• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, why does everyone think the Incredible is going to be priced higher that the Droid? I was hoping of spending no more that $200.

Because you can buy a Droid for $20 or less. Amazon is currently hawking Verizon's flagship Android device for the low, low price of $19.99.*

*with 2 year service plan.

As far as pricing at launch, who knows.

Reactions: guywhoneedsphone
Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick responses! Is anyone else concerned about the screen quality of this phone? The Nexus One, which supposedly utilizes the same screen, has been known to have some quality issues regarding inaccurate color. Also, its screen has a lower bit depth (or so I have heard) than the Droid, as well as lower resolution. This is not something that would stop me from buying the Incredible over the Droid, but certainly something that I think is important IMHO.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick responses! Is anyone else concerned about the screen quality of this phone? The Nexus One, which supposedly utilizes the same screen, has been known to have some quality issues regarding inaccurate color. Also, its screen has a lower bit depth (or so I have heard) than the Droid, as well as lower resolution. This is not something that would stop me from buying the Incredible over the Droid, but certainly something that I think is important IMHO.

From what I've seen, each screen is great. The AMOLED screen of the N1 is better with colors than the DROID, and the DROID is better than the N1 with text.

N1: 800x480
DROID:854x480

N1: Samsung AMOLED screen
DROID: Samsung TFT (I think it's a Samsung....)

BTW they both suck in sunlight, and we've yet to see if the Incredible uses the updated version of the N1's screen... :cool:

Don't retort, just report!

Upvote 0
So to help pass the time, can we all agree that the box that was sent to a random store in Montana was a fake? haha

Don't go stirring up controversy AGAIN!!!!!!!! :mad:

We've been through this, and it really doesn't matter if it was real or not because it's not in Montana's hands.

Don't screw with the senior members, lol. :D:cool:

Upvote 0
anyone know if you will be able to root the incredible?

You can root all Android phones, and it will probably be quick and easy to root the Incredible because many similar Verizon and HTC devices have already been rooted.

Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0

From what I've seen, each screen is great. The AMOLED screen of the N1 is better with colors than the DROID, and the DROID is better than the N1 with text.

N1: 800x480
DROID:854x480

N1: Samsung AMOLED screen
DROID: Samsung TFT (I think it's a Samsung....)

BTW they both suck in sunlight, and we've yet to see if the Incredible uses the updated version of the N1's screen... :cool:

Though the specs for resolution may appear close, the Nexus One's screens uses a different pixels arrangement. Here is a link that explains the difference in resolution: Secrets of the Nexus One's screen: science, color, and hacks

Also, here is a link that explains the bit depth differences: Google Nexus One OLED Display Shoot-Out

Upvote 0
Though the specs for resolution may appear close, the Nexus One's screens uses a different pixels arrangement. Here is a link that explains the difference in resolution: Secrets of the Nexus One's screen: science, color, and hacks

Also, here is a link that explains the bit depth differences: Google Nexus One OLED Display Shoot-Out

I've seen this article. I was trying to say about that, because the N1 is suppose dot be better with colors with weird pixel arrangement, but bad with text.

Upvote 0
It's not for a lack of trying :D

I think I've now tried just about every possible url format for images and swf's on testman / smartphone resource center... even used firebug and wrote scripts to scan through ranges of numbers when necessary. Found nothing so far.

What confused me, however, is the question of what would show up in My Verizon if you were testing the Incredible. Assuming they don't have some generic "unknown" image (which is actually probably the case), you would expect to find an image at something like https://scache.vzw.com/images_b2c/phones/thumb/htc_incredible.png

I tried all different variants of "htc incredible" and "ADR6300VW" and found nothing.

The search continues...

Upvote 0
I think I've now tried just about every possible url format for images and swf's on testman / smartphone resource center... even used firebug and wrote scripts to scan through ranges of numbers when necessary. Found nothing so far.

What confused me, however, is the question of what would show up in My Verizon if you were testing the Incredible. Assuming they don't have some generic "unknown" image (which is actually probably the case), you would expect to find an image at something like https://scache.vzw.com/images_b2c/phones/thumb/htc_incredible.png

I tried all different variants of "htc incredible" and "ADR6300VW" and found nothing.

The search continues...

Thanks for trying:)

Upvote 0
Trust me todays generation buys online and if they like the look of the nexus they will buy it. People who don't know how to buy online probably wouldn't know how to use a smart phone :p

One thing I dislike about the nexus is the trackball :/ - that design is so ancient and makes the nexus look a 100 years old.

It is not about knowing HOW to buy online.... it is about WHAT one is willing to buy online. Personally I think most people want to see and play with they phone they are going to be stuck with for 1-2 years before they buy it. I buy a lot of things online... and I am not exactly a kid at 49. My parents buy NOTHING online. But there are things I will NOT buy online... a phone is one of them... and I know how to use a smart phone. :p

Upvote 0
my fact finding mission:
So I go to a super walmart and started to snoop around the phone area. Worker asked if I needed any help and I asked him if any new android devices were coming out. He said the "Devour just got released blah blah blah" I then asked what about with android 2.1? He responded that " Droid will be getting 2.1 soon". I said thanks for the help and left saddened. :/

Upvote 0
It is not about knowing HOW to buy online.... it is about WHAT one is willing to buy online. Personally I think most people want to see and play with they phone they are going to be stuck with for 1-2 years before they buy it. I buy a lot of things online... and I am not exactly a kid at 49. My parents buy NOTHING online. But there are things I will NOT buy online... a phone is one of them... and I know how to use a smart phone. :p

I agree. I want to be able to actually look at it, hold it in my hands and play with it!
What if I don't like it? Such a hassle to package it back up and return it. I certainly know HOW to buy things online but any kind of big purchase I want to see it on site.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones