout the nexus. since we have no dates for ether I am considering the first to be release. but I know so much about the nexus one and almost nothing about the incredible. since you guys are all about the incredible can you tell me why the incredible is better. I have seen the specs of both so I know that much. what about rooting community. nexus one is strong.

Upvote 0
my source found this image of the htc nexus one in the cellebrite system which is the program vzw uses to transfer numbers from one phone to another..... no incredible in there tho my source says..
WTH is the HTC Apache and HTC Harrier. It's like freaking COD:MW2 or Battlefield Bad Company 2........

Damn though, shame that theres no info, anything about those boxes or whatever?

Upvote 0
WTH is the HTC Apache and HTC Harrier. It's like freaking COD:MW2 or Battlefield Bad Company 2........

Damn though, shame that theres no info, anything about those boxes or whatever?
They're EXTREMELY old, OLD phones. >_< Maybe not that old, but regardless, they're OLD.

Also, HD2 on there because it makes sense to have it on there. You can be from another carrier then team up with VZW for new service and then give them your old phone to snatch contacts from. It's not unheard of. >_<

Upvote 0
Who cares about Vcast, craps useless lol

I would have a Nexus One by now on T-mobile, but i just discovered my mom doesn't get government discounts from T-mobile, atleast nothing compared to what she can get on Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint.

I honestly think it's going to be a good couple of weeks before this thing comes. Especially if that text was true and the HTC Incredible is having issues with VZW network. I have a feeling the Nexus One is just going to pop up and be on sale by the end of this week.

I honestly don't think the HTC Incredible would be having issues with the network. HTC has made numerous phones for the VZW network before, and maybe I am wrong, but I don't see why they all the sudden would be having issues with it. I could see if this phone were to be released as an LTE phone, maybe trying to push that new technology in there would create issues, but not a network they have created multiple phones for.

Upvote 0
my source found this image of the htc nexus one in the cellebrite system which is the program vzw uses to transfer numbers from one phone to another..... no incredible in there tho my source says..

Verizon uses it to transfer numbers but doesn't seem to be any reason that the source phone would have to be a Verizon (CDMA) phone. Most of those phones are known to be available as GSM phones except the Hero which is listed as CDMA. That Nexus One is most likely just added to support all Nexus One models whether GSM or CDMA. Pulling data off the phone is about interfacing with the hardware via the sync port and shouldn't have anything to do with the radio.

Upvote 0
Ok I need help.

So I have been waiting for the nexus one for a while and have been tracking the a nexus one forum. obviously everyone there is hard core bout the nexus. since we have no dates for ether I am considering the first to be release. but I know so much about the nexus one and almost nothing about the incredible. since you guys are all about the incredible can you tell me why the incredible is better. I have seen the specs of both so I know that much. what about rooting community. nexus one is strong.

I dont know if anyone read my post but this forum is running so fast I want to make sure it had a chance.

Upvote 0

I'm going to guess other carriers use this system too since there's a few non-VZW phones listed. My guess is that the N1 is in there from another carrier..... :(

Just my guess though. I hope I'm wrong! :cool:

Edit: too slow!

Upvote 0
I dont know if anyone read my post but this forum is running so fast I want to make sure it had a chance.

The Incredible will have it's support soon after it's release. Of course the nexus one has such a vast community. That's because it's actually out in the open with that ability to root. Believe me, the Incredible is definitely going to be a phone to get and live for the next four months until a newer, better phone us released. :)

Upvote 0
Man hope Friday is really a "Good Friday". This secret stuff is getting to me. I can't believe that this phone still doesn't have any press, leaked release dates, or official announcements. If they really hold this phone until May ...

Anyway, I was wondering what's going to happen when the iPhone drops ... I hope Verizon doesn't become another AT&T and start neglecting Android just because they got the iPhone. With devices like the Incredible coming (we hope soon) I would think they will continue to support Android as it there best seller as of now.

Upvote 0
The Incredible will have it's support soon after it's release. Of course the nexus one has such a vast community. That's because it's actually out in the open with that ability to root. Believe me, the Incredible is definitely going to be a phone to get and live for the next four months until a newer, better phone us released. :)
Nexus One has such a large community because it's going to be on all four carriers. It's also got the brand name going for it. A lot of regular everyday people out there don't know what the heck HTC is.

iPhone has the largest community because well, it's the freaking iPhone. They got some good ass developers and people there though not gonna lie.

The rendering pictures of the HTC Incredible look incredible sexy right now, but that photo where he smudged the screen via photoshop, looks kinda bad with the glossy face. The black back still looks pretty good though.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones