***Official HTC Incredible Thread***General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Sisaacs

Sisaacs Well-Known Member

One of the quotes in question is :
    VZWOffers

@shawnaisaacs Hi Shawn, Yes the HTC Incredible does seem to be in demand! What do you think of #Droid, by the way

Doesn't so much acknowledge it's existence rather than acknowledges the interest in it. I certainly didn't take it for much when I received it.

Advertisement
  2. JLR

JLR Member

I'm not up for a renewal or NE2 until December, but I'd still like to see this phone come out SOON. I'm already salivating at being able to ditch my LG Dare and HP iPaq210, so I can quit carrying around two devices all the time.
    I already checked out that most of the Windows Mobile apps I use have Android versions (except for the custom one that I wrote and will have to rewrite whenever I get my phone).
    I'd go with the Droid, but I can't get over the crummy keyboard.
  3. Sisaacs

you're welcome :p

p.s. to kappy and Montana Man- glad to see you guys back
  4. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

I had the same thought.....if Stevie J. dropped some kind of iRed announcement on the 8th, I'm sure HTC would be losing quite a few phone purchases.
  5. CrustyJuggler

CrustyJuggler Active Member

Someone posted earlier that they have 2200 stores, but there was also a theory that the number in warehouse was number of cases rather than individual handsets. I wouldn't worry about a shortage. If you're on this thread, you'll probably be there waiting for them to unlock the doors the morning of release like most of us :D
  6. tdub88

tdub88 Well-Known Member

I would have answered, "I think it sucks. WHEN is the Incredible coming out? And don't say "SOON"."
  7. Sisaacs

My answer :
    @VZWOffers-FUNFACT- Noone tweeting you about the htc Incredible is interested in the Droid. End of Story.

Really dont think they care what we tweet- They will release it on THEIR schedule- not ours
    foreWard and talzz2 like this.
  8. shnoobles

shnoobles Well-Known Member

i asked them to define soon and they wouldnt :p
  9. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

EVO is rumored to have more RAM than Incredible. Rumor is 8-10 GB total, so probably something like 1GB RAM plus 8MB flash (movinand).

Apparently Sprint's agreement with HTC is: "whatever the Incredible gets, the EVO gets more."

I'm kidding.

Maybe.
  10. CrustyJuggler

CrustyJuggler Active Member

It's frustrating for me because I already have unlimited data for $15. So I'll be paying an extra $15/mo just to own the Incredible.
  11. androidrage

androidrage Active Member

so tweet back "i think the droid looks like old news compared to the HD2 and the EVO. show me how verizon will compete, or i'll pick one of the current winners!"

edit: you already posted your reply
  12. shnoobles

shnoobles Well-Known Member

13. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

vz competes on network..sometimes i feel trapped.
  14. Isror

Isror Well-Known Member

I would have said "The Droid is soooo 2009..."
    Sisaacs likes this.
  15. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

So the question is, are they trying to steal the thunder before or after the Incredible is announced. Apple usually likes to 'leak' their schedule to the public earlier than 3 days beforehand, so maybe they know something about a release schedule that we don't.

1. They tried to scare HTC. HTC didn't back down.

2. They tried to get an injunction against all HTC phones coming into the US. Failed again.

3. This may be their last ditch effort to try and divert attention to their next iPhone.
    Incrediboy and Logic like this.
  16. E2EKIEL

E2EKIEL Active Member

Its actually going to be called HTC TWO WEEKS:rolleyes:
    onlyever, Incrediboy and GlockGuy80 like this.
  17. jgalvar

jgalvar Active Member

I would think Verizon would lose most. HTC doesn't really care if the consumer gets the phone yet...That's Verizons job. As long as HTC is selling bulk to verizon then they've got money in the bank. When the inc. comes out, it will sell out and HTC will have to sell a buttload to Verizon again.
  18. Vtsdan

Vtsdan Well-Known Member

I don't worry about the size one bit, and I probably wouldn't mind having that extra real estate. I do like the sound of the more ram and built in storage on the Incredible.. but hey, the EVO has a front facing camera, larger screen, and the cost would be cheaper in the long run... both have their benefits... but right now the biggest thing sprint has IMO, I that it's officially confirmed and released specs on their device.
  19. Vtsdan

Vtsdan Well-Known Member

HTC-DNF ... Duke Nukem Forever!
  20. kshel

kshel Well-Known Member

If today is the 10 yr anniversary and tonight is the final four.....maybe a revealing commercial to stir things up??
  21. appsmgr

appsmgr Well-Known Member

just curious, how do you get unlimited data for $15? are you grandfathered into an old agreement, or...?
  22. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

I decided to get the Droid to tide me over until the Incredible comes out and so far it's a decent device. There are plenty of things that could use a change/upgrade but until the Incredible drops it's a good enough fix for me.
  23. rdalecki

rdalecki Well-Known Member

Inventor of the cell phone Dr. Martin Cooper.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.