1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Official HTC One M8 Prime (Prime8/Primate/Plus) Rumors and Speculation Thread (updated title 5/30)

1. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Yeah, source for that posted earlier and what I referred to earlier.

I didn't say no 805.

What I said was, no way they're not doing a QHD 805 this year, be it a Prime, Plus or other.
  2. EarlyMon

Steven58 likes this.
  3. EarlyMon

No.

Fwiw, what I answered earlier in anticipation of that question was they likely had multiple preproduction prototypes floating around that are not the same.

They've done it before. So has Motorola. I've seen them do it.

Hence each source claiming to have all info on the final product would be wrong when maybe they have just info on one candidate.

TH/DR -

Take a QHD screen of unspecified size greater than the M8, 805 SoC, and change something else per the norm, how about the camera, whatever.

It's coming this year.

The "new today" leak about the Plus is not new today, I'd seen it a few weeks ago.
  4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Fair enough. Whatever the newest HTC device comes in, I'll plan on a QHD 805. They had me at that anyway. Well that and internal storage.
  5. EarlyMon

Or Lenovo buys them too and it never happens! :rofl:
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Pardon me... I have to be over dramatic, as usual, and shoot myself in the face. Brb.
  7. EarlyMon

Plus, still assuming it happens, I'll be able to upgrade to the last and best of the 32-bit Snapdragons and put off the 64-bit nonsense that much longer.

I've owned the Snapdragon S1, S2, S3, S4 (which are trade names and why I will always refuse to refer to an SGS3 or SGS4 that way) and I'll have the last of the series. Couldn't afford the ones in between but oh well.
  8. EarlyMon

[​IMG]
    Steven58 likes this.
  9. Steven58

Well I was playing with my wife's s5. It is a fine and fast phone fit sure. I may just have to get it.
  10. iowabowtech

Well, whatever "it" is will be the phone of 2014 regardless of what countless others have tried to make the phone of 2014. I do hope they don't get carried away with size though. I'm not wanting a phablet but there may be no choice on that.

What I do want however...the love of my life...the beautiful, gorgeous, insatiable piece of Eden that is the HTC bootloader.

Haz Verizon. Not worried.
    Steven58 likes this.
  11. EarlyMon

Hboot with s-off: the dark side of truth and justice. :)
    iowabowtech likes this.
  12. iowabowtech

Tiz the pinnacle of Androidery. The upper echelon of the digital universe. The ne plus ultra of mobile technology.

Hboot...or hellaboot as it was originally named (call hacks and win) is sorely missed by yours truly. I have said that many times over the last few years yet I haven't got it done. May be time to make good on that.
  13. EarlyMon

14. EarlyMon

We were never lost. ;)
  15. Steven58

You know me. I overreact. That's my job. :p
    EarlyMon likes this.
  16. EarlyMon

Lol I just hope that they don't keep name changing, we went past the title character limit when I edited it.
    Steven58 likes this.
  17. Steven58

Lol.

Antutu says my wife's S5 is amazing. My gnex? Rated poor. Lol
  18. Steven58

PS: You took away my asterisks(es)(es?). It hurt me deeply. I hope they may be able to return someday. Lol. :p
  19. EarlyMon

As soon as we're sure we can lose a name to shorten it, no problem. If you want to tinker with it, please do. :)
    Steven58 likes this.
  20. Steven58

i'm just kidding.. making small talk.. you know me.. very small.

You saw the need. You took the initiative and executed what needed executing. That's one of the things I like about you. :p ;)

Just having fun. It's about having fun, right? Hopefully?
  21. EarlyMon

Absolutely, me too.

I want the UltraPixel camera.
  22. Steven58

Heck, I'll just take more info regardless!
  23. Steven58

24. EarlyMon

Yeah.

The HTC source said that they said it would be the highest ppi screen.

I read the original quote, sounded like they could have easily meant "among the HTCs."

The blogosphere decided that meant among everything, and therefore, the screen is 5.2".

Who knows, maybe, but that's not what the leak really said.

Btw - count on the 805.