• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official: HTC rolling out Android 2.2 and 720p video capture to unlocked European Desires this weeke

Magicuk

Jul 16, 2010
Official: HTC rolling out Android 2.2 and 720p video capture to unlocked European Desires this weekend -- Engadget

so i have jsut had a look on engadget web site and it saying that froyo 2.2 will be released to users whos desire is not carrier locked.

my question is how do u tell if your htc desire is carrier locked i got my htc desire for vodafone and it has no sign of it having any vodafone features.

dose any 1 no how to tell if myn is locked or open to this update that is ment to be coming this weekend.

Could this be the week i finally get froyo to use on my phone..:p

Thanks for your help people.

my question is how do u tell if your htc desire is carrier locked i got my htc desire for vodafone and it has no sign of it having any vodafone features.

dose any 1 no how to tell if myn is locked or open to this update that is ment to be coming this weekend.

Stick a sim from another network in your phone. If it works, it's unlocked. If your phone complains, then it's locked.

Upvote 0

one way to tell is when you boot your phone or turn it on, if you get a green htc sign with quietly brilliant written under it then i understand that your phone i unlocked. If your phone is locked to the network you will most likely get the vodafone logo when u boot

Upvote 0
one way to tell is when you boot your phone or turn it on, if you get a green htc sign with quietly brilliant written under it then i understand that your phone i unlocked. If your phone is locked to the network you will most likely get the vodafone logo when u boot

oh right i jsut get the htc logo with quietly brilliant :D so hopefully i get froyo this weekend :D:p;):eek::):D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
Well.... maybe.

I'm on VF and although it is not locked to them it does have a VF variant firmware. I'm hoping that all it does is configure MMS, SMS and voicemail stuff - so hopefully not much for them to do. But it's likely we'll have to wait for VF to release 2.2

That said, I'll be hitting my Software Update button over the weekend just in case :)

Upvote 0
Well.... maybe.

I'm on VF and although it is not locked to them it does have a VF variant firmware. I'm hoping that all it does is configure MMS, SMS and voicemail stuff - so hopefully not much for them to do. But it's likely we'll have to wait for VF to release 2.2

That said, I'll be hitting my Software Update button over the weekend just in case :)

ye i hope that is jsut for the mms and sms but hopefully there will be a real 2.2 rom relesed for the people with rooted phones so they dont have to wait for there network to say it is ok for them to have it on there devise

Upvote 0
so for the users with a rooted htc desire is the official froyo rom avaliable to them as there are many froyo roms floating around on the internet with all diffrent features??

I think the ROMs already available are based on a development ROM. Presumably those ROMS will be updated after the weekend with the retail version and the groups tweaks.

What I don't understand is the difference between the new 2.2 apps2SD and the original that I have from rooting. The 2.2 version requires apps to be compatible right? So the old version is better it seems.. I want to stick to that and easily be able to transfer my apps over hmm

Sounds like so much work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones