• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #1! I've been following this thread for WAY too long and realized, I really want this phone, but have no experience with Android OS. I've always used BB's for work and personal and while I do like the functionality, they are pretty boring and and feel outdated in terms of hardware and software. I've currently got a storm 1 (POS) and only run a few apps due to very low memory. Can anyone share their experiences switching from BB to the android platform? What will I be giving up vs what will I be getting new, etc.

I've enjoyed following this thread, thanks for keeping it fun while we wait.

Upvote 0
So, I heard that Verizon's internal name for the Incredible is actualy h Phantom. How funny (or not) is that?

Yea OK!

4477891698_608c1e8263.jpg

Upvote 0
Underclocking would not be terrible as a battery-saving measure as long as there were a way to turn underclocking off. Sometimes the processor is needed and sometimes it isn't, just depends on the application.

An auto setting would be nice that would notice when the user needs more process cycles, then suspend underclocking until the phone's owner goes idle.

Just my $0.02.

Cell phone processors aren't always running at that clock. They idle much, much lower and only use the extra power if needed.

Upvote 0
I was thinking of upgrading for a month to the Droid, but a) what if the "Axis" doesn't come out for over a month? and B) It seems a bit sleazy, to me, to buy something when I know I'm just going to return it. Hmm....

Don't you dare, Steven. If I've gotta suffer with my XV6900, so does everybody else that owns one. Damn screen is peeling again....

Upvote 0
Don't you dare, Steven. If I've gotta suffer with my XV6900, so does everybody else that owns one. Damn screen is peeling again....

actually, this 6900 is only about a few months old. I just replaced it for a 50.00 repair fee, as I had gotten the old one wet. It's going to be my replacement if I need a stopgap if my new phone needs repair.

Upvote 0
Post #1! I've been following this thread for WAY too long and realized, I really want this phone, but have no experience with Android OS. I've always used BB's for work and personal and while I do like the functionality, they are pretty boring and and feel outdated in terms of hardware and software. I've currently got a storm 1 (POS) and only run a few apps due to very low memory. Can anyone share their experiences switching from BB to the android platform? What will I be giving up vs what will I be getting new, etc.

I've enjoyed following this thread, thanks for keeping it fun while we wait.

LMAO!!! I like your name...you been on backa lacka dacka street looking for the incredible? LOL!:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones