• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official hTC/Verizon upcoming phones/devices thread

4" screen - win
Sense 4.0 - win
Snapdragon processor - win
4G - win
NFC - win
$99-149 price tag - win

Battery life????? That's the deal breaker for me. For me looking at this phone is like eyeballing an extremely hot chick but having the nagging feeling in the back of your head that she's psycho crazy. But she's smoking hot. Might be crazy. But hot. Worth it? Depends on how many chargers you have laying around I guess.

Upvote 0
4" screen - win
Sense 4.0 - win
Snapdragon processor - win
4G - win
NFC - win
$99-149 price tag - win

Battery life????? That's the deal breaker for me. For me looking at this phone is like eyeballing an extremely hot chick but having the nagging feeling in the back of your head that she's psycho crazy. But she's smoking hot. Might be crazy. But hot. Worth it? Depends on how many chargers you have laying around I guess.

Battery life *should* be better on this phone than any other current VZW phone with an external LTE radio.
The S4 processor has internal LTE built in on the krait based SoC chip, the first of it's kind...
Hopefully it's way less power hungry and very efficient...
The S4 is also not lacking in the speed department...

Upvote 0
Battery life *should* be better on this phone than any other current VZW phone with an external LTE radio.
The S4 processor has internal LTE built in on the krait based SoC chip, the first of it's kind...
Hopefully it's way less power hungry and very efficient...
The S4 is also not lacking in the speed department...

Should is the operative word there. I had a DInc and loved it except for the battery life. I moved to the DInc2 which spanked the DInc in the battery department. Then I moved to the Rezound. Battery sucked as bad as the DInc. I couldn't bring myself to go back to being tied to a charger all the time, dropped the Rezound and went back to my DInc2. If I can get a phone that's basically a refreshed version of the DInc2 and it gets similar battery life I am so on board with that.

Upvote 0
Should is the operative word there. I had a DInc and loved it except for the battery life. I moved to the DInc2 which spanked the DInc in the battery department. Then I moved to the Rezound. Battery sucked as bad as the DInc. I couldn't bring myself to go back to being tied to a charger all the time, dropped the Rezound and went back to my DInc2. If I can get a phone that's basically a refreshed version of the DInc2 and it gets similar battery life I am so on board with that.

I'm with G.adams22 on this. I think battery life will be fine. Maybe not quite that of the Inc2, but worlds better than the Rezound. My buddy with the Rezound would trade me for my Inc2 in a NY minute....except that I tell him to go kick rocks when he asks. ;)

This has all the earmarks of the perfect phone. Let's just hope it all works out as planned.....

Reactions: blackepoxy
Upvote 0
With all that being said...

aefd63e2-6410-7910.jpg

:):D:)

Upvote 0
Reactions: TheAtheistReverend
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones